Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM

44,291 posts, read 19,957,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I need to do that to ours. One of these days...

Those storms passed through here, too. There were tornadoes south of us. Some damage, no deaths, some injuries. Our power went out (Our power NEVER goes out!), and we received 2 3/4" of rain.

That was one heck of a storm!
Wow, that IS a lot of rain! Glad you came through the storm unscathed, Tek.

Now it's time to clean up that shower head. Mine really does look and work like new, and it's actually 22 years old!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,793,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Yay! Congrats on your new digs in Panama, Joy!

It's possible that vinegar would work as well as the Lime Away if the shower head is left immersed in it for several hours. I just happened to have some Lime Away on hand so used that.

I think your right that the vinegar would have worked if left overnight or for several hours............. but it got cleaned and that's the important thing. Our faucets here are always getting the calcium buildup on them, and we use the vinegar overnight. Then brush them off with an old toothbrush in the morning. So far the dentist says they get a perfect checkup again. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,925,624 times
Love Lime away! We have really hard water and get build up all the time. Vinegar is great when you have the time but Lime away works much quicker.

Great tip!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 AM

19,148 posts, read 16,545,970 times
Great tip, Pam!

And for shower heads that are stationary, you can pour vinegar or lime away in a plastic bag and secure it around the shower head with a rubber band. Let the head soak in the bag overnight, then brush it clean as Pam did with the detachable head. A lot easier than removing the head to clean it.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,294,407 times
great tip... I like that lime away

Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,793,889 times
Good tip Pamela, but one more important tip that also has to do with showers.... Stay out of the shower during thunderstorms... It can get a little.. electrifying.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM

114,841 posts, read 65,605,695 times
We've had no luck with Lime Away... This stuff is the best we've found! It's much more powerful than Lime Away. Discovered it recently..they have some in a red bottle too or maybe that's Clorox cleaner.. Don't let the name Toilet Bowl cleaner worry you.

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/produ...Rust%20Remover

Mars has great ideas we do that as well. Some Aerators I remove and soak in a small jar of Lysol Power Cleaner.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Great tip, Pam!

And for shower heads that are stationary, you can pour vinegar or lime away in a plastic bag and secure it around the shower head with a rubber band. Let the head soak in the bag overnight, then brush it clean as Pam did with the detachable head. A lot easier than removing the head to clean it.
Great bonus Tip, Mars! I love that about this forum ~ everyone is so helpful.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Good tip Pamela, but one more important tip that also has to do with showers.... Stay out of the shower during thunderstorms... It can get a little.. electrifying.

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZAP!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM

114,841 posts, read 65,605,695 times
In fact the water is so hard in Texas and the new faucets are so low flow it's hopeless. We need a steady flow of lime remover hooked into our systems. The Aerator on our new kitchen sink faucets stops up in a week. Save and repair your old faucets the new ones are crap! Oh and thanks Pam! Hope you try the Lysol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics