Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM

11,337 posts, read 9,226,797 times

Advertisements

Good Morning everyone and happy Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday the 13th Friday

We have had 3 days of absolutely magnificent weather highs have been in the low 70's

After so many days near 90 in March this is sooo nice !!!
Now if we could get rain it would be perfect

So before I head outside to enjoy this weather let me ask

Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ?

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ?
Underwear only. I'm sure I never did anything else like that before.

Bonus Question:

Quote:
How many Bathrobes do you own ?

Are they short or long ?

Do any of your Bathrobes have a hood ?

lol anyone else wonder why they put hoods on Bathrobes ?
I never saw a bathrobe with a hood on it.

As far as owning one, does a "Snuggie" count? If so that would be one. A relative gave me one as a present 2 years ago and I love it!

Extra Credit Question:

Quote:
Anyone still need to get their taxes done ?
LOL, too funny! I was just on my way out the door to pick up a Federal tax form from the library. I always do mine on paper and at the last minute. I should come close to breaking even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times
Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ? - Hmm.. I put everything on backwards... I guess it's a style to have the back pockets on my pants be in the front, but it's tough to reach the zipper when it's on the back...

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ? - All of my socks are different colors.. I need to learn how to use the bleach correctly..

Bonus Question:

How many Bathrobes do you own ? - I have one.. but I only use it as a towel when all my regular towels are dirty..

Are they short or long ? - I've never heard of a short robe..

lol anyone else wonder why they put hoods on Bathrobes ? - Hmm.. yeah I pop the hood open on my robe.. I need to check the oil and other fluids in my head.. I think I'm low on anti-freeze....

Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,645,759 times
Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ?
With my mind I consider myself lucky if I have all my cloths on so I don't worry about how it looks.

Bonus Question:

Two

Are they short or long ?
Long

NO

For those quick trips from the hot tub to the house in January

Extra Credit Question:

Mine were filed in early Feb. Time for my yearly suggestion to the post office. Charge people an extra $50 to postmark their return after normal closing time. You have had 2 1/2 months to get it done. Why should the rest of us have to help pay post office employees overtime to give you another 7 hrs.

Today in History:
1742 - George Frederic Handel's "Messiah" performed for 1st time
1796 - 1st elephant arrives in U.S. from India
1902 - J C Penney opens his 1st store in Kemmerer, Wyoming, and according to their current advertising campaign have been overcharging us until recently.

1943 - The Thomas Jefferson Memorial was dedicated in Washington, DC
1954 - Hank Aaron debuted with the Milwaukee Braves. In his first ever major-league baseball game
1957 - Due to lack of funds, Saturday mail delivery in U.S. is temp halted. See my comment on paying employees overtime for the convience of lazy taxpayers

Word of the Day:
praxis \ PRAK-sis \ , noun;
1. A set of examples for practice.
2. Convention, habit, or custom.
3.Practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.

Today is:
National Peach Cobbler Day
Scrabble Day
Plant Appreciation Day
International Moment Of Laughter Day
Blame Someone Else Day[/quote]

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM

44,292 posts, read 19,960,112 times
Today's Question(s):
lol Fess up!!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards? Yes, once or twice, many years ago.
How about wearing either different color shoes or socks? Yes. I've worn a navy sock and a black sock once or twice.

Bonus Question:
How many bathrobes do you own? One.
Are they short or long? It's knee length.
Do any of your bathrobes have a hood? Nope.
lol Anyone else wonder why they put hoods on bathrobes ? Nope. I assume it's to keep a chill off when one's fresh out of the shower and to just generally be warmer.

Extra Credit Question:
Anyone still need to get their taxes done? Not I. I filed mined on January 28. Got my refunds on 2/2 and 2/3.

Today in History:
1742 - George Frederic Handel's "Messiah" performed for 1st time One of my favorite works to listen to and to sing.
1796 - 1st elephant arrives in U.S. from India They should've left it and all elephants in their native lands.
1902 - J C Penney opens his 1st store in Kemmerer, Wyoming Wyoming? Now, that's a surprise. I think their corporate office is presently TX.
1943 - The Thomas Jefferson Memorial was dedicated in Washington, DC Beautiful. I'd love to see it in person sometime.
1954 - Hank Aaron debuted with the Milwaukee Braves. In his first ever major-league baseball game One of the all-time greats.
1957 - Due to lack of funds, Saturday mail delivery in U.S. is temp halted Why the heck haven't they returned to that plan in recent years?

Word of the Day:
3. Practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.
It's my praxis to practice music frequently.

Today is:
National Peach Cobbler Day Yum! I'll take mine warm with vanilla ice cream on top, please.
Scrabble Day One of my favorite games!
Plant Appreciation Day I love plants! I have a lot of potted plants in my office and my home.
International Moment Of Laughter Day We all need more moments of laughter. Ahahahahahahahahaha!
Blame Someone Else Day I won't do this unless it truly is someone else's fault. Even then, I hesitate to pass blame.

Have a fantastic Friday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-13-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 AM

27,264 posts, read 27,328,562 times
Lol I do that all the time, either backwwards or inside out!
And yes Ive worn mismatched shoes on crazy shoe day at work.
I dont own a bathrobe, if someone doesn't wanna see me all dis shevled first thing in the morning then close your eyes!
Oh I can think of a hundred people to blame at work, for certain thing, but will keep my mouth shut.
Happy Friday everyone.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,607,482 times
[quote=KwaK;23840513]Good morning everyone

We have had 3 days of absolutely magnificent weather highs have been in the low 70's

After so many days near 90 in March this is sooo nice !!!
Now if we could get rain it would be perfect

So before I head outside to enjoy this weather let me ask

[b]Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ? Maybe a sock.

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ? Sock yes, shoe never.

Bonus Question:

How many Bathrobes do you own ? One.

Are they short or long ? Long.

Do any of your Bathrobes have a hood ? No.

lol anyone else wonder why they put hoods on Bathrobes ? Is it because thugs need to bathe?

Extra Credit Question:

Anyone still need to get their taxes done ? Finished!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 04-13-2012 at 08:44 AM..

Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM

18,936 posts, read 11,545,230 times
lol fess up !!

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ? oh hell, that I did on purpose

How many Bathrobes do you own ? just the one I stole from my husband

Are they short or long ? it's too big for me but it's supposed to be a knee length

Do any of your Bathrobes have a hood ? no

lol anyone else wonder why they put hoods on Bathrobes ? no, i get it - especially for shared bathrooms in dorm hallways - a hood is good bad hair cammo!

Anyone still need to get their taxes done ? ours are done

Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM

412 posts, read 677,856 times
Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ? It happens on occasion. Usually after a night of partying hard.

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ? Not this.

Bonus Question:

How many Bathrobes do you own ? zero

Are they short or long ?

Extra Credit Question:

Anyone still need to get their taxes done ? I just finished up 2009 after spending 45 minutes on hold with the IRS... so at this rate I'll have this past year done when I'm 32. Owning a business is fun.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,430,601 times
Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!
Have you ever left the house wearing a article of clothing either inside out or on backwards ? I’ve shown up to a job interview with my dress on inside out. Lol.

How about wearing either different color shoes or socks ? Socks, yes. Shoes, no.

Bonus Question:

How many Bathrobes do you own ? One.

Are they short or long ? Knee-length.

Do any of your Bathrobes have a hood ? Yes, it’s a must!

lol anyone else wonder why they put hoods on Bathrobes ? I love it because it helps me block out the light. I sleep in my bathrobe and put the hood over my eyes. And when I’m at home and don’t feel like wearing glasses, I put the hood over my eyes too. (My eyes are incredibly light sensitive.)

Extra Credit Question:

Anyone still need to get their taxes done ? Nope.

Word of the Day:
3.Practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.

Oh, that’s what that word means! I’m so used to hearing it in the context of standardized exams but never really knew what it meant.

Today is:
Scrabble Day
Plant Appreciation Day
International Moment Of Laughter Day
Blame Someone Else Day Lol.

Enjoy your day folks!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,800,147 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday!!!

Today's Question(s):

lol fess up !!

I was halfway to a [fairly significant] film audition when I realized that my shirt was on inside-out. I thought about changing ON the bus, but didn't want to scar the other passengers for life. When I arrived at the audition, I told the director about my shirt -- we laughed and then I went to the restroom and turned it rightside out. (Yeah, I got the part! )

I've done that a couple times, but always deliberately.

Bonus Question:

Just one old ratty, but well-loved, one.

Are they short or long ?

It's below the knee, soooooo ..... mid-length?

No!

They're OK for little kids (to keep them warm after a bath), but not for adults.

Extra Credit Question:

Mine are [mostly] done, I just need to [electronically] file them this weekend.

Word of the Day:

Also Teacher Competency exams!!!

Today is:
Not a fan.
Scrabble Day Love that game!
Plant Appreciation Day I do appreciate them -- I just can't grow them ...
International Moment Of Laughter Day My whole life is a joke, so someone is always having a moment of laughter -- usually at my expense.
Blame Someone Else Day I always do.

Thanks for the questions -- have a great day, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics