Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:37 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,781,671 times

Advertisements

With real kindness it does not matter much to me if people are not kind...It does make me wonder what makes selfish people tick? It is the doing of kindness that brings satisfaction...and a good feeling...actually being kind is kind of selfish...maybe the selfish people have not figured this out..that the most selfish act is being kind to others...More selfish people should give it a try...It's a drug worth being addicted to...everyone benefits from kindness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,796,183 times
When I’m out at my favorite coffee shop after reading the newspaper I’ll give it or leave it to someone else to enjoy.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,641,560 times
I saved someones life who drank pesticide. She wanted to commit suicide but was grateful later.

I saved my sister from downing once. Made my mothers day.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,268,094 times
When grocery shopping I observed an older woman looking at cases of soda......I could tell she wanted one but knew she wouldn't be able to lift it into her cart. I asked if she needed help and she did. I loaded it for her and often wondered if she carried them in one at a time when she got home.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 PM

18,936 posts, read 11,543,792 times
A man I see sometimes when I go to my radiation treatments gave me a hug today

Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
Donated our SUV to a charity..and dont care about the tax deduction.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
A man I see sometimes when I go to my radiation treatments gave me a hug today
Human touch and love will keep you alive..There was this little Greek guy pacing around a building for the poor and down trodden...he wailing this death chant for days and days..They said he head cancer and was dying...He was a man who was always bright and smiling...

I talked to him...touched him when I saw him...cared about him...loved him....and I felt so sad...I said to myself "wish I was a Jesus and could heal this poor man....

Well it looks like we can all be a little JESUS...Like a miracle this sick man recovered...and smiles again and when he sees me - in his broken English all he says is hello and "you are a good man"....I feel that I had a little part in this miracle...that if the person knows that JUST one person cares...It is enough to sustain their life.......I send you a hug also...and a kiss...Who ever you are out there remember....some loves you...some one cares enought to have faith that you will be well.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,254,644 times
Yes, he was nice to day to someone else and I said

"he is so kind"....

Then I said

" a good boy and a bad girl"

and lost my hope...

Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Death can sometimes be a choice..to give up and go....kindness is powerful...If a person in need of love and kindness figures out that ONE person cares if they live or die..that is a great help to the afflicted...never give up hope....It cost you nothing to send a bit of life force along to the next person in the form of kindness...it's easy....more people should do it...If we all did this...this world would return to what it once was ---heaven on earth.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,119,370 times
There is the sweetest little girl that lives across the street from me. For Christmas she left a box of dog biscuits, wrapped in dog paw print paper, on my front porch for my dogs. The other day I heard a little knock at the door and it was her and she gave me a little plastic baggy with one frosted cookie in it and I asked her if she made these today and if she was selling them. She said, "No, we made them yesterday, this is just the last one and I wanted you to have it." I'm not sure she is even in 1st grade, but she is the smartest and kindest little girl I have ever known.

I work with a dog rescue organization and several Christmases ago a woman approached me at one of our adoption events and she had a small boy with her. He was given Christmas money every year and she told me that he decided he wanted to buy a toy for every dog in the adoption program. I almost shed a tear it was so sweet and unselfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics