According to my son, it’s football season! What are the team colors of the football team at:
The nearest high school to your home? I'm not entirely sure...weird.
The nearest college or university? Green and white
The nearest NFL team? Orange and Brown....I think.
What was the mascot of the high school you attended? We were the trojans We had an actual mascot, but no one paid attention. We always got in trouble for pinning condoms on our clothes during school spirit week.
When did you last make your bed? Yesterday. I was lazy today.
Extra Credit Question:
Most of the people who live in what we now call the United States of America are descended from people who emigrated from elsewhere in the world. Where did your ancestors emigrate from?
Umm- all over the darn place, but France, Germany, Ireland, Scandinavia (and that honestly looks like I spelled it wrong) are the big ones. I think....
If you are descended from one of the indigenous peoples in North America, which of the First Nations represents your ancestors?
Just for Fun:
What was the first nickname you had?
Today In History:
– Henry Hudson discovers Manhattan Island and the indigenous people living there
– The Hope Diamond is stolen, along with other French crown jewels, when six men break into the house where they were stored
– The first race at the oldest major speedway in the world, the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin, is held
– Ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon
– The RAF conducts a bombing raid on Darmstadt, Germany, creating a firestorm that kills an estimated 11,000 to 12,500 mostly civilian inhabitants
– U.S. President Jimmy Carter, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachim Begin meet at Camp David and together craft the Camp David Accords, a framework for peace between Israel and Egypt along with a comprehensive peace in the Middle East
– Airplane hijackings result in the collapse of the World Trade Center in New York City, damage to the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and the crash of a passenger airliner near Shanksville, Pennsylvania
– Russia tests the largest conventional (i.e., non-nuclear) weapon ever, the “Father of all Bombs”
Word of the Day:
ə fōb\ noun
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.
Make Your Bed Day
No News is Good News Day
National Hot Cross Bun Day
National Hug Your Hound Day Still haven't gotten mine back, dangit!