Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,233,838 times

Advertisements

That is especially aggravating when working with a deadline and you just lost a long creative paragraph. The refurbished desktop PC I'm using has a quirk that makes everything disappear if I happen to touch the A when aiming for the S for save. It doesn't just highlight everything as an "all" select. Poof! Blank cell (in Excel) is what I have. Sometimes undo brings it back and sometimes not. That's when I say "sh*t! p*ss! f*** and d*mn! The only time I'm inspired to use the F word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,296,455 times
Knock on wood....I haven't had those problems since switching to a Mac

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM

27,249 posts, read 27,314,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Know the feeling?

Old 04-18-2012, 02:39 PM

16,562 posts, read 17,330,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

We're wondering whether to go that route later in the year.

This peeve does seem to have hit a nerve with some of you, and I can understand why!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,116,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
We're wondering whether to go that route later in the year.

This peeve does seem to have hit a nerve with some of you, and I can understand why!
Do it Jeze, you'll be glad you did!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,158,743 times
I hate it when I mess something up.........most times a restore fixes the problem.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 PM

44,278 posts, read 19,938,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

If you're anything like me you can find your way round a computer, but if somehow you hit the wrong key or combination of keys, things can go a bit haywire!

There are times I wonder what the heck I've done and a default I've used in the past is to switch the thing down and start again.

How about you? Well we're about to find out because the POTD is;

Screwing up the computer and not knowing how to get out of it.
The slightest PC problem upsets me to no end. I've gotten better at fixing some little things, but I still get frustrated right away, which only complicates things further. If I calm down and methodically go over stuff, it usually works out. Now, if I could just develop more patience....... Perhaps if I take my own advice from the April 19th "Today's Tip" which I just posted......

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 AM

16,562 posts, read 17,330,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
The slightest PC problem upsets me to no end. I've gotten better at fixing some little things, but I still get frustrated right away, which only complicates things further. If I calm down and methodically go over stuff, it usually works out. Now, if I could just develop more patience....... Perhaps if I take my own advice from the April 19th "Today's Tip" which I just posted......

Just off to have a look at it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics