Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:30 AM

16,554 posts, read 17,325,077 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers and a Happy Easter to you all.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/Jezer57/EasterGreetings.jpg (broken link)

We have our American Happy Easter sign in the front garden and it looks lovely among the spring flowers (and rain ).

I've had some lovely Easter wishes from you peevers and that got me thinking about Easter cards and greetings cards in general.

It's lovely to receive them, but if you're not careful the cost can really add up, especially at Christmas. Oh, and the cost of stamps here in the UK is just about to go up by over a third!

So, whilst enjoying the day and having a great time, and I hope that you do, it is my duty to provide the POTD which is;

The cost of buying and sending greetings cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,018,165 times
Shocking how much cards and postage have gone up. Being so far from people, I've been sending e-cards for years.

Hope you and the family have a wonderful Easter

Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 AM

27,245 posts, read 27,309,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers and a Happy Easter to you all.

We have our American Happy Easter sign in the front garden and it looks lovely among the spring flowers (and rain ).

I've had some lovely Easter wishes from you peevers and that got me thinking about Easter cards and greetings cards in general.

It's lovely to receive them, but if you're not careful the cost can really add up, especially at Christmas. Oh, and the cost of stamps here in the UK is just about to go up by over a third!

So, whilst enjoying the day and having a great time, and I hope that you do, it is my duty to provide the POTD which is;

The cost of buying and sending greetings cards.

Its wierd how expensive cards are these days! Heck I was going to send flowers to my daughter a few months back and was at how expensive just a small bunch or generic flowers costed,....and then they couldnt even deliver the same day, like the ad said they would! So I cancelled the whole transaction.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:14 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,114,828 times
Thankfully we have a .99 section in most stores.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,384,651 times
As-you-say-Jezer,-stamps-are-increasing-to-I-think-60p-(first-class),-and-50p(second-class),-which-is-approx-90c-and-75c.-The-problem-is-of-course,-the-declining-levels-of-volume-in-mail.-This-will-have-a-drastic-effect-on-the-level-of-cards-sent-through-the-mail-this-coming-Christmas.-The-days-of-sending-out-a-hundred-cards-like-my-wife-does-will-end.-Royal-Mail-is-being-prepared-by-the-government-to-be-sold,-and-they're-trying-to-make-it-more-profitable.-When-you-add-the-ridiculous-price-of-various-cards-as-well-it-has-become-very-expensive.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,290,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Thankfully we have a .99 section in most stores.
They are 2/$1.00 at the Dollar Store

ww-I hear you. Flowers are outrageous. MY DH and I sent a smiley face flower arrangement to a friend going through rough times to cheer her up. It wasn't very big and it cost something like $75.00

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Last edited by ylisa7; 04-08-2012 at 09:35 AM..

Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,265,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

I buy all my cards (2/$1.00) at the Dollar Store. I usually buy them ahead of time......you never know when you are going to need a card.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,290,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
I buy all my cards (2/$1.00) at the Dollar Store. I usually buy them ahead of time......you never know when you are going to need a card.
Me too. I also buy the bulk boxed cards for birthdays

Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,232,707 times
Greeting cards are pricey and creating and printing your own at home cost even more with the price of printer ink! Sending greetings online cost much less these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
ww-I hear you. Flowers are outrageous. MY DH and LI sent a smiley face flower arrangement to a friend going through rough times to cheer her up. It wasn;t very big and it cost something like $75.00

Happy Easter everyone!!!
I never go to the Dollar stores but will definitely take a look at the greeting cards. Thanks for mentioning!

Happy Easter to everyone!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:19 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,767,949 times
I agree some of the prices on cards have gone up to the point of craziness however I too like the .99 cent cards just as well. They don’t always have the best of messages written in them however they do have something nice to say and it’s important to send cards to others.

Mrs. Aks says that “just when you think that you don’t need to send any card to that old aunt or uncle because they probably don’t remember you much anyway”; “you have to remember that your card may be the only card that they received.” You need to remember their birthday or special event, not everyone else will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics