Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,696,940 times

Advertisements

Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card? That would be never.

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census) Yep, I did, but they don't have it indexed by name yet....and I didn't want to waste that much time looking.

Question #3: Are you grateful that Income Taxes aren't due until the 17th?
Nope...they've been done since the end of February and got spent on property taxes! They went right from one government organization to another! Isn't that great!?

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? Why yes I have! I actually worked at a Wendy's restaurant about 30 years ago and loved it!

Question #5: Ever know anyone who has entered in the Boston Marathon?
Oh gosh no....not to the best of my knowledge.

Today is:
Income Tax Day-Taxing our income is ridiculous!
McDonald's Day-Mmmm french fries
Take a Wild Guess Day- Ummm I don't know...really
That Sucks Day-Yes...yes it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,607,482 times
[quote=GarlicGuy;23865829]Hope you all don't mind an early start to... (I'll sleep in a little bit)

Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card? I don't drink so it's been a while.

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census) no, was I supposed to?

Question #3: Are you grateful that Income Taxes aren't due until the 17th? They are completed, I just have to sign on the dotted line.

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? Yes.

Question #5: Ever know anyone who has entered in the Boston Marathon? No.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,590,340 times
Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card?
Funny you should ask, I just lost my debit card last week, got the new one in the mail day before yesterday

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census)
No I haven't but I will

Doesn't matter to me either way because I don't have to file

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?
Yes I worked at Hardee's, it was one of my first jobs

Nope sure haven't

Today is:
Income Tax Day................
McDonald's Day................love their dollar menu
Take a Wild Guess Day......
That Sucks Day................it sure does

Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 AM

4,037 posts, read 2,897,342 times
Gorgeous day -- sunny and in the mid-70s -- in the NV desert today.

Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card? Several years ago, the ATM ate my debit card.

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census) No, because I had no relatives in the US in the 1940s.

Question #3: Are you grateful that Income Taxes aren't due until the 17th? Makes no difference to me this year.

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? Not me, but both my kids did.

Question #5: Ever know anyone who has entered in the Boston Marathon? Yes.

Happy Sunday everyone, and thanks for the questions GG!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,800,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Hope you all don't mind an early start to... (I'll sleep in a little bit)
Happy Sunday!

Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card?

<*whispering so as not to taunt the plastic card gods*>

I've only lost a card once -- I forgot to take it out of an ATM machine and by the time I remembered, it had been sucked back inside and confiscated, so I had to get it replaced. That was around 2001.

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census)

I have, and found that one family member wasn't where he was "supposed" to be. My older brother has since tracked him down to a different location. I'm looking forward to all the names being indexed and online -- that'll make searching a LOT easier.

I finished and filed mine yesterday (yay!), so I would have been OK with the regular deadline.

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?

I actually have not. I did work in the dorm kitchen my first year of college, and I [very briefly] worked at a bread store, but that's the extent of my food service career.

Can't think of anyone.

Today is:
Income Tax Day

McDonald's Day
Take a Wild Guess Day
That Sucks Day

Thanks for the questions -- have a great day, all!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:49 AM

24,337 posts, read 25,851,992 times
Fortunately, never.

Yes we have. But we will wait until they have it better indexed before we look into it deeper. We have a account with Ancestry.

Nah.

No, but I did a short stint at a family owned burger joint.

Nope.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:35 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,295,426 times
Happy Sunday to allyall

Today's Question: When was the last time misplaced your credit/debt card? Daily

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census) ?????

Question #3: Are you grateful that Income Taxes aren't due until the 17th? N/A

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? YEP Yep YEP!

Question #5: Ever know anyone who has entered in the Boston Marathon? NOPE!

Love and Peace

Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM

428 posts, read 899,116 times
Today's Question: When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card? Not in the last 3 years... I once reported my debit card lost and then found it 2 hours later in the jeans I wore the night before that sucked... Had to wait 7-10 business days for a new one

Question #2: Have you checked out the 1940 census online since it became available this month? (Welcome - 1940 Census) Yeah

Already done, filed, and return spent LOL

Question #4: It's been a while since I asked this and plenty of newbies here, Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? nope

nope

Today is:
Income Tax Day
McDonald's Day
Take a Wild Guess Day
That Sucks Day

Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 PM

8,804 posts, read 21,223,252 times
Today's Question: thanks, Garlic Guy

When was the last time you lost or misplaced your credit/debt card?

My wallet with my credit card was stolen in Paris. When they tell you to watch out for pickpockets , they are not kidding. What a mess!

I did try to check on my new house (near Boston) to see who had lived there then, but the paper I saw did not seem to have the same numbers of the houses.

No. mine were already done. My son is probably glad , though. His are much more complicated than mine.

No, I haven't.

My son has and lots of his friends belong to a running group so probably all of them enter. Is that today?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-15-2012, 02:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,556,566 times

Not that long. Walgreens put it in the bag with the meds (drive through) and when I got home I forgot to tell Mrs. Tek. It got left in the bag).

I did and got tired of trying to find anything. I remember there some zone code or some thing that seemed to require an address and I kept thinking, "Why would some necessarily know the address?" I have no clue what my parents address was in a940 and anyone old enough to remember is either gone or won't be able to remember.

I gave up.

Doesn't matter to us. Done and done.

In the mid sixties I worked the grill at a Red Barn In Minneapolis. Crap job, but free food.

Nope.

Today is:
Income Tax Day
McDonald's Day
Take a Wild Guess Day
That Sucks Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics