Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,250,138 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
Who has had the longest marriage of any couple you know?

What's their secret?
Seems like those who are also friends last the longest.

Who has had the briefest marriage?

Bonus Question:
Do you look forward to swimming or other water fun during warmer months? Yes, I like water fun.

Foodie Question:
How do you want your grilled cheese sandwich?
With dill pickle slices

Just for fun:
What kinds of fish or other aquarium pets have you kept?
If you haven't, what home acquarium critters have you seen?
I had two gold fish in the 50s.

Today in History:
1606 England adopted the Union Jack flag
1770 The Townsend Acts, partly designed to raise taxes in the British colonies of North America, were repealed
1844 Texas became a U.S. territory
1857 Gustave Flaubert's novel Madame Bovary published in Paris
1861 Fort Sumter, South Carolina shelled by the Confederacy, thus starting the US Civil War Boo Hiss.
1911 1st non-stop London-Paris flight by Pierre Prier in 3 hours and 56 minutes
1927 General Chiang Kai-shek began a counter revolution in Shanghai against communists
1961 Russian Yuri Gagarin became 1st person to orbit Earth in Vostok 1
I remember that
1981 Maiden voyage of space shuttle Columbia

Today’s Word:
cairn·gorm [kairn-gawrm] noun
smoky quartz ~ also called Cairngorm stone
Origin: 1785–95 ~stone from Scottish mountain so named

Today Is:
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
Licorice Day Yummy yum yum
Look Up at the Sky Day
Space Flight Day
Teen Literature Day
Walk on Your Wild Side Day Oh no, that means I have to go to the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM

604 posts, read 455,925 times
Good afternoon...

Today's Question:
Who has had the longest marriage of any couple you know? went to a 50th party last summer... friends of the family
What's their secret? I think THEIR secret is they're never together, lol!

Who has had the briefest marriage? GG and I have been married for a month... and we're still happy.

Bonus Question:
Do you look forward to swimming or other water fun during warmer months? Well, I'm not much for swimming, but I am certainly looking forward to summer!

Foodie Question:
How do you want your grilled cheese sandwich? just plain, lightly toasted

Just for fun:
What kinds of fish or other aquarium pets have you kept? my sister had an aquarium when we were growing up... mostly guppies and all the usual fish

Have a great day... yay, tomorrow's Friday!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM

24,337 posts, read 25,851,992 times
Today's Question:
The Super Chief and I are going on 55 years......I think.

What's their secret?
We are still trying to figure it out.

Britny and Jason-55 hours.

Bonus Question:
Do you look forward to swimming or other water fun during warmer months?
Nope, no longer on my things to do list.

Foodie Question:
Crispy brown with a thin slice of ham, thin slice of onion and maybe some bacon. A dill pickle and tomato soup on the side.

Just for fun:
We had a 55 ga salt water tank with sea horses, small crabs, anenomes and a bunch of other fish whose names escape me. Frankly it was a PITA to keep up.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,005,142 times
Today's Question:
My great aunt and uncle. They were married for about 65 years before my great uncle passed away.

What's their secret? I think they just simply liked each other a lot and respected each other.

A friend of mine. I think the marriage lasted about a year, maybe a little less than a year.

Bonus Question:

Oh yeah! Even though I don't get to go very often, I love to go swimming. I also enjoy boating and many other summer activities, cooking out, etc.

Foodie Question:

Cheese only, nothing extra.

Just for fun:
What kinds of fish or other aquarium pets have you kept? I had a goldfish in a fish bowl one time, when I was a kid.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times
Bonus Question:
Do you look forward to swimming or other water fun during warmer months? - I use my portable/mobile swimming pool..

Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM

8,804 posts, read 21,223,252 times
Today's Question:

I think it was my Aunt Ruth & Uncle Walter ( over sixty years) . They were each others' best friends & Uncle Walter would spend a lot of his time searching for the perfect gift for my aunt. One was an ornament that played "Tea for Two" . their favorite song back in the day.

I am trying to think of who had the briefest marriage. Probably my friends Irene and Ira who were sweethearts in Junior High & went together forever, but only stayed married for about three months. I am not sure what happened.

Bonus Question:

It is never warm enough here on the Central Coast to actually go into the Pacific without a wetsuit. That is why the wetsuit was invented right here where I live. Unlike the warm Atlantic, the Pacific Ocean at this lattitude is really freezing even in mid-summer.

Foodie Question:

Just plain on white toast. I do not think I have had a really good grilled cheese sandwich since Woolworth's closed, though. You just made me hungry for one.

Just for fun:

I haven't ever had fish, except Frank the goldfish when my son was very small. My son, though, had beta fish that lived for about four years and went all the way from Boston to San Francisco and back . Amina and Jezabelle and he insisted that they recognized him and came when he called.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 04-12-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM

47,935 posts, read 21,918,859 times
A couple was being interviewed on their 65th wedding anniversary.
The interviewer congratulated the sweet old lady.....and said....."Oh my 65 years....that is amazing. In all those years did you ever consider divorce?"

The old lady smiled and said...."Not once in all those years did I ever consider divorce.... murder-- many many times but never divorce!"

Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,779,686 times
hello.... long time no see

Today's Question:
Who has had the longest marriage of any couple you know? I guess my folks were married about 62 years.. not sure of any longer than that

What's their secret? no secret.. or maybe it's still a secret

Who has had the briefest marriage? I had a former brother-in -law, his 2nd marriage lasted about 2 weeks

Bonus Question:
Do you look forward to swimming or other water fun during warmer months? not as much as the warm weather

Foodie Question:
How do you want your grilled cheese sandwich? with fresh sliced tomato and a little ground pepper

Just for fun:
What kinds of fish or other aquarium pets have you kept? out door fish pond years back had some pretty koi

Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,254,740 times
Today's Question:
What's their secret?

Grandparets, lets see how my math works... About 78 years... They fought a lot, there was jealousy and drama but they made it work anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics