U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 AM

25,770 posts, read 7,765,854 times
Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening?
Hmm maybe DVR it so I can scroll through.

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year?
No
Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win?

No
Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed?
Right to middle

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life?
A few some I'm sure I don't remember when I was a kid.

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite?
Yosemite

Just For Fun:

When was the last time you took a nap?
Oh a few weeks ago, in between weekend shifts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 AM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,109,660 times
Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? i do

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year? yes a few

Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win? tinker, tailor, soldier, spy - not up for best picture but I hope it wins some of the other categories.

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? right if my husband's there but after a while alone I start taking over the whole thing. In fairness, even when he's there I get right and center and he gets the left

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? oh gosh i dunno

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? volcanoes on Hawaii was phenomenal.

sometime this year.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM

15,509 posts, read 7,526,869 times
Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? Not if I can help it.

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year? dont think so

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? the right.

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? many

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? jefferson memorial.

Just For Fun:

When was the last time you took a nap? friday

Pistachios for all

Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 AM

13,114 posts, read 11,935,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Good Sunday morning, all! I hope your weekend is going well so far. We’re enjoying sunnier weather than usual for the Midwest at this time of year, though it has still been chilly. But I’d sooner have cold and bright than warm and grey, so this is just fine with me. And on this bright and beautiful Sunday, let’s take a few moments together to consider:

Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? Probably not. I'm getting to the point where the acceptance speeches and the agendas that go with it just annoy me anymore.

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year?Yes, two- Moneyball and Warhorse

Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win?Either of the above would be ok with me.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? right side

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? A dozen or so.

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? Probably Carlsbad Caverns in SE New Mexico though Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde are right up there as well.

Just For Fun:

When was the last time you took a nap? Um, how about yesterday?

Today In History:
1815 – Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba
1909 – Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, is first shown to the general public at the Palace Theatre in London
1919 – President Woodrow Wilson signs an Act of Congress establishing most of the Grand Canyon as a US National ParkRecommended!
1929 – President Calvin Coolidge signs an Executive Order establishing the 96,000 Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
1972 – A dam of coal-mine slurry fails in Buffalo Creek Hollow, Virginia, releasing a 30’ flood of black wastewater that kills 125 people and injures over 1,000
1991 – British computer programmer Tim Berners-Lee introduces WorldWideWeb, the world’s first web browser and WYSIWYG HTML editor
1993 – A truck bomb below the North Tower of the World Trade Center explodes, killing six people
1995 – Barings Bank, the UK’s oldest investment banking institute, collapses due to securities broker Nick Leeson’s unauthorized speculations in futures contracts on the Singapore International Monetary Exchange

Today’s Word:
McGuffin \mə gŭf ən\ noun
A film plot element that catches the viewers' attention or drives the plot; coined by Alfred Hitchcock

Today Is:
Thermos Bottle Day
Tell a Fairy Tale Day
National Pistachio Day
For Pete’s Sake Day
National Personal Chef’s Day
Academy Awards Day
Thanks MWB! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,232,506 times
Good Sunday morning, all! I hope your weekend is going well so far. We’re enjoying sunnier weather than usual for the Midwest at this time of year, though it has still been chilly. But I’d sooner have cold and bright than warm and grey, so this is just fine with me. And on this bright and beautiful Sunday, let’s take a few moments together to consider: Good Morning MWBW, and thank you for the QOTD.

Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? Probably not.
Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year? One
Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win? No, the only reason I may watch it, is to see what I should watch down the road

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? In the middle. It's mine, all mine.
Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? Probaly a dozen or so..

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? I love the International Peace Gardens, which symbolizes the friendship between our two countries. Beautiful spot. Banff is beautiful too.

Just For Fun:

When was the last time you took a nap? Yesterday afternoon to try to get rid of a headache...didn't work

Today In History:
1815 – Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba
1909 – Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, is first shown to the general public at the Palace Theatre in London
1919 – President Woodrow Wilson signs an Act of Congress establishing most of the Grand Canyon as a US National Park
1929 – President Calvin Coolidge signs an Executive Order establishing the 96,000 Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
1972 – A dam of coal-mine slurry fails in Buffalo Creek Hollow, Virginia, releasing a 30’ flood of black wastewater that kills 125 people and injures over 1,000
1991 – British computer programmer Tim Berners-Lee introduces WorldWideWeb, the world’s first web browser and WYSIWYG HTML editor
1993 – A truck bomb below the North Tower of the World Trade Center explodes, killing six people
1995 – Barings Bank, the UK’s oldest investment banking institute, collapses due to securities broker Nick Leeson’s unauthorized speculations in futures contracts on the Singapore International Monetary Exchange

Today’s Word:
McGuffin \mə gŭf ən\ noun
A film plot element that catches the viewers' attention or drives the plot; coined by Alfred Hitchcock

Today Is:
Thermos Bottle Day
Tell a Fairy Tale Day
National Pistachio Day
For Pete’s Sake Day
National Personal Chef’s Day What's that
Academy Awards Day

Have a peaceful and wonderful Sunday, folks.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM

42,666 posts, read 19,537,863 times
Today’s Question(s):

Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win? - I never gave a hoot about The Oscars or most of the movies that were in it. The only Oscar I've ever liked was the one called.. Oscar Meyer (maker of hot dogs) In fact he deserves every award there is!

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? - Hmmm.. I don't know.. I can't tell when I'm sleeping... I know I ended up on the floor (carpeted floor) a few times, on my left side of the bed.. I also know that I have the whole bed (Queen-Sized bed) to myself, maybe that'll change sometime in the near future... and no I'm not talking sharing the bed with a dog or a cat.. I'm talking about sharing it with a wife.

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? - Too many to count... I think 3 of them..

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? - The Grand Canyon, and the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

Just For Fun:

When was the last time you took a nap? - ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...

Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 AM

11,061 posts, read 9,350,410 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;23144467]Good Sunday morning, all! I hope your weekend is going well so far. We’re enjoying sunnier weather than usual for the Midwest at this time of year, though it has still been chilly. But I’d sooner have cold and bright than warm and grey, so this is just fine with me. And on this bright and beautiful Sunday, let’s take a few moments together to consider:

Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? No.

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year? No.

Do you have any particular favorite movies that you hope will win? No.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? Right-hand side.
Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? Three that I can think of off hand.

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? Grand Canyon.

Just For Fun:

Last year.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 AM

3,541 posts, read 1,590,468 times
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!!

Today’s Question(s):

Tonight is Oscars Night! Do you plan to watch the Academy Awards this evening? probably just the beginning for Billy Crystals monologue.

Have you seen any of the films that were nominated for awards this year? just one, The Help

no

Extra Credit Question:

Do you sleep on the left-hand or the right-hand side of the bed? left

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life? a few

Which National Park or Monument is your favorite? liked everything we saw in Washington D.C.

Just For Fun:

I don't nap. ever.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM

5,932 posts, read 6,643,319 times
Good morning to all!

Today’s Question(s):

No. I have no interest.

Not me.

I don't know anything about them. My DW & DD talk about Oscar movies, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah...

Extra Credit Question:

Looking from the foot of the bed, I'm on the right side.

Bonus Question:

How many National Parks and National Monuments have you visited so far in your life?
Wow, too many to count.

I think I enjoyed the Gateway Arch and the Statue of Liberty (in the old days) the most. It's not a monument, but I really enjoyed the White House tour we did back in early 1990's. Mrs Bush even waved to us!

Just For Fun:

Last evening! DS and I were out geocaching all day (26 finds) and I was tired out when we got home. So a little nap was in order.

Today Is:
Thermos Bottle Day
Tell a Fairy Tale Day
National Pistachio Day I raided DW's supply of pistachios last night!
For Pete’s Sake Day Is a tame version of what she said when she saw the pistachios were gone!
National Personal Chef’s Day We wish!!!
Academy Awards Day

Have a great Sunday to all! (It's now less than 2 hours till Daytona!!! I have to finish my chores and then I'm all in for the race!)

Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM

11,801 posts, read 10,348,966 times
Today’s Question(s):

No, but I'll probably catch a few minutes here and there while channel surfing.

Not a one.

Nope.

Extra Credit Question:

Right side looking from the head board.

Bonus Question:

13 parks and 15 monuments.

No real favorite, but I really like the ones in AZ, NM, CO and UT.

Just For Fun:

Maybe in Jan of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics