Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,208,769 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!
  • Today's Question(s):

Lets talk about cars/vehicles

How many vehicles reside at your home ?
    6 . 1 being restored, 2 Harleys, and old "beater" pickup, our car and Hubby's work truck (owned by them).

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? silver

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ?
  • Restored: my first car.
  • 2 Harleys = hers & his. As the saying goes, "If I have to expain, you wouldn't understand."
  • Car was a quick decision, not anything special but gets pretty good gas mileage.
  • And the work truck is a perk.

Inquiring Minds Question:

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? Our son's birthday is on Sunday so we will be with famly and friends. What is on the agenda has yet to be determined.

Bonus Question:
    It is Post It Notes Day !!!

Do you have Post it notes in your home ?
    Yes

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? Bright colors

Who in your home uses them the most ? Me

Extra Credit Question:
    and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ?
    It's been months.
    What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? Salsbury (sp?) Steak

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ? Weill, yeah.

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ?
    Yes. I had one not too long ago. Before that it had been many, many years.

Today in History:

1956 - Capitol Tower, the home of Capitol Records in Hollywood, CA, was dedicated. The building was the first circular office tower designed in America. It is 13 stories tall and 92 feet in diameter. At night, a light at the tip of the tower blinks the letters "H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D" in Morse Code. Cool!
    1980 - Post It Notes, introduced and people everywhere would now be lost without them!
Have a great weekend everyone..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,793,889 times
Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? - Oh... there are two that reside at my house, and one in the doghouse... - Actually, just 2.

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? - They're both dirt color.. mud and such... - Actually, the Nissan SUV is a bright yellow, and a Nissan Frontier truck that's cinnamom red.

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? - They were on sale?.... Actualy, no particular reason, other than Nissan's good reputation.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? - I'll be cooking breakfast.... does that count? Actually, we're going to have a family get-together on Easter Sunday.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? - They're somewhere.. I forgot where I posted them...

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? - They're yellow.. the last time I saw them..

Who in your home uses them the most ? - Nobody else but me..

Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? - Well... it's been so long... they were called Radio Dinners back then...

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? - I didn't really have a favorite...

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? - Out of a TV Dinner?

Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,268,094 times
Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? Six that are road legal and 2 that are ATV's......many of them are used for our business.

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? Mocha Steel Metallic

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? For my personal ones....style and preformance. The other vehicles have to be suitable for different jobs.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? Here at home. We celebrated with family last weekend.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? Of course.

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? Both....yellow and blue.

Who in your home uses them the most ? Hubby and I both use them.

Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? We don't do frozen processed dinners.

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ?

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ?

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? Yes, but it's been years since I've had one.

Today in History:
1889 - George Eastman places Kodak Camera on sale for 1st time
1927 - The Department of Commerce issued the first aviator’s license. William P. MacCracken, Jr. earned license number ‘1’
1930 - Hostess Twinkies invented by bakery executive James Dewar
1938 - Teflon invented by Roy J Plunkett
1954 - TV Dinner was 1st put on sale by Swanson and Sons
1956 - Capitol Tower, the home of Capitol Records in Hollywood, CA, was dedicated. The building was the first circular office tower designed in America. It is 13 stories tall and 92 feet in diameter. At night, a light at the tip of the tower blinks the letters "H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D" in Morse Code.
1980 - Post It Notes, introduced

Word of the Day:
canorous \ kuh-NOR-us; KAN-or-uhs \ , adjective;
1. Richly melodious; pleasant sounding; musical. Something my singing will never be.

Today is :
National Hoagie Day
National Caramel Popcorn Day I make very good homemade Carmel Corn at Christmas time!!
TV Dinner Day
Twinkies Day
Post It Notes Day
Jump Over things Day
Knock Your Socks Off Day I like good suprises!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,978,674 times
Today's Question(s):

A few

What color is the vehicle you drive most ?

Dark grey.

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ?
The Jeep was not a planned purchase. It just sorta happened. I was killing some time and decided to stop by the Jeep dealer and test drive a Wrangler. After driving it I no longer wanted a Wrangler. I also looked at the Liberty but was not interested in it. The salesman sensed he was not going to make a sale and planned his exit strategy so that he could find a customer more likely to buy a vehicle. As I was heading towards the door to leave another salesman asked me if I wanted to test drive a Grand Cherokee. 20 minutes later I was signing the dotted line.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ?
No special plans for this weekend. Have to work, so it will probably something quick and easy.

Bonus Question:

Why yes I do. They are posted all over the house.

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ?
Both.

Who in your home uses them the most ?
That would have to be me. The security moose does not have thumbs which makes it very hard for him to grab the post it notes. Fred has been missing in action as of late.

Extra Credit Question:

and TV Dinner Day

Are we talking the ones that had to be heated in the oven versus the new ones that can be microwaved? It as been at least 35 years since I heated a TV dinner in the oven. Probably has been most of a year since I nuked one.

No favorites

Always.

Just for Fun:

I have eaten a Twinkie or two in my time. Has been a long time as they just are not good enough to pay almost 2 bucks for.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 AM

7,333 posts, read 5,451,126 times
Happy TGIF!

Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? 2

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? black

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? good on gas mileage, not expensive car. Small-ish.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? I am cooking for everyone.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? yes

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? all colors

Who in your home uses them the most ? me. Leave messages for the DH.

Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? So long I can't remember.

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? mac and cheese

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ? of course

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? Oh, yes! Love Twinkies!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,969,538 times
Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? None for me although our complex is full of them

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? Orange (bus)

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? Don't drive, too expensive to own/operate one

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? I don't have any plans except Easter Service at church so it's all open.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? Several pads

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? They are promotional ones that I collected ... I rarely use them at home.

Who in your home uses them the most ? Me uses them more than myself and I

Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? Maybe last week when I had a three-course Marie Callendar's meal.

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? Can't think of one ... I usually go for the entrees versus the 3 or 4-course meal ones.

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ? No ...

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? Yes ... as a kid and those suckers are nasty

Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,312,178 times
Good morning!!!

How many vehicles reside at your home ? Four including a 4-wheeler and a tractor.

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? Khaki.

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? It was chosen to pull behind a motor home. Now it's only redeeming quality is it's 4-wheel drive.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? What's this weekend, lol? You know we don't do Holidays at my house I think steaks on the grill will be dinner.....and working on the shed during the day

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? No

and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? Wow..it's been years. The last frozen dinner I had was years ago and it was most likely a Smart Choice.

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? I think it was the Fried Chicken.

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ? I used to be tempted when I was a kid but I did save the best for last.

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? Of course...but I'd rather have a Devil Dog

Have a great weekend!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,493,796 times
Good Morning all...Happy Easter and a Blessed Passover to those who celebrate....for those worried about my Mom after my stick-shift story yesterday, yes, she has a wonderful sense of humor and luckily still thinks her four children are the funniest people on the planet She is shown no mercy when we all get together and she loves every moment of it.

Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? 2 cars, one motorcycle

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? Green

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? Brand name(Ford) Style (smaller SUV) and price. And I must say that it's a 2002 Ford Escape and it's been the best vehicle we've ever owned

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? I will be cooking tomorrow evening actually, to take to a family picnic on Sunday. We usually go to NC to visit the girls this weekend but early Monday doctor visits prevented the trip.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? No but lots on my desk at work.

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? Pretty colors please!

Who in your home uses them the most ? n/a

Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

When was the last time you had a OLD FASHION TV Dinner ? years and I hope never again.

What is your favorite old fashion TV Dinner ? The one someone else has to eat.

Did you ever eat the little brownie first ? Ok..so they have one redeeming value

Just for Fun:

Fess up Have you ever eaten a Twinkie ? I have! I've also had them fried and again dipped in chocolate.

No matter what you do...have a great weekend everyone!!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:45 AM

11,336 posts, read 9,225,414 times
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

I would like to wish all of our QOTD family Happy Easter and Happy Passover

Today's Question(s):

What color is the vehicle you drive most ?

Technically there are 4 vehicles here but I own and drive one. I have housemates but I do not see them often. I live alone in the lower level of a large townhouse

I have a red 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. I rented a Altima back is 2006 and I was very impressed on how the car handled when I had to swerve to avoid debris on a highway. I bought one shortly thereafter and upgraded it in 2009 because I wanted the CVT transmission. Also, I'm a fairly big guy and those cars are very comfortable and roomy.
I've had no problems with either Altima. They are great cars and fun to drive.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ?

I don't do religion or religious holiday's.

Quote:
Bonus Question:

As I mentioned I live alone. I use different colors of Post-It Notes.

Quote:
Extra Credit Question:
and TV Dinner Day

The last time I had an "Old fashion TV dinner" was over 30 years ago. I do not remember if it came with a brownie.

I like Amy's frozen dinners but I do not have them often, maybe once a month. My favorite is Indian Mattar Paneer which is curried peas, cheese, rice and chana masala.

Quote:
Just for Fun:

When I was a kid, yes. The last time I had one was over 30 years ago.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 AM

412 posts, read 677,746 times
Today's Question(s):

How many vehicles reside at your home ? One

What color is the vehicle you drive most ? Charcoal

What are some of the reasons you chose the vehicle(s) that reside at your home ? I had always wanted one since their release, and I bit the bullet and got the last one off the lot when they stopped making them. Only about 38,000 G8's were sold in the United States.

Will you be cooking this Holiday Weekend or will you be going to friends or family to celebrate ? I will be cooking for the family at my Parent's home.

Bonus Question:

Do you have Post it notes in your home ? Yes

Are they the plain yellow ones or the pastel colors ? I think they have some logo on them...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics