U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,019,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Ahh.... neighbors! In our first apartment, we had a LOVELY woman who lived below us. Now, at first I was happy to move into an apartment with no one above us, thinking how we wouldn't hear anything above us, and stomping around and so forth. Oh how wrong I was...

The girl below us moved in about 630 am one Saturday. We know the time because she proceeded to scream at the people helping her through the window of the apartment. Instead of propping open the front door to ease the move, she open and closed it every time. I stand corrected, she slamed it everytime it should close. We knew this was not going to be a great neighbor from the get-go.

About a week later I wake up at 430, and there is music downstairs so loud that our apartment was shaking. Slamming of doors to every room.. all the time. I called police to tell them to come and turn the music down, they showed up and the music went down. Peaceful sleep..ahhh...
But the next morning I wake up and go to work.. there is creamer all over my car. Not milk, not the bottles of cold creamer for coffee you can keep in the fridge, but the little individual cream that they give you at like Denny's. Juvenile, yes.. and my car was about 2 months old at the time. I come home from work and there is a note on our door from her saying that we should come down stairs and ask her politely to turn the music down if she bothers us..yes.. all 135lbs of me is going to come downstairs at 430, and bang on the door of a 250 lbs woman's apartment and sweetly say "please turn it down so I can sleep" All the while I am peeing on myself from being scared. haha...

To make an already long story a little shorter... it continued for another 3 months. Parties starting at 3-4am.. slamming of every door.. (really is it necessary to slam the bathroom door??) and numerous calls to the police and complaints to the apartment office. But eventually she was evicted. Thank god... that was just a horrible 3-4 months.. I HATE apartments.
Wow! That woman sounds like my neighbors with the door slamming (they even slam the bedroom doors). But my neighbors slam everything - dresser drawers, even the toilet seat. That's how we know they're waking up at night to deal their drugs after sleeping all day. Then there's the constant stomping up and down the steps inside the house - and their stairs are carpetted. Add to this the dog barking everytime they open the front door to make a deal. Oh, I forgot the "home repairs" done in the middle of the night. And we were told if we called the police, they'd have us killed (not that the police would bother to do anything about it).

Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 PM

9 posts, read 23,409 times
I think I might have you beat. Built a beautiful home, moved in with my two children. Met the man at the end of the cul-de-sac and his wife, his sister lives in the next subdivision over. They talked about everyone!!!!! Gossip, gossip, gossip. Husband asked him to stop one day in front of everyone and he went off "f you, this is MY street, i'll say what I want, etc.." next thing we know, NOONE is talking to us, they were gossipping about us all over the entire neighborhood, people we didn't even know would give us nasty looks.
Then neighbor across street has a drinking, drug using teenager who has been to rehab 3 times, suspended and expelled 2 years in a row, set the neighbors property on fire, almost burned down their home. Except for the fire which we witnessed, got all the info from the gossiper at the end of the street. One of the kids who comes to vosot cursed out my husband when he asked him to stop spinning his tires on the road, we have small children playing.
To top it all off, the mans sister put her daughter in the private kindergarten where my son was and not too soon after, son complained noone would play with him, found out 5 year old daughter said things about him to the other children to get them not to play with him. Same child told my one neighbor I still speak to that "my mommy said xxxxx mommy is a ***** and I cant play with xxxxx anymore" Now, tell me who has the worst neighbors!!!!!
By the way, even though this man and his sister said HORRIBLE things about everyone and they KNOW what was said, they are still speaking to him and hanging out with him and ignoring us. unbelievable!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:40 AM

19,340 posts, read 15,897,516 times
I dont think theres ever been more than one occaision where neighbours were a problem. That was way back when, in an apt complex, the couple next door were always fighting and we can actually hear what they were arguing about right through the walls. Sometimes it got pretty vulgar, as she would come home and catch him cheating (yes, you could hear everything) but it was one of those deals where it was better to either just keep your mouth shut or move....and we did (my kids and I).

Old 08-08-2007, 03:54 PM

5,265 posts, read 11,193,545 times
There is a website: Neighbors From Hell where you can get ideas and vent about your problem neighbors.

I get some good advice and a kick out of reading some of these things... thanks for sharing.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:11 PM

1,500 posts, read 4,791,325 times
We just moved from a neighborhood that I have never looked back and wish I could of done it a long time ago. The neighborhood was nice and I did feel safe there (since my hubby is not always home due to work) but the people acted like we lived in some high end neighborhood. Nobody talked to anyone unless they were gossiping or trying to get info on you. They were all trying to keep up with the Jones. They just weren't that neighborly. I am hoping when we get settled into our new place that we will have friendlier neighbors.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM

3,093 posts, read 6,173,492 times
I have a whole thread about MINE: http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...ighbors-j.html
Liz

Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,360,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsally View Post
I think I might have you beat. Built a beautiful home, moved in with my two children. Met the man at the end of the cul-de-sac and his wife, his sister lives in the next subdivision over. They talked about everyone!!!!! Gossip, gossip, gossip. Husband asked him to stop one day in front of everyone and he went off "f you, this is MY street, i'll say what I want, etc.." next thing we know, NOONE is talking to us, they were gossipping about us all over the entire neighborhood, people we didn't even know would give us nasty looks.
Then neighbor across street has a drinking, drug using teenager who has been to rehab 3 times, suspended and expelled 2 years in a row, set the neighbors property on fire, almost burned down their home. Except for the fire which we witnessed, got all the info from the gossiper at the end of the street. One of the kids who comes to vosot cursed out my husband when he asked him to stop spinning his tires on the road, we have small children playing.
To top it all off, the mans sister put her daughter in the private kindergarten where my son was and not too soon after, son complained noone would play with him, found out 5 year old daughter said things about him to the other children to get them not to play with him. Same child told my one neighbor I still speak to that "my mommy said xxxxx mommy is a ***** and I cant play with xxxxx anymore" Now, tell me who has the worst neighbors!!!!!
By the way, even though this man and his sister said HORRIBLE things about everyone and they KNOW what was said, they are still speaking to him and hanging out with him and ignoring us. unbelievable!!!
dang, this could describe the 'hood we moved from in so CA perfectly! Same sitch, some idiots across the street spreading BS about us with all of the neighbors. We later found out they pick a neighbor where ever they live and pull this stunt on them. After a few months it backfired on em when everyone realized what they were really all about.

I'm DONE living in tract house, living on top of each other neighborhoods. There are six families living on a 100 acre subdivision where we now reside. It will fill out eventually with more folks moving in but each lot is a minimum of three acres. Plenty of room for folks to spread out with some privacy.

Bad, inconsiderate neighbors really blow.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 7,126 times
Wow we had neighbors from hell! Guy would park cars all over street and yard so we had poor or no visablity upong leaving driveway and almost got hit on several occasions. Hired attorney to send a letter to cease his behavior and he attempted to run up my attorney bill by small talk and then only increased behavior. We had all kinds of vandalism on sprinkler system and things stolen in yard. Long story short, market changed and we sold house for good profit and got out of there. I have since learned that the man's daughter was arrested for drugs and he lost the house to foreclosure. I feel for you. The guy is trying to get you angry cause that is what he enjoys. Everything you do that spends money to stop him will also bring him delight. So take a deep breath, realize you are smarter than this jerk and map out a plan that will help you to get on living and enjoying your life. Living well is the best revenge against these sick minds. When he yells at you, just look at him with a look of judgment and walk away. A video camera is a good tool and if its in a public area, then film away and call your local TV station to do a story on bad neighbors and show the film of him being a bad neighbor. I think if we good neighbors turn the tables and start documenting this inmature and ridiculous behavior and start posting it for others to witness, maybe people will get a little more cautious about attempting to be bullies. Be creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
I need opinions here, I bought my house thinking it was in the perfect location, Big lot on a corner surrounded by one side with woods. Unfortunetly, next to some really bad people. A couple who are not married, drug addicts, this I know because when I moved in they offered me some illegal stuff. I refused of course. The problem started when the woman kept inviting herself over to my house, Then mysteriously while she was here my $8,500 wedding ring which was sotered to my engagement ring all of a sudden turned up missing when I took it off to make meatballs. It was on my kitchen counter and missing as soon as she left. At the time I was married 6 yrs. and have always known where my ring was. I'm now married 11 yrs. I did not accuse her, but, since then things turned ugly. My son at the time who was 1.5 yrs old walked on their grass and the man who is a hairdresser started yelling at me to get my kid off his property. Meanwhile, I was babysitting their kids while his girlfriend was with her other boyfriend. This i know because she brought this other guy to my house when her live in wasn't home. Since then this live in boyfriend who is 46 yrs old started his cursing me out in front of my kids daily, of course I got loud back. When I originally put my house up for sale 2 yrs. ago he started yelling again telling me he would tell all protential buyers that my house was infested with termites. It's not. My house has been completly re-done , new kitchen ,deck, windows, driveway, landscaping while his house looks pretty bad. Problem is its 5 yrs of constant battling. the more we ignore him the more he does to try to get a reaction out of me. He blocks my kids from walking on the sidewalk in front of his house, He thinks he's intimidating me and the kids but really it's not working. It still continues to this day, We have been to court after he started following us all over the place, I was granted a NO-contact order from the judge. He was not to talk, look at us, follow us , nothing. This has not worked. I'm selling this house because I just can't raise my kids in this kind of environment. And it's just to expensive and I can't take them anymore. I would stay if they weren't my neighbors. Other's in the neighborhood have problems with them also. Their 15yr.old son just came out of Juvenile detention center after being there 10 months. I'm basically stressed out. What would you do if this was happening to you? My friends say that maybe he's mad because I don't work. I think he's just whacked out. Has this happened to anyone else? if so how do you deal with? I wish I could move tomorrow.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,019,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosucks View Post
Wow we had neighbors from hell! Guy would park cars all over street and yard so we had poor or no visablity upong leaving driveway and almost got hit on several occasions. Hired attorney to send a letter to cease his behavior and he attempted to run up my attorney bill by small talk and then only increased behavior. We had all kinds of vandalism on sprinkler system and things stolen in yard. Long story short, market changed and we sold house for good profit and got out of there. I have since learned that the man's daughter was arrested for drugs and he lost the house to foreclosure. I feel for you. The guy is trying to get you angry cause that is what he enjoys. Everything you do that spends money to stop him will also bring him delight. So take a deep breath, realize you are smarter than this jerk and map out a plan that will help you to get on living and enjoying your life. Living well is the best revenge against these sick minds. When he yells at you, just look at him with a look of judgment and walk away. A video camera is a good tool and if its in a public area, then film away and call your local TV station to do a story on bad neighbors and show the film of him being a bad neighbor. I think if we good neighbors turn the tables and start documenting this inmature and ridiculous behavior and start posting it for others to witness, maybe people will get a little more cautious about attempting to be bullies. Be creative.
There's a website where you can post about your bad neighbors (rottenneighbordotcom). I'm pretty sure you can even add videos. Enjoy!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 AM

9 posts, read 23,409 times
you know, I just had to update. We moved and since then, I have been contacted by 2 of my old neighbors. They APOLOGIZED TO US!!!! They stated that since we movedm they realize that it was not us causing all the trouble and that they have nothing further to do with the neighbors at the end of the street. Only one family on my old cul-de-sac hangs out with them anymore. Everyone else has walked away. Now, isnt that interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics