Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM

18,750 posts, read 11,717,369 times

Advertisements

DH and I will be married for 27 yrs. in June and I'm still madly and passionately in love with him. We met in a serendipitous way as I was living about an hour away from him. His brother used to push him to get out there and meet some one, "Do you think she's going to come and knock on your door?" Well that's exactly what happened. I had just started a new business and was canvasing the area with other colleagues. DH was dressed in white shorts and no shirt. I joked about it with my colleagues and said "I may have a date too." Little did I know that I would marry him 9 months later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,253,631 times
I am happy for you

My stupid soulmate do not know where I am so we cannot meet

Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
I am happy for you

My stupid soulmate do not know where I am so we cannot meet
It's where you least expect it. I certainly wasn't looking at the time. I hope you find somebody. You know MM on City Data is single. Or how about adopting a dog?

Last edited by animalcrazy; 04-26-2012 at 02:07 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM

866 posts, read 1,132,306 times
guess I haven't found mine either, yet...don't think I will look anymore.
first man I was married to, I met when we were both stationed in
Wurzburg, Germany...married him Feb.1978 in Copenhagen, Denmark...
got divorced in June 1994...
current housemate I met in Denison, Tx in January 2002...we were both
living in the homeless shelter there...he asked me to marry him 2 years
later, but we never made it official...we're still residing under the same
roof but don't know how much longer we'll be together...there's a LOT
of strife & friction between us anymore...and I'm tired of it...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,949,801 times
Well ... I met my soulmate at this little park in Anaheim called Disneyland ... He's a GOOFY charmer with big ears ... Years later, I am just so madly in love whenever I go visit him *swoons*

Last edited by Chatteress; 04-26-2012 at 10:54 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,464,926 times
One Sunday afternoon, a friend and I were cruising around town and we saw 3 ladies standing on the sidewalk. We decided to see if we could pick them up, so we stopped and asked if they wanted to ride around for a while. They got in the car, one in the front with my friend and the other two got in the back seat with me. Somehow we exchanged information and my friend went out a few times with one of the ones who was in back with me, and I went out with the other one. After several "on and off" situations, I finally started dating the lady on a steady basis. 4 years after we met, we married, and this December we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

Oh, just to clear thing up a little, the 3 ladies were friends who were just enjoying a Sunday afternoon walk. One of them happened to be a friend of my friend (who was driving). Both of the other two ladies ended up eventually marrying other men, but my DW and I have been going strong all this time.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 PM

44,261 posts, read 19,924,577 times
No soul mate here. Yet.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
One Sunday afternoon, a friend and I were cruising around town and we saw 3 ladies standing on the sidewalk. We decided to see if we could pick them up, so we stopped and asked if they wanted to ride around for a while. They got in the car, one in the front with my friend and the other two got in the back seat with me. Somehow we exchanged information and my friend went out a few times with one of the ones who was in back with me, and I went out with the other one. After several "on and off" situations, I finally started dating the lady on a steady basis. 4 years after we met, we married, and this December we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

Oh, just to clear thing up a little, the 3 ladies were friends who were just enjoying a Sunday afternoon walk. One of them happened to be a friend of my friend (who was driving). Both of the other two ladies ended up eventually marrying other men, but my DW and I have been going strong all this time.
I met my ex walking my dog while looking for my cat. We moved to California after we were married and he was unfaithful there. I moved myself back from California in a U Haul towing my car with my cat on my shoulders and big Doberman in the bucket seat next to me. It was a pretty miserable trip driving back 3 days alone, but I'd do it 100 times to be where I am now. (Those girls were pretty brave getting in a strangers car. A different time and different demographics.) Sweet story, thanks.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
guess I haven't found mine either, yet...don't think I will look anymore.
first man I was married to, I met when we were both stationed in
Wurzburg, Germany...married him Feb.1978 in Copenhagen, Denmark...
got divorced in June 1994...
current housemate I met in Denison, Tx in January 2002...we were both
living in the homeless shelter there...he asked me to marry him 2 years
later, but we never made it official...we're still residing under the same
roof but don't know how much longer we'll be together...there's a LOT
of strife & friction between us anymore...and I'm tired of it...
I often wonder why people divorce after being together for such a long time. I hope things work out for you with your current relationship.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
No soul mate here. Yet.

Aw sorry. Do you have a dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics