Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times

Advertisements

There's been packages in my apartment building addressed to "Amaya Basta" and "Bob and Linda Lazercat"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
My MIL's maiden name is Beach. I told my FIL, "Life's a Beach, then you marry one."

Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,282 times
I know a Dick Yankie! Not sure about the spelling.
LOL!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:14 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
I know this one has been said, but I worked the front desk of a hotel and our reservation system had a feature that if the guest had a special request it would pop up at you when you are checking them in.

Well, I had to check in Mr, Glasscock and the reservationist put in "handle with care, results could be shattering."
I DID keep a straight face but was no good for the rest of the shift.

I work with a cop with the last name of Gay. We also have one with the last name of Carter, which wasn't a big deal until he was promoted to Sgt.
Then everybody asked Sgt Carter where Gomer was.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I was standing in line at Office Max not long ago and there was a guy in front of me, he handed the cashier his bank card to pay for his stuff, and a brief conversation started over the name. His last name was 'Crickettkiller'. For real! He told her he had his last name legally changed. Ive seen this guy around town here from time to time.
Ive done the name change thing once before and its really not as expensive as some may think, but it is time consuming. Ive picked up some forms to change my last name but havent decided what name to use yet. My grandmothers maiden, which is French-Canadian, or my mothers maiden, which is Japanese, but ya never know, dont put it past me to do something really 'different'....like a combination of both?
Hmm... How about Mrs. Livewire Magnum? It has a nice ring to it!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Up until about 10 years ago, I used to watch Beavis and Butthead on MTV, and I remember this one episode where they were doing prank calls and they find this guy in the phone book named Harry Sachs.... I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with that first and last name combination!

Also, with the elections this year, the campaign signs are of course all over the place, and in the local state congressional elections, there's a guy by the name of Paul Neuman. A couple of years ago, there was a guy who ran for a state office, his name was Dean Martin, he won the election.

I kind of feel sorry for somebody with the last name of Long, or Short, especially if their first name is Richard, or Peter, so you can imagine the possible comedic scenarios! If that were my name, I would definitely apply for a name change as soon I turned 18!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
What about having "Torn" as a last name? There is a producer in Hollywood who's name is, get this, Rip Torn.

How cruel.

*edit*

Oh, just remembered another funny name (even though he's a bada$$)... Dick Butkus (pronounced butt kiss). Oh man...

Old 09-16-2008, 10:41 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,282 times
When I was in high school ,kids used to call the movie theater and ask if they would page Bill Meoff. When the person would come back to the phone to say he was not there,they would ask if they would please page his brother, Jack.
I know....That's bad!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Recently came across the last name "Butzlaff" through the course of my work. Had me laffing my butz off!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Ok, just remembered a name from a previous place of employment - and he was high up there too - it was Neiswonger. Pronounced, "Nice Wonger". I kid you not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics