Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,945,850 times

Advertisements

I try to be helpful because that is my nature. If the person I am helping does not reciprocate, I'm ok because I know God is watching and He'll make sure that the help is available when I need it. I work in the helping professions where I extend myself to people all day long. Plus, when I'm at the train station, I look for those who seem to be struggling with the vending machines (they are not user friendly) or who just needs assistance trying to figure out how to get from point A to B. I just feel good when I know that I've helped someone and it does not matter if they help me in return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,414,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I try to be helpful because that is my nature. If the person I am helping does not reciprocate, I'm ok because I know God is watching and He'll make sure that the help is available when I need it. I work in the helping professions where I extend myself to people all day long. Plus, when I'm at the train station, I look for those who seem to be struggling with the vending machines (they are not user friendly) or who just needs assistance trying to figure out how to get from point A to B. I just feel good when I know that I've helped someone and it does not matter if they help me in return.
I love helping people on their way on the metro. I grew up here so I know the metro system by heart, and love pointing tourists in the right direction. It's os easy and it saves them so much time/energy.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 AM

61,121 posts, read 85,934,275 times
Always!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:20 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,479,986 times
Helpful in many ways and will throw in advice for free..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics