U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2012, 06:34 AM

43,861 posts, read 27,407,993 times

Advertisements

Here are some Lucky Smiley's................

Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,373 posts, read 3,808,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
So, I'm being lazy tonight. No emoticons and no extras. Less is more, I say.

Today's Questions:

Have you ever had a dream vacation turn into a disaster? If yes, do tell. (I'm sure you heard about the cruise ship that capsized in Italy last week.)

I once lost my keys but then I found them

Interesting question in light of that accident: Do you think the old rule of women and children first should still stand today? (Or or do you subscribe to the George Costanza every man for himself school of thought?)

In light of a major emergency all I have to say is if your in front of me god bless you and should you begin to move to slow god bless you

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number? 13

What significance is that number to you?

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you? sure why not

If yes, what is it and why do you keep it?
It goes with me every where

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time? Jerry Lewis

What did you like about him/her?
He makes me laugh

It is Hump Day

Old 01-18-2012, 06:45 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,395,859 times
Good Morning all! DH got good results from his latest CT scan! Let's all hope the good news continues!

Today's Questions:

Have you ever had a dream vacation turn into a disaster? If yes, do tell. (I'm sure you heard about the cruise ship that capsized in Italy last week.)
No, I have been blessed enough not to have anything of this magnitude happen!

Interesting question in light of that accident: Do you think the old rule of women and children first should still stand today? (Or or do you subscribe to the George Costanza every man for himself school of thought?) Yes I do

Why or why not? No matter how equal everyone thinks we are, the female is still on average the weaker of the two when it comes to physical strength...they are also saved to care for the children.

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number? 27

What significance is that number to you? It's the day of birth!

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you? Nope, I don't need a lucky charm, I've got Angel #1 looking after me.

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time? Dharma Montgomery

What did you like about him/her? She is hysterical!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 AM

1,318 posts, read 598,423 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Questions:

Thankfully, no. But we did fly into Newark on the tail end of a hurricane in 2006. The last bit of the flight was so choppy that when the pilot safely landed the plane, all the passengers cheered! Made me apprehensive about getting on the connecting flight to Halifax! Everything went fine on the second plane.

Interesting question in light of that accident: Do you think the old rule of women and children first should still stand today? (Or or do you subscribe to the George Costanza every man for himself school of thought?)
I am inclined to subscribe to the old way of thinking.

Why or why not?
It just seems like the right thing to do.

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number?
I like sequences of numbers; 123, 246, 369, etc. Or two 2s, three 3s, four 4s, etc.

No significance to me, I just like to see them.

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you?
No lucky charm, but I can't leave home without my lip balm.

It's an addiction.

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time?
As a girl I just loved Jeremy Bolt! Today I like Sue Heck.

Jeremy Bolt was sooooo cute! As for Sue Heck, I can totally identify with her. Especially with "that bathroom" I've been redecorating since August! Every time I try to fix something, I break something else in the process...A very Sue move! Plus Sue and her best friend Carly remind me of me and one of my best friends in school, like we were cloned! Scary!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,642,748 times
[
no.......nothing that bad.

children first of course.......as for men or women and george constanza.......
I don't go for cowards or selfishness.......People need to be considerate of each other.
Some men are weaker that their wives. It may be a personal choice but be considerate and not selfish.

Why or why not?

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number?13

What significance is that number to you?nothing I"m just butt backwards

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you?no not really.

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time? I have many......too many to name
What did you like about him/her?[/quote

Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 892,921 times
Today's Questions:

Not really since we don't get to vacation much.....however when we did get away for a few days I ended up with a horrible sore throat.

Interesting question in light of that accident: Do you think the old rule of women and children first should still stand today? (Or or do you subscribe to the George Costanza every man for himself school of thought?) Yes

Why or why not? Every child needs to be looked out for and every child needs at least one parent with them.

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number? 30

What significance is that number to you? Hubby and I each were born on the 30th.

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you? No

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time? Gibbs from NCIS

What did you like about him/her?[/quote] Everything

Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 AM

25,975 posts, read 7,930,552 times
Today's Questions:

No disasters.

Women and Children first
Why or why not?
It's the right thing to do.

Extra Credit:

None

Just Because:

Old 01-18-2012, 07:15 AM

5,266 posts, read 4,415,060 times
Have you ever had a dream vacation turn into a disaster? If yes, do tell. (I'm sure you heard about the cruise ship that capsized in Italy last week.) Definitely YES! I will go into one where we were sailing to Mexico and had to reroute the ship and go to the Key West area.......... It was an extremely bumpy ride and will never sail again! I had an inner ear imbalance after I got off the ship for two weeks! I prefer traveling by plane and being on land wherever I go!!

Why or why not? CHILDREN FIRST!!and a parent with them. I know my husband would tell me to go with them. He would put himself last.

Extra Credit:

What is your favorite/lucky number? 7, 13 and 29!

What significance is that number to you? Birthday number!

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you?no

Just Because:

Who's one of your favorite TV characters of all time? LUCY!!! I love Lucy!!

What did you like about him/her?[/quote] FUNNY AS ---

Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 AM

22,733 posts, read 17,662,694 times
Today's Questions:

Only disappointing ones - no disasters.

Interesting question in light of that accident: Do you think the old rule of women and children first should still stand today? (Or or do you subscribe to the George Costanza every man for himself school of thought?) Why or why not?

Children, not women. If you want equality, it can't be equality of convenience.

Extra Credit:

Bonus:

Do you have a lucky charm that you carry with you? If yes, what is it and why do you keep it?

Nope...well, wait a minute. This may sound crazy but I carry around the religious card (not sure of the correct terminology) you get at a funeral parlor with the name of the deceased. In this case, my aunt. She was a very lucky woman (cards, bingo, slots, etc.) when she was alive and I rub the card for luck when I play the slots.

Just Because:

Only one?

Zorro (but not his wimpy alter ego, Don Diego de la Vega)

He was a hero who didn't wear tights...and I could and still can sing the theme song to his show.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,642,748 times
Socks......I wanted to rep you but I couldn't.......

Lucy......YEAH>....my fav too. Just couldn't think of it but I love the "I love lucy series.......the old ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics