Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:51 PM

36,334 posts, read 15,932,517 times

Advertisements

I find myself always apologizing, if I think something I say is going to hurt someones feelings, or offend them. It's like I just posted on a thread I did not agree with, and then totally, wimped out at the end, Oh I don't mean to....blah blah!!

I do this, not only here but at work. I can't just say something to defend myself, you know, be assertive without compromising my true intention by apologizing!!

Wow I need to get a grip and just say what I want to say without ALWAYS putting other peoples feelings before mine!!

From door mat to DoorWoman!! I need to get there

Terry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 04:12 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,665,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I find myself always apologizing, if I think something I say is going to hurt someones feelings, or offend them. It's like I just posted on a thread I did not agree with, and then totally, wimped out at the end, Oh I don't mean to....blah blah!!

I do this, not only here but at work. I can't just say something to defend myself, you know, be assertive without compromising my true intention by apologizing!!

Wow I need to get a grip and just say what I want to say without ALWAYS putting other peoples feelings before mine!!

Terry

Just admit it, you are too nice! Nothing wrong with that,

Old 08-11-2007, 04:27 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,415,933 times
Tas.... Maybe you and I should start a "I apologize if I hurt your feelings thread"..If I do hurt someone ( and I have on this forum) even if that person says they forgive me, I can't forgive myself and carry the guilt. I probably should not be on this or any forum, I am just not "tough nuff".

Old 08-11-2007, 06:25 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,303,346 times
Quote:

Terry
I know what you mean . I usually end up deleting my post....

Old 08-11-2007, 07:46 PM

Thanks everyone! Great comments!!

Last edited by Rance; 08-11-2007 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Removed orphaned comment...

Old 08-11-2007, 07:51 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,901,128 times
One of the mods can move it....

Bueller? Bueller?

Mod? Mod?

Old 08-11-2007, 07:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,415,933 times
Quote:
How did I put this on the wrong forum. How do I change it to: Other topics.

Thanks everyone! Great comments!!
You can't move it Pm a mod

Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 PM

Rance moved it for me. Thank you Rance. Now onto my problem with not being able to stick to my guns, so to speak. It's weird how I get it all out and then slop syrup over it..

I am not that sesitive, when people voice their opinion to me. I've hardened in that way because of my job. But I still can't give it back, without feeling guilty.

Oh well, I will work on this issue, just thought it was interesting while I was posting and there it was and there it went....

Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,729,298 times
Well, I don't, know....especially in this medium of the blogosphere where misunderstandings can easily arise, perhaps there is something good about a little qualifying ..."Oh I hope you don't misunderstand..." or something similar.

Anyone?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 AM

63 posts, read 57,807 times
Quote:

Terry
Terry,

I always was the one to whom was apologizing to everyone for everything, because, I was ALWAYS putting other people's feelings before mine, as well, yet I had put an immediate halt to that a few years ago.

How was it that, whatever I would say or do, would hurt someone's feelings or be completely wrong? Do they not realize, I have feelings to which I hold within, for I fear I will hurt theirs? Well guess what? ... I do! and it's time, they get a taste of their own medicine, per sa!

I had learned how to say it like it is ... like it or not, and you know what? ... I had received numerous compliments from both men and women, about my open-minded attitude. In fact, numerous people have told me, they wish they could be open-minded like me, and have the "say it like it is ... like it or not" attitude, and I told them, they can, for nothing is impossible.

Terry ... No need to be a door mat. Turn that frown upside-down, for YOU can be 'DoorWoman' I know you can, for I have faith in you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics