Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:36 PM

54,482 posts, read 33,793,889 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

About how many postage stamps do you keep on hand? - Oh.. I keep plenty of them, they're called "I pay my bills online" stamps.. - Seriously, around 5 to 10.

How many postage stamps do you use in a month? - I use one every 3 months. I use most stamps around Christmas when I mail out cards.

Bonus Question:

Do you know anyone you’d describe as the jealous type? - I knew one a couple of decades ago, and no she wasn't my girlfriend.

How do they show their jealousy? - By cussing at her husband (now ex-husband) like a sailor..

Ok, ‘fess up time – have you ever been jealous?
Tell us about it! - I think all of us have experienced jealousy for one reason or another, but as a Christian, that word is not in my vocabulary now, nor would I give anyone a reason to get jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:06 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,311,551 times
I've really been enjoying all the stories folks have shared today about the escapades of people who most might think should be sitting in a rocking chair instead of driving race cars, going boating, running marathons (barefoot!) and so on. It's exciting and reassuring to hear so many tales of people who refused to let their age get in the way of what they wanted out of life.

My mom, who died on her 68th birthday after living fully with cancer for 7 1/2 years, exemplified the kind of "senior citizen" (and I use the term very loosely indeed) I hope to be some day. She lived over three times longer than all the oncologists estimated she'd survive, and throughout her years with cancer, she traveled alone, criss-crossing the US, Mexico and South America and visiting every single National park and forest she could manage. She took a trip down the Amazon River to study freshwater dolphins, and less than a year before her death, she was traveling aboard a Russian research vessel in the Antarctic, studying the flora and fauna of the region.

She was a spirited, enthusiastic, strong-willed woman with a laugh that rang out like a great bell, and she touched countless lives during her all-too-short span on Earth. I consciously channel her every day, and the best I can hope for myself is that as I grow older, I also grow to be more and more like her with every passing day.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,422,932 times
Today’s Question(s):

About how many postage stamps do you keep on hand? 1 page or less

How many postage stamps do you use in a month? About 6-8.

Do you snail-mail birthday cards and anniversary greetings, or do you send email or electronic greeting cards? I snail mail cards.

Bonus Question:

Do you know anyone you’d describe as the jealous type? I think we all have some jealousy within us at times.

How do they show their jealousy?

Ok, ‘fess up time – have you ever been jealous? Yes.

Tell us about it! If I think my boyfriend/husband is looking at other women, or talks about old girlfriends I get a tinge of jealousy.

Extra Credit Question:

What is the most unusual thing you’ve known someone to do at an advanced age? Not recongnize family.

What unusual thing would you like to do in your old age? NOT be senile.

Just for Fun:

In honor of “Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day,” do you go to bed wearing:
Pajamas? Yep.
Nightgown?
Underwear?
Same clothes you wore all day?
Other???

If you “had” to wear your pajamas to work, do you have a set that you could wear in public? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics