U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 AM

10,593 posts, read 22,458,557 times

Advertisements

I would of course take care of the bills at home. Then I would hire a tutor for my daughter and we would go traveling.

I would buy a bigger house with a pool with alot of land so I can get away from annoying neighbors.

I would probably buy a summer home back in Mass where I grew up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:19 PM

401 posts, read 735,421 times
Step one is, of course, to pay off bills--nothing original there.

Next, I would allocate three million dollars for two houses: a Summer and a Winter house. The Summer house would be in a state like Oregon, Utah, Idaho, or Colorado--an outdoorsy place, but with good gun laws, and a Libertarian streak.

The Winter house would be in Hawaii. I'm thinking West Maui (maybe Napili.)

I would budget $100,000 to live off of a year, until age 90. And put some aside for kids' college, first house down payments, etc.

Then, depending on the amount I had left, I would travel and do the round of charities. The idea would be to set up myself and offspring in a favorable position, but leave nothing after death. I would also limit investments, as the government already steals too much, and I wouldn't want additional taxes.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM

12,343 posts, read 6,162,312 times
i think the op should just donate like half of it, to all the people that post on this thread.

chiching chiching chiching

Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM

9,807 posts, read 6,286,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
What should I do ? Tell us what would you would do?
Spiritwalker
I seriously doubt if the OP actually won the lottery as no details were given whatsoever ( amount)

Seriously, if any of us won a lottery, do you actually think we would be posting asking strangers for advice ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics