Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:41 AM

421 posts, read 467,095 times

Advertisements

Libs are desperately trying to discontinue Christmas. Just one example of majority does not rule anymore.. Trying to get everyone to say happy holiday instead of Merry Christmas..grrrrrrr...well what holiday is it then? Here is an interesting article on a Christams tree...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...0703-5977r.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 10:45 AM

22,869 posts, read 28,140,547 times
Every lib in the US couldn't kill Christmas if they tried.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:17 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,638,223 times
Noway cannot get rid of Christmas, please they have to be joking right, next thing you know the will try to take our birthdays!!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:20 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,459,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Libs are desperately trying to discontinue Christmas. Just one example of majority does not rule anymore.. Trying to get everyone to say happy holiday instead of Merry Christmas..grrrrrrr...well what holiday is it then? Here is an interesting article on a Christams tree...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...0703-5977r.htm

Everytime I heard that last year I wanted to puke, I responded with Merry Christmas to you too.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:22 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,459,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
Noway cannot get rid of Christmas, please they have to be joking right, next thing you know the will try to take our birthdays!!

If they rid of Christmas they would get rid of my B-day since my B-day is 12/25 Hmmmm if my B-day doesn't come does that mean I don't get to be a year older?

Maybe it's time to side with the libs on this one

Old 09-14-2006, 12:12 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,967,557 times
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love not only the Christmas trees, lights, decorations, but also the Jesus in a Manger displays and I refuse to say "Happy Holidays". It's Merry Christmas, and I'll stick with it

Old 09-14-2006, 12:24 PM

23,001 posts, read 34,308,026 times
I will say MERRY CHRISTMAS to the day I die because CHRIST is what Christimas is all about, it's not a tree, gifts, decorations, it's JESUS. People try to push Him out so they won't have to think about HIM but someday they will come face to face with Him and well what will they say then????

Old 09-14-2006, 12:30 PM

22,869 posts, read 28,140,547 times
I have Jewish friends, and they don't get offended when people tell them Merry Christmas.

This whole "controversy" is media-created. Ignore it. Every one enjoy the holidays, be good to your neighbors, love your family, and get on with life.

Oh yeah. And have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:40 PM

622 posts, read 2,704,760 times
I would consider myself someone who sits on the extreme left side of the fence. But I agree with you- the whole political correctness thing has gotten way out of hand! ***** Happy Holidays. I am not religious, but that is what it means to alot of people, I don't find it offensive that people say merry christmas- why on earth would i? if the holiday is important to them because of their religion, then that is their own business. just like it is my own business to not believe in god.

and we should all be OK with that, should all be OK with what others might celebrate or not celebrate, believe or not believe, instead of trying to lump everything together in some unoffensive term and pretend that we are all the same.

(I work at at TV news station. believe me, yes- it is all media created. they are just afraid to get sued. its ridiculous).

we have to stop this "one size fits all" crap. its not promoting tolerance in the US, it is just making things worse. we have to learn that being a melting pot society does not mean that the pot should all melt together. tolerence does not mean pretending to be the same. tolerance means celebrating and each other's differences and allowing everyone to be themselves.

Merry Christmas!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,319,253 times
This country was founded on God, with the belief in God comes the faith in Christ (his son). Christmas is to celebrate Christ. So if you do not believe in Christmas, you do not believe in your country's foundation. I'm so sick of all this political correctness, it starts to become incorrect after awhile. And the a*sskissers are so desperate to keep "peace" between races, religion and everything else, that they're forgetting to keep peace between their own people. Hey, send me to jail, I don't care, I celebrate Christmas because it's about Jesus and it also is about watching my children learn that AND getting to simply be children at the same time as they open their gifts.

Why do people need to stir the pot with something new constantly? It's been too quiet lately, or they're bored of talking about Iraq, so hey, let's change Christmas. F U, I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics