Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

My wife was told by someone where she works, "if you want to sell your house fast, bury a small plastic statue of St. Joseph in front yard."
I decided to check this St. Joseph house selling thing out on the Internet and I was quite surprised at just how many people have done this and sold their house fairly fast......but, most websites say the same thing, "the procedures for having St. Joseph sell your house have to be done right." Well, we plan on giving St. Joseph a try when we get back from our vacation in a couple of weeks. We would definitely like to get our house sold and get on our way to another State before the snow starts to fall here in the Denver, CO metro area.
So, what do you think of the "house selling" technic? Ever know anyone who has done it? "Put your faith in St. Joseph and he will sell your house quickly for you" we are told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,378,315 times
I have heard about it. I thought about trying it myself but then our house sold. My hubby thought I was crazy but hey, it can't hurt, especially the way the market is today.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,388 times
I have had mine buried for over a month. Still haven't sold...I keep saying "I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe"

Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Thumbs up should work

I understand that it must be upside down when buried. I have heard that people do this and it works more often then not.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,378,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I understand that it must be upside down when buried. I have heard that people do this and it works more often then not.
Yes, it does have to be upside down.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,070 times
It does not have to be upside down,
or even in the ground. It is a statue, an icon, save your money and just pray
for St. Joseph to pray for you that your house sells,

Or keep the statue on a table or shelf to help you reflect when you pray.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
My wife was told by someone where she works, "if you want to sell your house fast, bury a small plastic statue of St. Joseph in front yard."
I decided to check this St. Joseph house selling thing out on the Internet and I was quite surprised at just how many people have done this and sold their house fairly fast......but, most websites say the same thing, "the procedures for having St. Joseph sell your house have to be done right." Well, we plan on giving St. Joseph a try when we get back from our vacation in a couple of weeks. We would definitely like to get our house sold and get on our way to another State before the snow starts to fall here in the Denver, CO metro area.
So, what do you think of the "house selling" technic? Ever know anyone who has done it? "Put your faith in St. Joseph and he will sell your house quickly for you" we are told.

I thought it was the back yard and had to be upside down
now i got to go check it out

Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
It does not have to be upside down,
or even in the ground. It is a statue, an icon, save your money and just pray
for St. Joseph to pray for you that your house sells,

Or keep the statue on a table or shelf to help you reflect when you pray.

I’ve check with the higher authority in my house and the wife said no that we didn’t use it when we sold our last home. However she knows that it worked for our neighbor here and her sister back home when they tried to sell their homes, after they had the statue inside the house the homes sold within a couple of months. She (the betterhalf) said that it’s more of an urban myth then anything else. However say what you want it seems to have worked in two cases that we know of.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I thought it was the back yard and had to be upside down
I thought it had to be sideways, wrapped in a yellow baby outfit, and buried exactly 2 feet deep, and marked with one of those golf-poles & hole in the ground... and Mister Joseph would only do his magic if you went out to sink one in the hole before the sun rose every morning for good luck!

...while you were naked, chanting. and dancing around of course!

You guys know I'm just teasing. (((early morning hugs to everyone))) I hope my waggly butt doesn't offend anyone. It's FRIDAY!! I have a hard time not bursting with energy and excitement and sillyness (apparently). Because I have the whole weekend... to think of something interesting to do with my weekend!!! But on a serious note.. I have never heard of such a tradition before. But I don't own a house to worry about either!
Best of luck. I'll stay out of this thread until I can think of something productive to say

Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
For the folks in this Thread who have never heard of this tradition, go on the Internet and in the Search area write, Buring a statue of St. Joseph to sell a house. This will bring up the websites that I looked at.....with very interesting results. But, the websites do say to bury the statue in your front yard (not back), head first (facing the house), say a nice prayer and keep the faith that both God and St. Joseph will get the house sell quickly. I'm not to much of a believer in some things like this, but I've just read wayyyyyyy to make stories that it has worked AND our realtor even told me "go for it". Don't know if something will/will not work unless it is tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics