Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,542,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Everything happens for a reason DallasKitty. I miss him like crazy but we had different paths to walk that led to different destinations.

Maybe next time.
I truly believe that! Here's a few lines of a poem I wrote:

~.....We've walked along this path once and parted
For a reason beyond us, yet upon acted

You'll meet again soon, a soothing voice sounded
Neither here nor there, but where you'll be bounded
And once again that beautiful tree will knowingly bend
To witness the meeting of souls with no beginning nor end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 07:06 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,234,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Everything happens for a reason DallasKitty. I miss him like crazy but we had different paths to walk that led to different destinations.

Maybe next time.
I believe that, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I truly believe that! Here's a few lines of a poem I wrote:

~.....We've walked along this path once and parted
For a reason beyond us, yet upon acted

You'll meet again soon, a soothing voice sounded
Neither here nor there, but where you'll be bounded
And once again that beautiful tree will knowingly bend
To witness the meeting of souls with no beginning nor end
Very very nice, Ans57.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:49 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,207,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I would like to see what it was like to go west on a wagon train.
Really, really bumpy and dusty.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 PM

8,800 posts, read 21,210,919 times
Originally Posted by Larksong

....not to mention what it was like going through the Sierra . Right on Route 80 on the way to Reno is Donner's Pass. Brrrrrr.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,207,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Originally Posted by Larksong

....not to mention what it was like going through the Sierra . Right on Route 80 on the way to Reno is Donner's Pass. Brrrrrr.
Never been over Donner Pass but I almost froze my butt off going over Raton Pass on the Colorado/New Mexico border.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM

27,249 posts, read 27,315,672 times
[Not sure Id want to go back, that could change everything that leads to how they are now.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,776,845 times
^^^ I'm with you, I want to go forward to see how things are and then return to "now" ,,,,, I'd like to see what lottery ticket numbers are on the winning ticket for Fridays drawing.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,974,007 times
The closest thing I have ever experienced to time travel was my boat trip to Glacier Bay. When you first enter Glacier Bay there are dense forests. As you head up the inlets certain types of trees disappear. Then all trees disappear leaving only bushes and smaller vegetation. Soon all that is left are small plants. As you get close to the glaciers all vegetation is gone leaving only barren ground.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:30 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,387,321 times
This is a fascinating subject I have thought about before. With this ability, it would be tempting to try and change past events. I would love to know just what happened that day in Dallas in 1963 when President Kennedy was shot. I don't think nowadays, many people believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone that day, or even if he was guilty at all. It would be tempting to stop it occurring. Maybe Vietnam would never have become a major war if President Kennedy had served two terms. We'll never know now, but what if we could change past events? It would be very difficut to resist.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,776,845 times
I’ve been in a time machine before. I walked into it on the first floor when it was empty and I was alone. Then pushed the button for the floor I want to get to and the next thing you know it stopped in-between at another unscheduled floor where everyone in the lobby area stepped in and pushed so many buttons the lights from the panel were blinding. By the time I got to the floor I wanted more than five minutes had passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics