Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,053,827 times

Advertisements

I pretty much hated everyone I went to high school with and could care less about them then and even less now how they turned out. When you live in 15 different states by the time you are 15 years old, go to 4 grade schools and 3 high schools it is tough to form any sort of long lasting emotional attachment to people you can't stand as a human. Besides all of my friends were always much older than me chronologically and already out of high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,328,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I pretty much hated everyone I went to high school with and could care less about them then and even less now how they turned out. When you live in 15 different states by the time you are 15 years old, go to 4 grade schools and 3 high schools it is tough to form any sort of long lasting emotional attachment to people you can't stand as a human. Besides all of my friends were always much older than me chronologically and already out of high school.
same here. I kind of want to leave my hometown for a while becasue I do occasionally run into people from high school and it just pi*ses me off to see them. if I moved away at least I would more likely not see any of them.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM

866 posts, read 1,133,544 times
Sad to say, but I have no idea...left my home state when I turned 18 and joined the military
and never went back until I was well into my 30's...only lived there for 2 years then, and was busy
working, trying to stay alive so didn't bother looking up old classmates...probably saw some of them
around town but didn't recognize them...
funny, but I don't even wonder what happened to any of them...obviously, I wasn't part of the IN CROWD...no matter, I wish them well wherever they are...

Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,328,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
Sad to say, but I have no idea...left my home state when I turned 18 and joined the military
and never went back until I was well into my 30's...only lived there for 2 years then, and was busy
working, trying to stay alive so didn't bother looking up old classmates...probably saw some of them
around town but didn't recognize them...
funny, but I don't even wonder what happened to any of them...obviously, I wasn't part of the IN CROWD...no matter, I wish them well wherever they are...

many people have done the same.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,167,901 times
Most of my classmates, both above and below me, turned out quite well. (The ones I know about, anyway.) Most were able to go to college and had good careers until their retirements. I think that some of those that just dropped out of sight didn't do so well in life.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM

18,717 posts, read 30,992,912 times
Most of us were more or less cliches, but there were two kids in my class who had surprising futures.

The president of the Literary Club and the Chess Club became a bookie (and eventually went to jail).

And Mark Moreno surprised us all. He was a kid who was a slacker and didn't do much of anything, but it turned out to he was incredibly bright (I guess he was a slacker because he was so bored?). He ended up with an important position in a space program (I think at Nasa). He died tragically at a young age and there was a long story about him in the paper about a few ingenious things he had done in his career. Mark Moreno, who woulda thunk!

Oh, now that I think about it there was another kid with a surprise. A super Christian cheerleader who we all thought would raise 5 kids in suburbia ended up a lawyer who never married and who sells these mildly phallic sculptures online.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,793,625 times
Everyone in my class had to go into the witness protection program after the school building was burned down to the ground. No one has been heard of since. It was a small school in a small town many years ago.

However I had kept in contact with a few close friends most everyone turned out just as we would have expected,,,,, some lawyers, doctors, professional people, and a number of skilled tradesmen, most got married some didn't. None in jail or prison. It was a small class of 52 kids in a little town. Only a few remained there, most moved away.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 AM

23,130 posts, read 28,863,992 times
No curiosities whatsoever! Except for the fate of the Bullies who used to bully me! And if I wasn't so lazy, and checked every Department of Corrections website in all 50 states, I might find a couple of them!

If any found, an unsigned note will be sent:

"Lucky you! If I had only talked to that Judge of yours! Only 15 years for Assault & Battery? And being such a menace to our society?"

Never been to a high school reunion, ain't never ever gonna go!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-28-2012 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Add line

Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,393,082 times
One of my old school friends I ended up working with when I was 28 years old, had'nt seen anything of him before that. We became good friends again, he and his wife would come over to my house sometimes for a meal and drinks. Anyway, I ran into an old female school friend, and told him I'd seen her. He asked where, and I told him. Next thing I know, he was having an affair with her, and left his wife. Turned out they'd had a thing going as teenagers, and lost touch. After a while, it burned out, and he returned to his wife. I somehow, got the blame, and his wife ignored me in the street, and that was that!!!

Old 05-29-2019, 11:11 PM

6,342 posts, read 4,894,819 times
I grew up in an upper-middle-class, educated suburb with a big arts scene, so the life outcomes of the students there obviously skew above average.

Talking specifically about my own group of friends there, though:
- One does music production
- One is still in school and studying animation
- One works at Starbucks
- One was a lowlife stoner dropout for a while, but has gotten his act together and is studying anthropology now, I think he even has an internship in it
- One is also still in school and studying neuroscience
- One works at like a sports club, he's smart but I think developed some major anxiety/depression issues after we graduated that have held him back
- One I don't know what she's doing career-wise, but she just got married
- One does, like, anime cosplay design professionally
- A few I have no idea, we haven't kept in touch and they haven't logged into Facebook in years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics