Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you placed any CD members on Ignore
Yes. More than one. 12 16.22%
Yes. Just one poster that was driving me crazy. 6 8.11%
Whoa, you can DO that?! I haven't yet but I'm going to right now once I figure out how! 1 1.35%
No. I would if I felt the need, but I haven't yet. 21 28.38%
No. I like seeing every post and thread regardless of how much it may irritate me. 34 45.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:22 AM

656 posts, read 2,315,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I was just curious to see how many people here have placed one or more posters on Ignore in their profiles. For those of you who don't know, it basically renders a certain user invisible so that you no longer have to see their posts should you choose not to.
No, not as of yet. Nobody's stepped on my toes, and I feel the CD forum's a refreshing change of pace from where I used to be. Needless to say, forums patronized by older teenagers and early twenty-somethings leave something to be desired (i.e. intelligent conversation, tact, and taste).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
I think everyone here is nice! I know a few in another thread that constantly confront ,yell and like being confronted, I wonder why that thread is so popular,probably some are masochist.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I bet you put me on ignore.
..............did someone say something?? .......................

Old 09-04-2007, 06:47 PM

265 posts, read 813,931 times
Default I can do that??

Overall, I like the forum and find it informative and entertaining. Occasionally, I will get irritated with a post that is ignorant or rude. But on the other hand, the responses to those post can be rather amusing.
I don't know how to ignore post, but if I ever feel the need, I'm sure someone will help me out

Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 AM

1,489 posts, read 8,797,006 times
I think people putting others on "ignore" is some kind of elitist snobery and the equivalent of high school drama.

Its so silly. I can imagine some girl in pig tails saying "Im puttin' you on ignore- nah nah nah nah nah" and sticking out her tongue.

Not that it happened to me back in the day......

Ok, it did.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
The problem with the Ignore feature is that you can still see the responses to that post and if you are like me, you are too nosy to not know what was said. And then others may quote that poster and it won't be ignored in that post.

I ran into one person early on that I did put on ignore but it didn't last long. I had to unignore that person for the above reasons. I still don't care for that person's posts and avoid reading them as much as possible but I don't have them on ignore.

As to the Politics and Religion forums, I avoid those two as much as possible. I found I don't have the temperament for most of the posts in those two sections. Liz

Amen on all of that southernlady...I don't have anyone on ignore but even if I did, I'm sure I'd still have to read their posts due to the fact that most of us do quote the OP such as I'm doing now.

And I take the advice my uncle in Phoenix always tells me about his sister/my mom...I'll talk to you about pretty much anything but I won't talk about politics or religion....I stay out of those forums because I know how emotional I can get either way!!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
Anyone I could possibly want on ignore.. is much more interesting when I can see what they are saying!! I am nosy. I have to know what is going on even if I don't like it!

..you know the old saying, when there's an accicdent up ahead, whether you want to or not, everyone strains to see the chopped off head rollin down the highway!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,266 times
Just one on ignore. I had no personal contact with the poster; its just that if I want to read a news post, I'll go to CNN or MSNBC or the WSJ or even Yahoo. Just got tired of being ambushed by seemingly appealing threads only to find nothing but a cut-and-paste from somewhere else.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
I don't ignore people - Although, I've been told I have been put on ignore several times by the same person. Funny how they kept telling me that after I'd post something. Ha........

Old 09-06-2007, 09:40 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
who would put torn on ignore!!

you don't put torn on ignore... you wrap her up in a blankie, with a ribbon around her neck, inside a lil basket and leave her outside someone's door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics