Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

59,781 posts, read 30,208,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Today's Picture:
Felt like posting an ocean picture today. I took this one in Galveston in March 2010 from the balcony of a gift shop that is on a pier out over the water. It's nearly sunset and the moon is already out. This is facing kind of southeast so the sun is setting to your right. A ship is in the offing. It's that little blip on the horizon.

Nice pic. bjh. I see Galveston has been rebuilt since Hurricane Ike devastated it a few years ago. Wiped the beach area clean and destroyed the lower floors of the big Medical Center there. I don't know if it's at full operation again or not. I went to school there in the 1950's.
Galveston came back quickly. This picture was taken on a pier that had been rebuilt. Only thing not "fixed" that we saw during a quick weekend trip was the old Flagship Hotel, but someone told us the hotel was going to be removed and its pier converted into shops, restaurants, etc. Maybe someone in greater Houston could say whether or not that has happened. Yep, in 2008 Ike did some damage, but nothing like Katrina did in Louisiana and Mississippi in 2005. May we never see another hurricane that devastating again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 07:05 PM

581 posts, read 1,183,492 times
Today's Question:
What's your favorite morning beverage?Not gonna lie, a Diet Dr. Pepper usually.
What do you like to do while drinking it? Watch some sort of news program.

Bonus Question:
The huge, blockbuster movie Titanic is being re-released in 3D on Wednesday, April 4th.
Are you planning on seeing it?Nope
Why or why not? Already saw the original one. Best $5 nap I've ever bought.

Foodie Question:
What kind of pickles do you like?ALL OF THEM!! I love pickles and big brother pickle, cucumber.
Dill
Sweet
Sour
Bread 'n butter
Relishes
Other

Just for fun:
On TV or in books, who is your favorite detective?The lady from "murder she wrote"

Today’s Word: Knew this word because of my Marine dad.
off·ing  [aw-fing, of-ing] noun
the more distant part of the sea seen from the shore, beyond the anchoring ground.

Today's Picture: Going to Galveston/Houston next week! Can't wait!

Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM

72,329 posts, read 18,157,080 times
Today's Question:
What's your favorite morning beverage? Coffee

What do you like to do while drinking it?

Go to CD and do my Village Breakfast!

Bonus Question:
The huge, blockbuster movie Titanic is being re-released in 3D on Wednesday, April 4th.
Are you planning on seeing it?
Why or why not?
Maybe,It could be scary!

Foodie Question:
What kind of pickles do you like?
Dill
Sweet Yes!
Sour
Bread 'n butter
Relishes Yes!
Other

Just for fun:
On TV or in books, who is your favorite detective?
Columbo! I saw him and took a pic with him 30 years ago when I went to visit the set! he looks just like that!

Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,115,903 times
Hello Q folks!

Today's Question:
What's your favorite morning beverage? Coffee of course!
What do you like to do while drinking it? It depends.

Bonus Question:
Are you planning on seeing it? no!
Why or why not? I've seen it enough.

Foodie Question:
What kind of pickles do you like?
Dill
Sweet
Sour
Bread 'n butter
Relishes
Other

Just for fun:
On TV or in books, who is your favorite detective?
Nancy Drew in books, Columbo on TV.

Today Is:
Lemon Chiffon Cake Day
Mom and Pop Business Owner's Day
Pickle Day

Today's Picture:
Felt like posting an ocean picture today. I took this one in Galveston in March 2010 from the balcony of a gift shop that is on a pier out over the water. It's nearly sunset and the moon is already out. This is facing kind of southeast so the sun is setting to your right. A ship is in the offing. It's that little blip on the horizon.
[/quote]

Beautiful pic & great Q's today BJH!

Old 03-30-2012, 03:47 AM

591 posts, read 661,812 times
Good morning everyone. I like my coffee in the morning, a nice low cal breakfast and conversation. This is after my morning walk. Have a nice week-end. Ladybee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics