Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl?
By nature, I'm a night owl. I get that from my mom. My dad is an early bird, which some people seem to think is "better." Early to bed early to rise, and all that.

But if you sleep 8 hours, 4am to 12pm, how is that worse? Hours like that helped me to work night shifts when I was in my 20s.

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.?
Or is it the other way around?
You do what you gotta do for work, of course.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you ever wished upon a star? If so, do you still do it?
Naw, it's been a while. I'm willing to play along for kids' sake.

Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you?
I don't know. Better answered by those who really know me.

Today’s Word:
Conniption \ kuh-NIP-shuhn \ , noun;
1. A fit of hysterical excitement or anger.

Good word!

Great job, PatsCats!

Last edited by bjh; 03-21-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl? - I think my internal clock needs to have the battery replaced. - I have a Monday through Friday work schedule, from 9 till.. whenever, and I get up whenever I wake up.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you ever wished upon a star? If so, do you still do it? - Hmm.. I wished upon a bunch of stars..... but some of them are millions of light years away, so it might take a long time to get those wishes. - Seriously, as a Christian, I don't believe in wishing, I believe in praying.

Just for Fun:
What single word best describes you? - A Single word... Single (and available) Yeah I know, that's 3 words.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 03-21-2012 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 02:44 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,782 times
Late work start for me. Was out enjoying the weather.

Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):
Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl? Still very military. Up at the crack of dawn but asleep at around midnight. Although, I have real bad insomnia so I don't have a "set" schedule anymore.

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.? ? Worked great for my work. I used to work overnights so it was okay. Now, not so much.

Or is it the other way around? Everything else is still the same. I'll sleep some when people are at work and up and at 'em when they get off.

Bonus Question(s):
Yes and still do. A little wishing never hurts.

Just for Fun:
Eccentric.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Anyway...

Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):

Whether you go to work every day or not, what schedule is your natural internal clock on? Are you up with the sun, a second-shifter, or a night owl?
I'm a variable.

How has that effected your actual functioning schedule; work, retirement, social life, etc.?
I do what I have to do. I worked swing shift for some years.

Bonus Question(s):

It is possible.

Just for Fun:

An eccentric.

Today in History:

1851 Yosemite Valley discovered in California1891 A Hatfield marries a McCoy, ends long feud in West Virginia it started with an accusation of pig-stealing and lasted 20 years

1952 Alan Freed presents Moondog Coronation Ball at old Cleveland Arena, 25,000 attend 1st rock and roll concert ever

1961 Beatles' 1st appearance at the Cavern Club

1965 Martin Luther King, Jr. begins march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama

1971 Vermont seasonal snowfall totals 132.2"

1983 Only known typo on Time Magazine cover (control=contol), all recalled

1994 Wayne Gretzky ties Gordie Howe's NHL record of 801 goals

2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts

Today’s Word:

A fit of hysterical excitement or anger.

Today is:

First day of Aries

Memory Day

Naw-Ruz (Baha'i New Year)

UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination

Birthday - Johann Sebastian Bach (composer)

Canberra Day (Australia)

Noruz (Nauroze) [Iranian/Persian New Year]

Independence Day (Namibia)

Human Rights Day (South Africa)

Quote of the Day:

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. ~Austin Phelps~

Have a great day everyone!

And thanx for letting me try my hand at the QotD! I'll try to have it up around 6:00AM. H'm, I was on the road by 5 AM.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):

I'm all over the clock. I can be up till one and awake at six. I can go to bed at ten and sleep until ten.

It hasn't affected retirement as much as it has affected me because I was used to getting up at 7:00 at the latest every day. This is weird.

Bonus Question(s):

Yes. Yes.

Just for Fun:

Stubborn. Just ask Mrs. Tek.

Today in History:
1851 Yosemite Valley discovered in California1891 A Hatfield marries a McCoy, ends long feud in West Virginia it started with an accusation of pig-stealing and lasted 20 years
1952 Alan Freed presents Moondog Coronation Ball at old Cleveland Arena, 25,000 attend 1st rock and roll concert ever
1994 Wayne Gretzky ties Gordie Howe's NHL record of 801 goals
2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts

Today’s Word:

Today is:
First day of Aries
Memory Day
Naw-Ruz (Baha'i New Year)
UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
Birthday - Johann Sebastian Bach (composer)
Canberra Day (Australia)
Noruz (Nauroze) [Iranian/Persian New Year]
Independence Day (Namibia)
Human Rights Day (South Africa)

Quote of the Day:
Wear the old coat and buy the new book. ~Austin Phelps~

Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Question of the Day

Today’s Question(s):

I tend to stay awake later now, but I'm staying with a friend and her millions of dogs so I get woke up much earlier in the morning than I'd like or need to with my work schedule. Will be nice to get moved into my little casita.

Nothing a couple of cups of super strong coffee won't fix. One sip and I'm wired lol

Bonus Question(s):
Not since I was a kid. Do love going outside and seeing them.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
1851 Yosemite Valley discovered in California
1994 Wayne Gretzky ties Gordie Howe's NHL record of 801 goalsThe Great One!
2011 The first full face transplant is performed by surgeons at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts Remarkable surgery.

Today’s Word:

Great job, PatsCats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics