Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,748 times

Advertisements

I put my house for sale because of bad n-s. They are red necks and I'm so tired of their dogs, multiplying cats and disrespectful children, throwing rocks in my swimming pool. Police and animal control didn't help at all, because of president of this f/subdivision supporting thous n-s and he let his 3 dogs run out with out supervision often. I hate those people. I already found me another house with no close houses around, I just need to sell this one very bad. I hope some red neck family will buy my house and will treat my bad n-s even worse, then they treated me.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
Default oh, speaking of quiet, we had a friend whose neighbors start chainsaws at 7 am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess_na_1999 View Post
I hate bad neighbors and have always tried to be a good neighbor myself. I've lived next to selfish idiots that let their car alarm go off at all hours under my bedroom window, their un-neutered cats out at night to get into screaming cat fights with other cats right under my bedroom window, etc. etc. Last apartment I was in was really nice - I had it professionally decorated, etc. It was almost like a townhome where I had upstairs and a stairwell down to an enclosed landing and a one car attached garage. I have always tried to live on the 2nd floor due to noise of inconsiderate idiots above me. I always walk around in stocking feet and/or barefoot and put front of my foot down first. I make it a point to be very quite because I want to treat those around me the way I want to be treated. I had a friend (now ex friend due to her alcohol problem) who would come over and when we were sitting out on my balcony she would talk loud - I told her to lower her voice and be considerate of neighbors since it was late - she didn't like that because she was a selfish self centered alcoholic white trash ***** so she isn't my friend anymore. I had a neighbor that one night was also talking loud out on their balcony. I opened my door and said - hey guys can you help me out and keep it down - trying to sleep before going to work tomorrow. They were really nice and apologised and were quite right away. I finally met the older lady that lives beneath me and she told me she didn't even realize anyone lived above her that is how quite I was. If only wish everyone would be so considerate to their neighbors and treat others the way we want to be treated we wouldn't have issues.

There are quite a few houses in a small area in my friend's neighborhood, but the neighbors don't really seem to care whom they bother or wake up, or won't let go to sleep with all their noisy ventures.
This morning my friend was woken from a deep sleep by a chainsaw no less at 7 o'clock in the morning!
She had been sick a lot this past week, and wasn't feeling good to start with.
Finally she was able to get a bit of shuteye after watching some good tv shows later in the evening... like after 1 am... I'm quite worried for her, because she's not been in good health for awhile now. She doesn't have insurance either. Last week, before the storm, she was worried she was having all these severe pains in her lungs. She did manage to get a health clinic, but the pains still remain.
Anyway, she didn't know who was operating the chain saw, so she looked out their windows and saw the single woman next door had hired some tree trimmer who were outside using a chainsaw at 7 o'clock in the morning!!
She told me she kept trying to go back to sleep, despite all the horribly loud noise, but it was impossible!
Finally she went outside, and looked to see, the tree trimming service had basically parked several feet on top of her lawn, and were able to crush one of her flowering trees on her property, with their vehicle.
She asked the workman to move their truck. He said he would, but then after she went to get stuff off the line, she'd hung out the day before, her neighbor comes up to her, starts yelling at her, and asking her in this really nasty tone of voice "what she was doing???
I mean. the neighbor should have been the one to be asked what THEY were doing, starting such a loud operation at only 7 o'clock in the morning!
She just said she was getting their clothes off the line, and the woman started to give her SO much flack.. my friend was so stressed out, she was afraid for her safety! She's got a heart condition too, so it really worries me to hear my friend being mistreated so badly by someone who lives next door!
Then she told me the old big fat guy who owned the tree trimming company ordered her in this really loud voice, to "Go back to bed!"... he also said she could call the cops if she didn't like it!
I mean, good god!
What nasty neighbors my friend has! And to make things more strange, this neighbor who insists on always getting really really LOUD yard work done at the wee hours of the morning, happens to be in the nursing field, my friend told me!
It's all so strange and unpleasant! She also said that she did the same exact thing on Sept 11th, two days earlier, at about 8 o'clock in the morning!
Who has the nerve to start having workmen use a chainsaw of ALL things at only 8 o'clock on a Sunday morning, especially on the 10th anniversary of 911? Can people not have any respect at all for their fellow neighbors?
Does this neighbor not realize that not EVERYONE goes to bed at 10 pm? There's a slew of people who work 2nd shift and don't even get home til 2 am!
Well, it is amazing just HOW inconsiderate some people can be.

My friend is starting to wonder just WHAT they ought to do? The local officials in her town generally speaking, don't do much of anything, if someone makes a complaint about being harassed in their town!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
U have to live and let live and stay out of the way when u can...

Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Trying to type this in car on way to coast, hope it sends!! I had a bad neighbour over 30
years ago. Liked coming in and playing loud music after midnight. I was up at 4am for work.
I tried reasoning with him, he was an intelligent guy, but when he had a drink this went out
the window. One night he did it once too often, I was furious. I got out of bed, just some
pants on, went next door in his house. He was flat out on the sofa, music blaring. I went over, he opened his eyes, I hit him three

Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
I knew that would happen, I'm on the move!! As I said, I hit him three times in the face,
ripped his record player out the wall, and threw it in the street - problem solved!! He sold
his house and moved away!!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:42 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I have been dealing with my neighbors a while now. I certainly wish they were more respectful of my property, but they are not going anywhere, so I try to pick the things I battle over.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

Once again her neighbor had that same company come over today again at 7:15 and start up a loud lawnmower!
I just cannot believe how unbelievably inconsiderate this neighbor is being to my friend! My friend says she's getting totally exhausted now, from all the damn noise this rude neighbor is making!

I told her to call & file a complaint but honestly, in the state we are in, there's so much "sweeping under the rug" all the violations of the local laws, that I'm not sure anyone will do anything.
Now she's telling me she's scared to go to sleep, cuz she'll be woken up yet AGAIN at the crack of dawn and not get more than 4 hours sleep!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Default It's hard to LIVE when you cannot get a decent night sleep Sun Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U have to live and let live and stay out of the way when u can...
My friend is getting really sick from this neighbor doing this horribly abusive noise violations several times a week!

They just got done going thru a bad hurricane and that was stressful enough!
In fact the woman who keeps insisting on bring over contractors at the crack of dawn, allowed a huge broken tree limb to hang over her neighbor's driveway for 2 long weeks!
I not sure how well you could "live" or survive, if a 100 lb tree limb fell on top of your car as you drove into your driveway?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
Once again her neighbor had that same company come over today again at 7:15 and start up a loud lawnmower!
I just cannot believe how unbelievably inconsiderate this neighbor is being to my friend! My friend says she's getting totally exhausted now, from all the damn noise this rude neighbor is making!

I told her to call & file a complaint but honestly, in the state we are in, there's so much "sweeping under the rug" all the violations of the local laws, that I'm not sure anyone will do anything.
Now she's telling me she's scared to go to sleep, cuz she'll be woken up yet AGAIN at the crack of dawn and not get more than 4 hours sleep!
In most areas, the city or county allows construction or yard work to start at 7:00 AM.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Not in our area, they don't allow you to start construction at 7 am! Geezus Cripeys. there's people out there who do NOT go to bed at 10 pm!
And there's people out there who have to work 2nd shift to get enough money to get by too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics