Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 AM

18,936 posts, read 11,545,230 times

Advertisements

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them2 to undertake? this year - for a building thing, not our place.

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 5

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 2 every day, the others regularly as in about a week each month

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? the hallway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,430,601 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? Fixing the leak in the shower.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? 1999, I think. Before that we shared a family computer.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? I don’t have a keychain.

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? I don’t use a key for anything. Our house doesn’t have a key (you enter a code instead) and I take the metro, so no car keys.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? My dad is getting the kitchen renovated now.

Today’s Word:

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.

That’s such a strange word. Sounds German or something.

Today Is:

National Teach Your Children to Save Day
Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day

Enjoy your day, folks! I’m handing in my final research paper today! Whew!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,866,773 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? An ex BIL was a plumber & did anything needed..... Then when the house was renovated a plumber did a lot of work, but the contractor hired him. So, not sure I've ever called a plumber.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? I've never bought a computer. The school has always given me one to use because of all the paperwork I do. The first one they gave me... hm. I know it was sometime in the '80s because my daughters were young.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? I have a few key chains. One with just a car key, one with store discount cards and a couple keys to my daughter's house and a friend's house, and another with various keys.... house, car, school, a couple skeleton keys to my family home..... that's five and I know there's more. Must be that there's more than are used if I can't think what they are.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? I will be painting the upstairs bathroom this week.... I think..... unless I can find some way to avoid it. I hate painting.

Second day of vacation. Today I will buy some flowers to plant at my grandparent's headstone. There are also some discount stores I'll visit & maybe a couple antique places as well. (See how well I'm doing with avoiding the painting!) Have a good day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 04-24-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM

16,899 posts, read 16,044,735 times
Today’s Question: Yayyyyy! It's Kobber's day! Hi everybody!

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?

~ Years ago. I decided to fix the pipes in the kitchen - after having a bunch of beers........at night! It turned out to be like a Three Stooges episode, with water gushing all over the place. I had to get an emergency visit by a plumber! He saved the day and I tipped him $40.

Extra Credit Question : Yayyyy! I will buy....ummmm....maybe a Slim Jim!

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?

~ 1988. I had an XT 8086 and a XT 8088. I got to be real good with DOS and had so much fun! Back in those days you could dial with your modem and connect with other computers and their bulletin boards. At that time Delphi was the best place to do the stuff that we do here on City Data.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain?

~ 3.

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis?

~ 2.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project?

~ I painted a wall in my living room.

Today Is
:

Pigs-in-a-blanket Day ~ Yayyy!
National Puppetry Day ~ Me and Taigagirl have sock puppets together!
Plumbers’ Day ~ Jake Plummer sucks.

*** HappyWishes and miracles and good eats to you all! ***

Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 AM

7,316 posts, read 2,731,279 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?
Last year to clean out the main line.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?
20+ years

Bonus Question:

Just for Fun:

I put in a new sink and faucet in the kitchen and new faucets in the bathroom a few years ago. Soon, I will be pulling up my carpet and laying wood flooring.

Hope you all have a great day!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,025,057 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? I'm not sure I ever have.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? Think it was around '91 or '92.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 1. I so don't miss the huge, heavy one I used to have to carry around

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? All of them it's the key to my front door.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? It's been quite a while. Haven't owned in about 8 or so years.

Thanks Kobber. Have a great day everyone.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,339,784 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? Just a few weeks ago to replace the shut off valve on the side of the house. It was a soldered copper valve. Out of my league.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? I bought an Apple IIC in about 5 years later.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? Which Ring? More than I have time to count.

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? Depends on which city I'm in.

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? Tiling the bath about two years ago.

Today in History:

1833 Patent granted for first soda fountain
1865 Fire alarm and police telegraph system put into operation in San Francisco
1908 Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Murdock become 1st to travel across U.S. by car, they leave Los Angeles in a Packard and arrive in New York City in 32d-5h-25m
1969 Paul McCartney says there is no truth to rumors he is dead
1981 IBM-PC computer introduced
1990 West and East Germany agree to merge currency and economies on July 1st

Today’s Word
:

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics. That's just one letter off.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.

Today Is:

National Teach Your Children to Save Day
Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day

Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,512,553 times
Morning, All. Kobber, thanks for hosting TQOTD! LFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to Tuesday's QOTD. I spent a substantial portion of the day at the local Council offices, trying to lodge plans to convert my garage to a usable room. It’s back to the drawing board on the plans, and an armful of application papers to complete.

Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. [b]When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?

DH is my plumber man and I call him to do tasks routinely, but I think the last actual plumbing detail he did was on his own dime -- I only heard a lot of swearing as he ran downstairs and back into the bathroom with a plunger.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? 1990, soon after we both returned to school to complete our degrees. IT was necessary!

Bonus Question:
Car fob, house key, and bike lock key
House key. The Nissan doesn't require me to use a key, and I don't actually know where my bike lock is, now.

Just for Fun:
DH does "flips" as his business, so technically he goes from one project to another. The last one here at home was Spring 2011.

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.
Farding is totally over-rated.

Today Is: Your day to make a difference.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM

7,333 posts, read 5,451,945 times
Happy Tuesday everyone. I have a day off and of course it looks like it's going to rain, figures!

Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? never. Husband knows how to fix those problems.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? Don't remember, I think late 90's.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 2

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 2

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? new windows and painted trim around windows and doorways.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:33 AM

44,292 posts, read 19,960,112 times
Today’s Question:
Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? About 3-4 years ago; I bought a new water heater. My old one, which still worked, was installed in 1957! *lol*

Extra Credit Question :
The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? I bought my first PC for home in early March, 1998.

Bonus Question:
How many keys do you have on your key chain? I have 3 key chains. Two of them I use frequently, and each of those has 3 keys on it.

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? Five: my car key; my front door key for home; key to my office building; key to my office; master key to my church.

Just for Fun:
What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? I have several projects to do which I keep putting off for lack of time. I can't remember the last time I actually accomplished something major along those lines.

Today’s Word:
Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.
2. First mass-produced automobile.

Today Is:
National Teach Your Children to Save Day Now there's an excellent idea. However, the parents need to learn first. I know a lot of parents who are clueless about this.
Genocide Remembrance Day :cry:
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day Yummy! (When I was growing up, my mom called stuffed cabbage Pigs in a Blanket.) Gee, now I'm in the mood to make some!
National Puppetry Day I'm not real crazy about puppets.
Plumbers’ Day Sometimes necessary!

Happy Tuesday, kids!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-24-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics