Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,214,019 times

Advertisements

Aks, we did save a few cookies for friends. Which flavor(s) would you like?

Spoiler
There's: Mandarin & marmalade, lemon choc. chip, oatmeal scotchies, white chip orange, malted milk, polka dot, and double choc. dreams

I'll be delivering them in a couple of hours. We didn't open windows last night, so there's a lovely reminder of our efforts wafting thru the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,793,625 times
^^^ I love oatmeal & raisin Always enjoy the smell of fresh baking in the home.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:42 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,236,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^ I love oatmeal & raisin Always enjoy the smell of fresh baking in the home.
Me, too! Too bad I don't bake.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 PM

I'll tell you a little secret...hubby's the baker; I'm the cleaner!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 PM

^^^

And so the truth comes out!

Old 04-21-2012, 01:33 PM

Sssshhhh...don't tell anybody, ok?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:01 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,138,047 times
I've done something nice, and had something nice happen to me.

What I did, I didn't think anything of and did without hesitation, but in the end realized how much it meant to the people. Last summer I was at a local "carnival" with my nephews. We got on a ride and I took a "car" with my little nephew while my older nephew took a one for himself (not a car so much, but think of the teacups on the Teacup Ride). The 2 boys, maybe 8-11 y/o, had walked in the gate ahead of us, but suddenly I saw them walking around the attendant telling them "first on the next ride" - they couldn't find an empty car. Without thinking about it, I told the attendent to bring them back and I called to my older nephew to give them his car and come sit with us. The boys were SO thrilled to make it on that turn of the ride.

While waiting for the attendant to check and secure all cars, I noticed a woman walk up to the fence near our car (we were way in the back, so she had to walk around) - the boys mother. She told me thank you so much for that and how kind it was of me and how much they appreciated it.

It made me happy to realize how happy I had made them. I wasn't looking to be patted on the back, I only did what I thought was right. But it sure brightened my day.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,138,047 times
Then last Christmas Eve I had shopped in the morning and then stopped at the drive thru to grab some breakfast. When I got up to the window the guy handed me my food and told me it was free, the car ahead of me paid. I was dumbfounded and couldn't believe how nice it was of them.

I was so touched, and I turned around and paid for the car behind me.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 PM

I’ve never seen so many helpful sales people in the retail stores the last couple of days. Seems that they actually know “how” to help without being a pest or pain in the butt. We’ve found more items that would not have been purchased if it hadn’t been for these helpful employees. It’s a tough job working retail with customers however these employees were great!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,236,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Then last Christmas Eve I had shopped in the morning and then stopped at the drive thru to grab some breakfast. When I got up to the window the guy handed me my food and told me it was free, the car ahead of me paid. I was dumbfounded and couldn't believe how nice it was of them.

I was so touched, and I turned around and paid for the car behind me.
Hey, that sounds like fun! I don't eat fast food stuff but occasionally get french fries from Mickey D's if I'm running errands and hungry. It's not Christmas but I think I will do that next time anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics