Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,210,146 times

Advertisements

Our finances are no where near where we want them, the house needs siding, our trucks should have been euthanized years ago and I need a new tractor.

BUT!

We have a large, loving family, a beautiful granddaughter, a great marriage, land to farm, a roof over our heads, a full pantry and freezer and our health.

Yep, i'd say we're pretty happy and rich with all the things that money can't buy.

Now, if I could just be taller and 20 years younger........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,139,965 times
Yeah not bad thanks. I'd give it a 7/10 atm.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM

7,333 posts, read 5,451,126 times
No.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,520,082 times
I'm very content and at-peace, but Happy?! Not yet.
I have hope in fact, expectation that geniune happiness is in my future. I can't be HAPPY yet because I am honestly soul-searching and determined to not be in denial of what I see about myself instead of just what's wrong with others, and the world.
This committment to honesty inside myself about myself....can't possibly give birth to happiness before a bit, or a lot more pain.

I have much to be thankful for, hence the contentment.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Not as much as I'd like to be ... It is difficult being alone and not being close to family. I'm a social person by nature and it's difficult coming home each evening to an empty home. I try to find as much joy and fun out of life as I can but lately, it's all been difficult.
I agree with you! I am the same way. I have been trying to see how it all begins with me, move out into the world and find what I need. BUT when my first need is a job, and have little money to do anything... it is hard!!

So, no.

I am trying to figure it out, see what I might do different.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 04-03-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I'm very content and at-peace, but Happy?! Not yet.
I have hope in fact, expectation that geniune happiness is in my future. I can't be HAPPY yet because I am honestly soul-searching and determined to not be in denial of what I see about myself instead of just what's wrong with others, and the world.
This committment to honesty inside myself about myself....can't possibly give birth to happiness before a bit, or a lot more pain.

I have much to be thankful for, hence the contentment.
Oh, this resonates. I can so relate. Thank you.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM

I am very glad that y'all, the two above have the internet and CD in-particular. Just reading you both and your soulful comments just reminded me that we don't have to just debate politics and current events at this vast site!

We can share with "kindred spirits" and keep each other company. We can be silly and have hilarity, and because the owners of this website, whomever they are thought to give us well, a smorgasborg? bord? LOL of subject choices we can actually have a fulfilling time of the internet here. Wow...and I do just get so wordy at times.

Bless you both a lot~

Old 04-03-2012, 07:22 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,865,978 times
I would say I am content. I have much to accomplish yet, but I am learning more everyday, about myself. I am trying to truly embrace the whole "life is a journey", and learning to accept what I cannot change, and changing what I can. I am a bit off from full self actualization (like quite a bit), but working on it!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 PM

Skye, the distance that you have to go on your journey does not matter. *(goes for all of us)
It only matters that you are ON this journey, and I do mean the one of "going within." Wow, just imagine how many folks don't yet see the value of doing-so. Then, pat yourself on the back for being so wise.

I'm in my mid-fifties and truly thankful for finally being on my way out of the "hypnosis of life."

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,126,587 times
I am thrilled with my life. Each day is a new adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics