Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 AM

8,392 posts, read 3,475,220 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do you like "Scary" Movies ?
No, not at all.

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ?
I don't recall ever going to the movies to see a scary film. I only see those that are on TV (for the two minutes it takes me to know I don't want to watch it)!

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ?
I probably wouldn't walk out... would just doze off!

Extra Credit Question:

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ?
No thanks!

Bonus Question:

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ?
Today. I want to repaint a couple of my bathroom cupboards - sounds quick and easy, but by the time I have emptied all the drawers, brought cupboards and drawers out to the painting area, washed them all down with sugar soap, sanded them back... fossicked in the shed for rollers and brushes. Yes, it's a project!

Just for Fun:

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ?
^^^ Painting!!

Thanks Karla.

Happy Friday to all.

Last edited by Kobber; 04-20-2012 at 06:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 AM

37,755 posts, read 40,844,087 times
Today's Question(s):

Yes!

The original 1956 "Invasion of The Body Snatchers" and "The Grudge."

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ?

No.

Extra Credit Question:

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ?

I "throw like a girl" so I'd rather drop the puck.

Bonus Question:

Last week.

Just for Fun:

I may go for a long ride. Depends on the weather.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,308,210 times
Happy Friday!!!

Do you like "Scary" Movies ? I liked them a lot when I was acid...not so much anymore.

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ? Hmm...not sure if any really scared me although I do remember being nervous about getting into the shower "after" I saw Psycho

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ? No....but I have fallen asleep because a movie was too boring, lol.

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ? No thank you....I'll pass on the chance to someone who would enjoy it.

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ? Almost daily, lol Right now DH and I are on hold because we may take a road trip...so no "new" projects allowed But when we get back The worst and hardest one will be building a terraced garden on our hill and building stairs down to the house. I am not looking forward to it

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ? My stepdaughter is picking me up today and we are going to the school and the garden center. It's time to buy our plants for our gardens Tomorrow I get my strawberry plants form the 4-H club. Sunday is a day for me and hubby. We may go to town and have lunch....no really Oh yeah....and I get to plan a road trip

Have a wonderful weekend

Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,587,805 times
Today's Question(s):

Not really

Not sure, maybe the "Saw" movies

No

Extra Credit Question:

Sure why not

Bonus Question:

Everything I touch lately turns into a project

Just for Fun:

Oh I don't know, nothing much

Today is:

National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day.........yum
Get to Know Your Customer Day......................I have customers?
Cuckoo Day.................................................. ...yep that's me
Make A Quilt Day..............................................wish I knew how
Look Alike Day.................................................: think:
Volunteer Recognition Day................................
Safety Match Day.............................................

Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 AM

16,897 posts, read 16,036,459 times
Today's Question(s): Hi everybody!

~ Yeah. Scary movies. Like Ghosts, hauntings, aliens, etc.. Sick-o murder movies and all that stuff isn't scary movies, it's sick garbage and should be banned.

~ Pee Wee's Big Adventure

~ Nope. But I fell asleep at StarWars.

Extra Credit Question:
I will buy Chinese buffet! Yayyyy!

~ Oh, yes! I'd throw it out alright! Right in the garbage can!

Bonus Question:

~ When I had to get up off the couch to get the hot sauce last night, for my buttered rice that I had with my breaded pork loin chops.

Just for Fun:

~ Sit. Eat all I can. Drink. Sleep.

No history! No stupid word!

Today is:

National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day ~ This sucks.
Get to Know Your Customer Day ~ This really sucks.
Cuckoo Day ~ I was up on an extension ladder, painting a house one day, and a yellow-billed cuckoo suddenly hit the wall up above me and it fell down into my face. True little story. (Oh, that's such a gem, roosty; such a gem, aye....'tis)
Make A Quilt Day ~ Go make your own friggin quilt, buttwipe.
Look Alike Day ~ Patty Duke was a hottie.
Volunteers Day ~ That's a Jefferson Airplane album.
Safety Match Day ~ Screw that! Gimme some wax-dipped strike-anywhere wooden matches any day!

There, is that crabby enough for ya? ....

*** Have a wonderful weekend, folks...and thanks for the QOTD, KarlaKwaks...and for not making us all wait until practically lunchtime to get it done....

LMAO.....just kidding!...........geez........

Last edited by rainroosty; 04-20-2012 at 06:43 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,649,317 times
[quote=KwaK;23943723]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

I can't believe how fast this week has gone and that it is Friday already.
One day left to get work stuff done so I can have a relaxing weekend

Today's Question(s):

Do you like "Scary" Movies ? Yes and No. If it's a slasher movie then forget about...I won't watch it.

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ? The Exorcist and Night Of The Living Dead are the first two I can think of off the top of my head.

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ? No, don't go to the movies very often.

Extra Credit Question:

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ? Hockey, yes.

Bonus Question:

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ? Don't get me started...been waiting for a project to be completed since last year but hubby keeps putting it off!

Just for Fun:

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ?It's gonna be a wash out here so nothing fun planned.

Today in History:

1841 - 1st detective story (Poe's "Murders in Rue Morgue") published
1853 - Harriet Tubman starts Underground Railroad
1865 - Safety matches were first advertised this day.
1912 - Fenway Park officially opens
1940 - 1st electron microscope demonstrated (RCA), Philadelphia, Pa
1972 - Apollo 16's Young and Duke land on Moon with Boeing Lunar Rover #2
1981 - Final performance of TV show "Soap" airs

Word of the Day:
agrestic \uh-GRES-tik\ , adjective;
1. Pertaining to fields or the country; rural; rustic.

Today is:

National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day
Get to Know Your Customer Day
Cuckoo Day - I'm a little cuckoo every day.
Make A Quilt Day
Look Alike Day
Volunteer Recognition Day
Safety Match Day

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:30 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,966,794 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you like "Scary" Movies ? Nope

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ? Nightmare on Elm Street LOL!

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ? Nope ... I never paid to watch any scary movies.

Extra Credit Question:

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ? Nope.

Bonus Question:

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ? Cleaning my apartment is always a project. Oh ... Maybe it was when I offered to help a friend with her resume, cover letter. It was harder than I thought.

Just for Fun:

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ? Returning some clothes and having a nice day out on Saturday at the mall area.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,254,503 times
[quote=KwaK;23943723]

Today's Question(s):

No

Yes

Just for Fun:

Yes

Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 AM

7,331 posts, read 5,449,358 times
TGIF! I can't wait until this day is over and the weekend starts! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Today's Question(s):

Do you like "Scary" Movies ? NO

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ? The Excorsist

Have you ever walked out of a movie because it scared/freaked you out too much ? No

Extra Credit Question:

If given the chance,would you like to throw out the first ball or handle the tip off for a ball game or hockey game ? neither

Bonus Question:

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ? Probably something at work

Just for Fun:

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ? I am going to Chicago to visit my kids and grandson!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,790,448 times
Before I post my message, I'd like to make a mention of yesterday's Questions Of The Day, the part where BJH asked about if you've ever been called to serve as juror, LOL.. I got home yesterday and guess what I found in the mail box... LOL.. Yep, you guessed it.. Jury Summons... I've only gotten 2 others in my entire life, talk about timing!

Today's Question(s):

Do you like "Scary" Movies ? - Eh.. not really, I think the scariest part are the movie ticket prices and what you pay for the stuff at the concessions stand....

What was the scariest movie(s) you have seen ? - Hmmm.. I think it's called A Politician Making A Promise..

Bonus Question:

Last time you said to yourself "Uh oh this is going to become a "project" ? - Hmm... everytime I clean the house..

Just for Fun:

What fun and exciting things do you have planned for this weekend ? - Clean the house...

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 04-20-2012 at 07:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics