Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,735,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Cookies filled with mashed prunes and nuts! Yummy! Ever tried them?
HMMMMM No, but chocolate chip cookies are a quality of life issue as I'm drinking tea and eating semi-sweet morsels straight from the bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Can you seriously consider a former partner to be your 'soulmate'?
Yes. You can be madly in love with someone and not be able to live with them. Once upon a time DH and I were having problems and I told him I needed a vacation so he went to see his mother for 10 days. Made a new man out of him, the women can't cook.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
After-my-first-wife-and-myself-separated,-I-was-very-confused.-My-14-year-old-son-remained-with-me.-I-went-a-bit-haywire,-seeing-a-few-different-women-at-the-same-time,-not-behaving-very-well.-I-was-at-a-regular-Monday-night-disco-(!)-I-attended-with-one-of-my-girlfriends-when-I-spotted-Judy.-I-went-the-following-week-to-try-to-talk-to-her.-I-did,-and-we-arranged-to-meet,-and-go-for-a-meal.-I-soon-realised,-I-wanted-to-see-more-of-her,-so,-told-the-other-lady-friends-it-was-over.-One,-who-I-had-been-seeing-for-a-while,-did'nt-take-it-very-well,-and-slapped-me-in-the-face-in-a-bar,-which-was-embarressing.-But,-20-years-later,-we-are-still-together,-and-happily-so.
Sweet. The heart wants what the heart wants among other body parts.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
I really doubt they would have even given us a look if one of the girls didn't already know my friend.
I was at a friends house when a young male friend of hers asked for a ride home. I gave him one and wound up with his hands around my throat, but that's another thread.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,552,525 times
Mrs. Tek and I had a mutual friend who kept saying we should get together. She was going with some guy that was in the military and said she wasn't interested. Our friend made the mistake of showing her my graduation picture and then she really didn't want to meet me (I was a very angry young man).

As it turned out our mutual friend made certain that Mrs. Tek was at a Halloween party and that I was also going to be there.

When I first saw her she was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with a purple see-through top on. I took one look at her face and fell in love. I spent the night talking to her and when it was time for her to leave I offered to walk her to her car since it was a "bad" neighborhood and a heroin addict lived next door. The house set well back from the street so it was a nice stroll out to her car.

When we got there I asked her if I could kiss her goodnight. She was so shocked that someone would actually ask for a kiss that her jaw literally dropped and I took her open mouth as a yes.

She did finally decide to date me and she told me that the kiss had a lot to do with it. On our first date I told her that we were going to get married and she laughed in my face.

Our 40th is this July... And we are still best friends and head-over-heels in love.

That will teach her to laugh at me!!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,552,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
After-my-first-wife-and-myself-separated,-I-was-very-confused.-My-14-year-old-son-remained-with-me.-I-went-a-bit-haywire,-seeing-a-few-different-women-at-the-same-time,-not-behaving-very-well.-I-was-at-a-regular-Monday-night-disco-(!)-I-attended-with-one-of-my-girlfriends-when-I-spotted-Judy.-I-went-the-following-week-to-try-to-talk-to-her.-I-did,-and-we-arranged-to-meet,-and-go-for-a-meal.-I-soon-realised,-I-wanted-to-see-more-of-her,-so,-told-the-other-lady-friends-it-was-over.-One,-who-I-had-been-seeing-for-a-while,-did'nt-take-it-very-well,-and-slapped-me-in-the-face-in-a-bar,-which-was-embarressing.-But,-20-years-later,-we-are-still-together,-and-happily-so.
Dave,

Do you realize that your posts are almost impossible to read with all the dashes in them?

Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,851,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Mrs. Tek and I had a mutual friend who kept saying we should get together. She was going with some guy that was in the military and said she wasn't interested. Our friend made the mistake of showing her my graduation picture and then she really didn't want to meet me (I was a very angry young man).

As it turned out our mutual friend made certain that Mrs. Tek was at a Halloween party and that I was also going to be there.

When I first saw her she was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with a purple see-through top on. I took one look at her face and fell in love. I spent the night talking to her and when it was time for her to leave I offered to walk her to her car since it was a "bad" neighborhood and a heroin addict lived next door. The house set well back from the street so it was a nice stroll out to her car.

When we got there I asked her if I could kiss her goodnight. She was so shocked that someone would actually ask for a kiss that her jaw literally dropped and I took her open mouth as a yes.

She did finally decide to date me and she told me that the kiss had a lot to do with it. On our first date I told her that we were going to get married and she laughed in my face.

Our 40th is this July... And we are still best friends and head-over-heels in love.

That's probably worth another thread...

I've always preferred the spontaneous kiss, rather than having him ask.

Not that I had a problem with him asking, but, still, the spontaneous was better.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,236,455 times
Great story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,793,510 times
My roomie and I got the use of a friend's car for the weekend, so we planned a trip for Sunday.
On Sunday morning we changed our minds and decided to go somewhere else instead.
When we got to our destination and got out of the car, a guy passing by stopped to say hello. We said hello back. He offered to show us around. After a while he said he needed to borrow some money from another guy, so we all 3 went in search of him.
Our guide led us all over this small town till we wound up in an old west saloon where my eyes fell on this slim, long, tall broad shouldered guy at the bar with a glass of beer cradled in his hand. Turned out this was the guy we'd been looking for.
After a short conversation we all 4 left to tour the town some more. Of course, long tall and I wound up being tourists together.
Turned out our birthdays were one day apart and we lived on the same street in different towns, and my address was 708 and his was 809.
We were fated to be mated.
We've been married for 38 years, have 3 kids and 2 grandkids.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,393,082 times
Tek-Freek.-I-know,-the-dashes-are-annoying.-My-machine-is-dying...the-spacer-is-broken.-As-soon-as-I-get-back-from-Cyprus-I-will-sort-the-problem-out-promise......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics