Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:44 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times

Advertisements

Maybe it’s working and you’re not suppose to sell the house and move? God may have a better plan for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 10:56 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,363 times
great input everyone on this thread and I passed it on to our members in the MO forum which includes some having one heckuva time selling their home!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 AM

942 posts, read 2,582,951 times
Default Eleven months latter with St. Joseph barried...No Sale

Put my home for sale in September 06. We baried St. Joseph and said the prayer. I also pray constantly for the sale of the house I have chosen to pray "Lord, do whats best for us all." Anyhow, eleven months latter no sale.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,458 times
Default St Joseph

I put St Joseph in my front yard when i sold my last house. We actually got it and the people comming to look at the house called to cancel..when we got home we burried him in the front yard. The people drove by the house that afternoon and wanted to look at the inside and they put a contract on house and bought house. The only problem and hopefully I can get some help...We never knew to dig him back up...my house is now for sale again and going to buy one tomorrow anybody know will it work?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Upside down and facing the street...crazy I know, but this what I was told, I did it and we sold our house.It had been on the market 14 months before I buried St. Joe.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
I bought a "kit" when we put our house on the market in '07. It tells the story how it began, tells you where and how to bury him (upside down, facing toward the new home OR upside down, facing toward the current home). I also put a stone on top of where we buried him so I would know where to dig him up. He came with a little prayer which I used to say 3 or 4 times a week. YOu're supposed to dig him up after all the papers are signed, then put him in a place of honor in your new home.

We did all that. Put the house on the market on St. Joseph's Day (pure coincidence - it was the date the realtor picked). Had a couple of open houses, got an offer Memorial Day weekend and signed the house over in July sometime. We feel very lucky to have sold it so quickly in the market we were in.

Someone mentioned having their house up for sale for 3 months. Generally, in today's market, that is, unfortunately, not a long time.

Now, whether St. Joe helped us or not, I don't know. But, hey, could it hurt? I don't think so. And it's a bit of fun, too.
Whether

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM

10,175 posts, read 11,158,716 times
I know I posted in this, or maybe it was a different thread about St. Joseph...

I, too, buried one...The first time around - He just sat in the ground...We took the home off the market after 5 or 6 months...

We left him in the ground - when we relisted the second time around, our home sold within a week..

Now - I do have strong faith, but I don't believe the St. Joe statue helped sell my home. It was the right time for us to sell. We got the right buyer....

Remember once you sell - you're suppose to dig him up and put him in your new home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics