Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber
Extra Credit Question :
The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?
LOL.. some of you might have seen this....

Bill Gates - Windows 98 crashing on live TV! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,005,142 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?

A few days ago. I had a clog in the line going out from the main bathroom in my house. They "snaked" out the clog...lol.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home?

Mid 90's or so. It was relatively new but an outdated model the day I bought it.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? Eight

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis?

Four

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project?

I had the exterior of my house re-painted last summer.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,612,410 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake?
Don't recall ever calling one,,,

Extra Credit Question :

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain?
Which ring/chain?
How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis?
Most!

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project?
Master Bedroom!

Today in History:

1833 Patent granted for first soda fountain
1865 Fire alarm and police telegraph system put into operation in San Francisco
1908 Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Murdock become 1st to travel across U.S. by car, they leave Los Angeles in a Packard and arrive in New York City in 32d-5h-25m
1969 Paul McCartney says there is no truth to rumors he is dead
1981 IBM-PC computer introduced
1990 West and East Germany agree to merge currency and economies on July 1st

Today’s Word
:

Fard / fahrd \ , verb;
1. To apply cosmetics.
noun:
1. Facial cosmetics.

Today Is:

National Teach Your Children to Save Day
Genocide Remembrance Day
Pigs-in-a-blanket Day
National Puppetry Day
Plumbers’ Day
Thanks Kobber!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? Haven't had to call a plumber because the only problem we have had is clogged drains and hubby took care of it.
LOL.. Are you sure your husband didn't call Mr. Plumber, Mr. Drano, or Mr. Plunger to help him fix those clogged drains?

Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,793,663 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? ----we needed a plumber when we had our kitchen remodeled

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? probably around 1987

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 4

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 3

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? we had the kitchen redone about 5 years ago. A few years before that my husband and I built a 2 level deck with 3 sets of stairs, which is why we hired someone to move closets and doors and windows in the kitchen -- didn't want to do that no more, no sir.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,779,686 times
good late afternoon....

Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? lucky me.... I do the work myself... and yes I'll fix that running toilet someday soon

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? 1989

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 2

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 2

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? it will be in the coming weeks.... the list is being compiled

Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 PM

27,264 posts, read 27,328,562 times
I have 3 keys on my keychain.One fits the house/basement, the other two are the trucks.
My last home decorating project was my changing a few things here in the past several months. Put pretty drapes and sheers in my room (took the blinds down), put some prett(ier) shower curtains up and got some indoor plants.
Pigs in a blanket, sounds like I know what to make tomorrow night for supper.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,424,921 times
Today’s Question:

Today is National Plumbers’ Day. When was the last time you had to call a plumber and what task did you need them to undertake? I have never had to call a plumber because I live in an apartment and the maintainence man fixes stuff like that.

Extra Credit Question :

The IBM-PC was introduced on this day in 1981. How long after this did you obtain your first computer at home? Gosh, I would say not until the early 90's.

Bonus Question:

How many keys do you have on your key chain? 13

How many of those keys do you actually use on a regular basis? 3

Just for Fun:

What was your last home remodelling/decorating project? Live in an apartment, but the last time I helped decorate a room was 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics