Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?

Ummmm...never. I live in an apartment complex and have through my adult life. If something goes wrong I call maintenance. If a plumber is needed, they call them.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?

I had a Commodore 64 in the 80s. I got what is more like the modern day PC in 1996.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain?

3 - mailbox, door, car

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis?

All of them. That's why I only have 3.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project?

Ummm...never (apartment complex living) unless you count buying new furniture which I did when I moved 5 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,200 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?
I haven't had to call a plumber in a very long time. So long that I can't remember what for.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?
1995-ish. I bought an old one from a friend who was upgrading. Turns out it was pretty useless for Internet access, but it was okay for word processing. Didn't get a fully functional one until '99.

Bonus Question:

Way too many to be good on the ignition!

Just 2.

Just for Fun:

Oh dear, that bathroom I haven't finished yet, that I started in August of last year!

Today in History:

1833 Patent granted for first soda fountain
1865 Fire alarm and police telegraph system put into operation in San Francisco
1908 Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Murdock become 1st to travel across U.S. by car, they leave Los Angeles in a Packard and arrive in New York City in 32d-5h-25m
1969 Paul McCartney says there is no truth to rumors he is dead
1981 IBM-PC computer introduced
1990 West and East Germany agree to merge currency and economies on July 1st

Today’s Word
:

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.

Today Is:

National Teach Your Children to Save Day
Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day

Have a great day everyone!
Thanx for the Qs Kobber!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? About a month ago, BOTH toilets had leaks! I think they were plotting against me. Kind of crappy of a toilet to do that, don't you think? lol

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? Probably early 90s

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 9 or 10 I think

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? About 4

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? Last fall when we put a flower bed in the front yard.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Today’s Question:
Today is National Plumbers’ Day.
When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?
Years ago to unclog a drain.

Extra Credit Question :
The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981.
How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?
I was a kid in 1981. I bought my own first PC in the early 90s.

Bonus Question:
Nine.
Seven.

Today Is:
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day

Why would anyone put a pig in a blanket?

Last edited by bjh; 04-24-2012 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Good morning, Kobber, and thanks for the questions today! I'm sorry you're dealing with bureaucracy and paperwork, and I hope you prevail quickly. Good luck!

Today’s Question:

Hmm, let's see. I think it was when we had a new faucet put in the bathtub. That was a couple of years ago.

Extra Credit Question :

We got a used Mac in about 1988 or so, and got our first actual new computer in about 1990.

Bonus Question:

Oh, let's see. House key, garage door key, key to my car, key to spouse's car, key to the clay studio - that's five.

All of them.

Just for Fun:

We don't do that kind of thing very often; probably the last time was when we put up new curtains in the living room about a year and a half ago.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Good morning everyone

Today’s Question:

Hubby does the plumbing, and he put a new toilet in one of the bathrooms a few months back!

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? 19 years.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 2

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 2

Just for Fun! :

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? It's been a while, but it was painting kitchen, dining/living room.

Today Is:

Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day

Thanks for the Q's today Kobber. Y'all have a good one

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 04-24-2012 at 05:45 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Today’s Question:

Oh it's been a long time and I hope it will be a long time from now. I guess it was when my house was built in 2008 to hook everything up.
Extra Credit Question :

1993 I think!! Used one at work in 1989!

Bonus Question:

1 just the car key!
I use to carry all of them but there was no point. I enter and exit through the garage and it also has a remote entry if my clicker ever stops working!!

Just for Fun:

I moved stuff around in the office and living room a couple of months ago.

Today in History:

1833 Patent granted for first soda fountain
1865 Fire alarm and police telegraph system put into operation in San Francisco
1908 Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Murdock become 1st to travel across U.S. by car, they leave Los Angeles in a Packard and arrive in New York City in 32d-5h-25m
1969 Paul McCartney says there is no truth to rumors he is dead
1981 IBM-PC computer introduced
1990 West and East Germany agree to merge currency and economies on July 1st

Today’s Word:

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.
What? really? Never heard of this word!! I farded this morning

Today Is:

Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day~~ No crack

Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Good morning all!

Today’s Question:

We've been fighting slow drains off and on for years...after 4 plumbers we finally got the city to actually take a look and found that it was their pipes...not ours! After a 10 year battle and hundreds of our dollars keeping our drains flowing, they fixed it!

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? Our 1st computer was in 1998.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 2

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 2

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? Our bathroom, I got rid of the pink roses much to my hubby's delight!

Today Is:

National Teach Your Children to Save Day-I wish my parents had done this!
Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day yum!
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day Thank goodness someone's willing to do this!

Have a great day eveyone!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? To install a new wall heater.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? 1995 but I did not actually use it until 1997 (long story)

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? Two lonely keys

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? Both of them - House key and mailbox key

Just for Fun:

Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning!! Kobber good luck with your plans.

Today is National Plumbers’ Day.

When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? We had to call a plumber about 1 1/2 years ago to clean out the clean out pipe in FL. I've been using septic safe Scott toilet paper for years. Well that week Charmin was on sale and I thought...maybe I'm overreacting about the septic safe TP so I bought Charmin Within a week the house got clogged up and the drains all back up. I will never again buy TP if it is not septic safe It was a costly lesson

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981.

How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? I think it was in 1990 but I never really started using a computer at home until I started using the internet in 1998.

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 5

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? The only one I rarely use is the 4-wheeler key. I use the house key, Jeep key, building key, and gate keys all the time.

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? I don't decorate, lol. Hubby and I just did some landscaping and also built a big shed. Ooh on Saturday we built an enclosure with a roof for our firewood. That turned out to be quite a little project

Have a fantastic day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics