U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:15 PM

20,607 posts, read 16,916,182 times

Advertisements

I make the bed every day. I'm a clean freak....but to an extent of course.
I have family, born in or that came from, Canada, Japan and Hungary.
I'm not telling my first nickname!

And every day is 'make your bed' day here.
We don't have a hound so can I hug the cat instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 05:59 PM

8,717 posts, read 4,531,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Today’s Question(s):

According to my son, it’s football season! What are the team colors of the football team at:
The nearest high school to your home? Blue and Red..Go Coogers!
The nearest college or university? Maroon and White (McMurry University)
The nearest NFL team? Silver and Blue...Go Cowboys!

What was the mascot of the high school you attended? Coogers
I just realized that I misspelled the name of my own high school's mascot. It is Cougars, not Coogers...lol.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:29 PM

16,167 posts, read 16,340,480 times
Hi all. Been getting ready for a road trip

According to my son, it’s football season! What are the team colors of the football team at:
The nearest high school to your home? 15 miles.
The nearest college or university? 25 miles the other way.
The nearest NFL team? No clue...is there one in NC or TN?

Oh you said colors I have no idea

What was the mascot of the high school you attended? Wildcats

When did you last make your bed? This morning....I even washed and hung out the sheets today

Most of the people who live in what we now call the United States of America are descended from people who emigrated from elsewhere in the world. Where did your ancestors emigrate from?
Denmark
Italy
Germany
Ireland

What was the first nickname you had? Smiley and Lee

Have a great week!!!!

Last edited by younglisa7; 09-11-2011 at 06:46 PM..

Old 09-11-2011, 07:15 PM

5,685 posts, read 5,675,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I just realized that I misspelled the name of my own high school's mascot. It is Cougars, not Coogers...lol.
Hey, it could be worse - at least you spelled it with a C, not a B!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,884,539 times
Today’s Question(s):

What was the mascot of the high school you attended?
An oil rig! I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing.

Bonus Question:

When did you last make your bed? I'm afraid to say. Even though I am a huge neat freak, one of the few things I don't do is make the bed.

Extra Credit Question:

Most of the people who live in what we now call the United States of America are descended from people who emigrated from elsewhere in the world. Where did your ancestors emigrate from?
Italy

If you are descended from one of the indigenous peoples in North America, which of the First Nations represents your ancestors?

Just for Fun:

What was the first nickname you had?
Just a variation of my given name.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM

1,090 posts, read 570,315 times
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Today’s Question(s):

The nearest high school to your home? I'm not entirely sure...weird.
The nearest college or university? Green and white
The nearest NFL team? Orange and Brown....I think.

What was the mascot of the high school you attended? We were the trojans We had an actual mascot, but no one paid attention. We always got in trouble for pinning condoms on our clothes during school spirit week.

Bonus Question:

When did you last make your bed? Yesterday. I was lazy today.

Extra Credit Question:

Umm- all over the darn place, but France, Germany, Ireland, Scandinavia (and that honestly looks like I spelled it wrong) are the big ones. I think....
If you are descended from one of the indigenous peoples in North America, which of the First Nations represents your ancestors?

Just for Fun:

What was the first nickname you had?
lala

Today In History:
1609 – Henry Hudson discovers Manhattan Island and the indigenous people living there
1792 – The Hope Diamond is stolen, along with other French crown jewels, when six men break into the house where they were stored
1903 – The first race at the oldest major speedway in the world, the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin, is held
1941 – Ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon
1944 – The RAF conducts a bombing raid on Darmstadt, Germany, creating a firestorm that kills an estimated 11,000 to 12,500 mostly civilian inhabitants
1978 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachim Begin meet at Camp David and together craft the Camp David Accords, a framework for peace between Israel and Egypt along with a comprehensive peace in the Middle East
2001 – Airplane hijackings result in the collapse of the World Trade Center in New York City, damage to the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and the crash of a passenger airliner near Shanksville, Pennsylvania
2007 – Russia tests the largest conventional (i.e., non-nuclear) weapon ever, the “Father of all Bombs”

Word of the Day:
Xenophobe \zĕn ə fōb\ noun
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

Today Is:
Grandparents’ Day
Make Your Bed Day
No News is Good News Day
Patriot Day
National Hot Cross Bun Day
National Hug Your Hound Day Still haven't gotten mine back, dangit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics