Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,964,303 times

Advertisements

International Surf Day

The alternative.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,024,402 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain Depends on what type of mountain climbing you're talking about - walk up a trail, yes; rappel off a cliff, no
Jumped out of an airplane
White water rafted
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle) Never competed but when I was younger used to love riding go-carts.

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Don't think I've done anything that extreme, at least not what I would consider an extreme sport.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? A lot - my job is 100% online, I watch all of my shows via the internet, CD.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? During the week. I don't usually have to work weekends anymore.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)? Nope

If yes, tell us a little about him/her (as specific or non-specific as you want to be).

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? Usually around 5:30-6PM.

Today’s Word:

Zeitgeber / SAHYT-gey-ber \ , noun;
1. An environmental cue, as the length of daylight, that helps to regulate the cycles of an organism's biological clock.

Today Is:

Find a Rainbow Day
World Party Day
Pony Express Day
Don't go to Work unless it's fun Day
Betty Boop Day
International Surf Day

Thanks for QOTD Kobber. Hope everyone has a fab day

Old 04-03-2012, 06:50 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,429,534 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain
White water rafted
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle)

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Para-sailing.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? Probably like 8 hours a day or something, lol.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? Weekeend.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)? My mom. Don’t ask me who.

If yes, tell us a little about him/her (as specific or non-specific as you want to be). She isn’t Kim Kardashian famous, but she’s Gloria Steinem famous—very well known without her circle of people and her cause but not a celebrity TV figure or anything like that.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? [b]Which one? I usually eat around 4-5

Today’s Word:

1. An environmental cue, as the length of daylight, that helps to regulate the cycles of an organism's biological clock.

If you’ve ever lived in a basement, you know how important Zeitgeber is. At one point I was waking up at 3PM and going to bed at 7AM when I lived in a basement. (Being blind probably didn’t help either, lol. But even feeling the daylight/sunlight helps.)

Today Is:

Find a Rainbow Day
World Party Day
Pony Express Day
Betty Boop Day
International Surf Day

Enjoy your day folks! My school is honoring Sexual Assault Awareness Month by doing all kinds of events this week, and we’re branching it out to abuse in general.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:01 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,120,776 times
Good morning everyone!

Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain
White water rafted Kayaked, does that count?
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please!
Extreme babysitting! 2 of my Grands have been hell on wheels!!!

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? It used to be a lot more, now maybe an hour or two.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? Depends.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? 6 or 7-ish!

Today Is:

Find a Rainbow Day
World Party Day
Pony Express Day
Betty Boop Day
International Surf Day

Thanks for the Q's today Kobber, good job! Enjoy your day y'all!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,793,889 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain - Yes.
Jumped out of an airplane - Not unless they toss me out of the aircraft..
White water rafted - No.
Para-sailed - Yes.
Bungee jumped - No.
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle) - I've ridden a dirt bike but not in competition.

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! - Worked outside when it was above 105 degrees F in the summer.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? - I work in Information Technology so I have to have a computer with me.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? - See above answer.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? - Whenever I feel like it? Actually between 6:30 and 7:30 PM.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,331,271 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain Yes
Jumped out of an airplane No
White water rafted No
Para-sailed No
Bungee jumped No
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle) Woodwarding.....

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Drag Racing as a participant , Rodeo photography....

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? As in algebra there are variables.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? Depends

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)? Yes

If yes, tell us a little about him/her (as specific or non-specific as you want to be). All I know is that he was of royal blood and that he was out sowing wild oats.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? When I decide to.

Today in History:

1860 Pony Express began between St. Joseph Missouri and Sacramento California
1910 Highest mountain in North America, Alaska's Mount McKinley climbed
1913 British suffragette Emily Pankhurst sentenced to 3 years in jail
1933 First airplane flight over Mount Everest
1975 Bobby Fischer stripped of world chess title for refusing to defend it

Today’s Word:

1. An environmental cue, as the length of daylight, that helps to regulate the cycles of an organism's biological clock. Mine is out of kilter...

Today Is:

Find a Rainbow Day Not without rain...
World Party Day
Pony Express Day
Don't go to Work unless it's fun Day Work is a dirty word but someone has to do it.
Betty Boop Day
International Surf Day I'm visualizing JAWS....

Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 AM

47,935 posts, read 21,914,544 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain
White water rafted
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle) Nope!

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please!

I am not a risk taker and shun danger.....climbing mts in NH was my most extreme and adventurous activity.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? I plead the 5th!

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? During week.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)?

I have relatives who have been present while history was being made....but none were really famous.

If yes, tell us a little about him/her (as specific or non-specific as you want to be).

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal?

8 pm is our usual time.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,606,313 times
[quote=Kobber;23690619]Good morning everyone and welcome to today’s QOTD. Not feeling too inspired today, so I hope these questions ‘pass muster’!

Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain Do the red rocks in Sedona count?
White water rafted
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Four wheeling on an ATV.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer?10-12 hours a day.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? During the week.

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)?Some where along the line, I'm related to the makers of Spode China.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? Early, around 3 or 4 PM.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM

44,566 posts, read 61,338,989 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain...many of them.
Jumped out of an airplane...no way.
White water rafted...not yet.
Para-sailed...no not interested..
Bungee jumped...God forbid.
Competed in motor racing (car, kart, motorcycle)...yes many a time, even got a citation from the police once.

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Darts at the pub.

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? @6.

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? Same, we're an equal oportunity family here..

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)? Sam Malone, bartender on Cheers.

If yes, tell us a little about him/her (as specific or non-specific as you want to be). Watch ME-TV and you'll see.

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? 6:37-7:07

Tuesday, opthamologist time, enjoy your day, we'll see about mine...

Last edited by wit-nit; 04-03-2012 at 09:35 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM

604 posts, read 455,890 times
Good morning Everybody!

Today’s Question:

Have you ever…

Climbed a mountain
White water rafted
Para-sailed
Bungee jumped

What is the most ‘extreme’ sport or activity* you have ever undertaken? *PG13 please! Uhhhh, snowmobiling? That's not very extreme, though... at least not the way I did it!

Extra Credit Question:

How many hours per day (Monday-Friday) do you usually spend in front of a computer? probably 2 - 3

Do you spent more hours at the computer during the week, or at the weekend? definitely the weekend

Bonus Question:

Do you have a famous relative (past or present)? no

Just for Fun:

What time do you normally eat your evening meal? 4:30, before I have to go to stuupid work

Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for the questions, Kobber!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics