Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,884 times

Advertisements

Good morning... Chilly 50 degrees and looks like a little rain on its way.

Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book?

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future?

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn?

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself)

Today in History:
1991 - Boris Yelstin elected president of Russian Federation
1982 - Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel perform in Rotterdam
1978 - U.S. House of Representatives allows live radio coverage
1962 - 3 convicts used spoons to dig their way out of Alcatraz
1944 - 1st V-1 rocket assault on London
1840 - Meteorite hits Uden, Netherlands

Word of the Day:
Cockalorum - (KOK-uh-lor-uhm, -LOAR-)
noun:
1. A self-important or boastful person.
2. Bragging.

Today is:
Abused Women and Children's Awareness Day
Crowded Nest Awareness Day
Loving Day
Orthodox Pentecost Day
Raggedy Ann and Andy Day
Ride the Wind Day
Race Unity Day
Whitsunday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:26 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book? I can't remember the first time I couldn't put a book down. But it happens once in a while. I do not usually reread. In fact, I don't think I ever have, aside from referencing it briefly.

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? Nope. Everyone is coming to me over the next few weeks.

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? The front lawn looks nice. We are working on the back. There was no grass whatsoever when we moved in 7 months ago. We've got it about half filled now.

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself) French toast and bacon.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:29 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,080,646 times
Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book?

The very first one? Probably Green Eggs and Ham--if it has to be a longer book, maybe one of the books by Edgar Eager that I read in 2nd grade.

Week long family reunion at the beach.

Still lush and green for now... but summer is rapidly approaching.

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself)

I'd love to have the daily spread they put out on my last cruise. Not that I'm going to eat it all, but I'd love to see it all.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:40 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
[quote=GarlicGuy;19553301]Good morning... Chilly 50 degrees and looks like a little rain on its way. We're setting in the low 60's here with a very nice morning breeze and blue skies
Just an absolute gorgeous morning

Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book? Truth be told I have a hard time remembering lots of things and this would qualify as 1 of those

I travel each and every week it seems so yes beginning Monday I will be back on the road again visiting and spending time in WV and the week after its told I will be heading to Kentucky so buckle up

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? Wet, very wet

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself) I'd like a pan of fried bacon, fried potatoes with onions please and a heaping pile of scrambled eggs smothered in cheese with a tall ice cold glass of OJ

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
Cockalorum - (KOK-uh-lor-uhm, -LOAR-)
noun:
2. Bragging.

Today is:

Raggedy Ann and Andy Day

Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times
I don't remember, but there's a very good chance it was one of Enid Blyton's Famous Five books - perhaps "Five Go To Billyc ock Hill" (censor lol). I also read and loved "Black Beauty" when I was 7-8 years old. I have been known to re-read books, but not very often.

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? There's always travel plans in the pipeline! My travel pal and I were just discussing taking a road trip next year centring on cowboy country (Montana, Wyoming) or maybe a reprise of a trip we took a few years ago - Chicago - Memphis - New Orleans. Decisions, decisions!

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? It's not growing too much (winter here), but is still green and lush as we've had quite a lot of rain. It only needs mowing every two or three weeks (until around September, then it's back to once a week).

I can't manage breakfast first thing in the morning - so if I can please have mine mid-morning, I'd like a real Parisian croissant with lashings of butter, followed with a little smoked salmon on yummy pumpernickel bread. I'll wash it down with some genuine French cafe au lait. If you don't mind, may I please eat it in Paris too? Thanks very much.

Have a Wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by Kobber; 06-12-2011 at 06:01 AM..

Old 06-12-2011, 05:47 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
Good morning... Chilly 50 degrees and looks like a little rain on its way. Same for us in Vermont, GG. It looks rainy through til Wednesday.

Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book? I can't remember. I read a lot & have stayed up most of the night with a book I couldn't put down. I have reread books. In the book Inkspell there's a line that says something like, "When you pick up a book you've read it's like finding a piece of yourself that was left behind."

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? No traveling plans.

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? Funny you should ask. My lawnmower wasn't fixed til a little over a week ago. With the party yesterday my SIL and I spent most of the week mowing. I mow about six acres. SIL threatened to have one of the farmers come in to hay.

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself) French toast with fruit.

Enjoy your day!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
"A Night to Remember", by Walter Lord. "The Wizard of Oz", by L. Frank Baum. It was one of them, unless you count "Star-Bellied Sneetches", by Dr. Suess. That was great!
Yep, I'll re-read a book. But I only read reference books now.

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? Yep! We're going to the market today!

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? Half dead.

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself) 3 jumbo eggs, home fries with onion, several strips og bacon, 2 big sausage links, toast and water.

1840 - Meteorite hits Uden, Netherlands Wish I was there!

Today is:
Abused Women and Children's Awareness Day So when is Abused Men Day?
Crowded Nest Awareness Day Peep! Peep! Peep! Peep! Peeep!
Loving Day That is every day.
Orthodox Pentecost Day WTH is that?
Raggedy Ann and Andy Day
Ride the Wind Day I haven't had gas that bad for a long time.
Race Unity Day Yeah....right. That'll never happen.
Witsunday ~ A celebrated day in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where you may only order a cheesesteak sub "Wit" the cheesewhiz.

Happy Sunday! It's another day to eat somethin'.
Thanks, Garlic Guy.
I feel like havin' some pizza.
I need to get in gear and hand out the reppies this mornin'!

Last edited by rainroosty; 06-12-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-12-2011, 05:49 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
Good Morning Thanks GG for todays QOTD

Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? Are you one to reread a book? When I finally finish a book, I can't remember what happened in the beginning......my answer is..... I have no idea

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? Hope not

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? some brown spots, but lawn guy said he'll take care of it

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself) 2 eggs over med, hash brown, bacon and a glass of milk. Almost forgot about the toast. White, lightly buttered

Today is:
Loving Day
Orthodox Pentecost Day
Raggedy Ann and Andy Day
Ride the Wind Day
Race Unity Day
Whitsunday
Happy Sunday everyone!!

Last edited by Bella52; 06-12-2011 at 06:00 AM..

Old 06-12-2011, 05:54 AM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times

Hmm- a toughie as it would have been a few years ago, but 'The Mysterious Affair At Styles' by Agatha Christie, and the book which introduces Hercule Poirot comes to mind. I remember reading it on the banks on the River Avon opposite the Shakespeare theatre back in the early 1970s.

There are so many books that I have reread.

We're off to Normandy in a few weeks, dropping Miss Jezer off to do an intensive French course whilst Mrs J and I then head off to stay in a Chateau in the Loire Valley.

Then back to Rouen and the two girls take the train to Milan via Paris for a short break leaving me to drive back to Blighty.

Miss J is looking to study French and Italian at university.

Until today it was pretty dry and in not great condition. Today's downpours should help it.

Full English: proper bacon (not the American stuff), proper Wiltshire sausages from round here, our own hens eggs sunny side up, tomatoes (pronounced the proper way ), mushrooms and proper toast- ie done on both sides (remember Sting singing An Englishman In New York?). Decent unsalted butter, which we could not get in the US, and marmalade.

I will have it with coffee rather than tea though.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:01 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
[quote=GarlicGuy;19553301]Good morning... Chilly 50 degrees and looks like a little rain on its way. GOOD MORNING,GARLIC GUY.

Today's Question: Whats the name of the first book you read and just couldn't put down? I don't remember. Are you one to reread a book? Not usually

Extra Credit Question: Any traveling plans coming up in the near future? I don't think so.

Bonus Question: What condition is your lawn? Green and wet

Just One More: What is your favorite breakfast? (if you didn't have to cook it yourself)I don't usually eat breakfast but a stack of pancakes wiith some hash browns,toast and a glass of OJ would be good.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
Cockalorum [/b] - (KOK-uh-lor-uhm, -LOAR-)
noun:
2. Bragging.

Today is:
Loving Day
Orthodox Pentecost Day
Raggedy Ann and Andy Day
Ride the Wind Day
Race Unity Day
Whitsunday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics