Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you?
I like hanging out at the mall a lot with people. 1 1.56%
I like hanging out at the mall sometimes, alone or with others. 14 21.88%
I'm not a fan of going to the mall, with anyone or otherwise, but I'm okay with it (going with others).. 13 20.31%
I hate going to the mall. 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,011,888 times

Advertisements

Case in point? Last summer, I was sending my youngest to summer camp. I had a list of 6 or so items he needed, including a pair of swim trunks.

I took my son to Target. Walked in the door, pulled the stuff off the shelf, went to the boys' section, picked out a swimsuit for Nicholas, strolled to the cash register, checked out and we were back in the car -- in 15 minutes. Total expedition time: 40 minutes.

MrsCPG couldn't believe it. But I had everything on the checklist. It took longer to get there than it took to do the actual shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,287,895 times
NO.

For teenagers and women.

I usually have a list, and a visual, of what it is I need to buy. I only go when I need to. Additionally, I hate malls/mega-centers. I prefer the Nordstrom Rack, which is in a strip mall with parking in front, and the outlet mall, where I can hit a lot of stores at once, since about 3/4 of the stores inside a mall would be irrelevant to me.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 PM

391 posts, read 686,465 times
Yeah, I will hang out at the mall by myself.

I go during the off-peak hours specifically to avoid crowds.

I'll have a bite to eat at the food court. I find most of the food kiosks
have terrible food. In Canada I'll head for New York Fries, Jimmy the Greek
or perhaps the pizza place if there is one.

Down here in San Antonio I'll eat at Subway, Chick-A-Fil (chicken place) or
the pizza place at the mall.

Then I'll walk around and see what is going on and browse the store. I like
the mall compared to standalone stores because I can park the car and
browse many stores without having to drive to the next store. Certainly
very convenient during a Canadian winter... even convenient during a
hot Texas summer too.

There are times the mall drives me nuts... like when it is overrun with kids
and crowded.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM

30,707 posts, read 79,502,588 times
Where do I click for " woudl rather have my underwear filled with hot coals from the barbque while my worst enemy uses my back for a dartboard" ?

There are some things worse than going to the mall. A day at Disneyland for example.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,011,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Where do I click for " woudl rather have my underwear filled with hot coals from the barbque while my worst enemy uses my back for a dartboard" ?

There are some things worse than going to the mall. A day at Disneyland for example.
No. Anything but that. Being locked in a cage with annoyed wolverines. Boiling oil. Dinner with an actuarial.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,189,470 times
I just go to buy stuff and then leave.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,173,222 times
I don't go unless I have a good reason. "Good reasons" include:

Bookstore
Music Store
There with my little sisters
Helping a girl pick out undies from Frederick's/Victoria's Secret (best reason imo)

Most stuff I need, I just buy off the net.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,671,947 times
I came in here hoping for a Robin Sparkles thread. (season 1 or 2 of HIMYM)

Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,754,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
With friends, partners, spouses or whatever?

Or is it just a teenager thing?

I wonder how many people that are say 30-year olds like going to the mall?

Then again, during working hours, you do find seniors, sometimes married couples, sometimes not, sitting in the food court drinking coffee and chatting. You might also find young people there (perhaps those who have some time off class/work etc.), children with nannies, etc.
I like to go. It is not like I hang out there, but I have my shopping list, or window shopping list and I check it out. It probably helps that my favorit mall also has 2 tea shops (and I always need more tea) and a great chocolate shop with amazing hot chocolate. And ahi poke. So going to the mall is the perfect way to get all of my favorites.

Sadly, bookstores in the mall are going by the way of the dinosaur, and there is nothing I love more than browsing in the bookstore.

I only like to shop by myself. Way more efficient. I always have a list, and leave when I complete the list. I like to go window shopping or help friends shop. When I retire, I am absolutely going to be a personal shopper, I LOVE doing that. (And I am really good at it).

Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,636,857 times
Hate the mall but I dig Target!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics