U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 AM

7,650 posts, read 1,445,883 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday 1st May, 2012.

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for the first day of May! I’m still messing about with plans for the garage conversion but have found a guy who has produced a much more detailed set of plans – they make me cross-eyed, but I’m sure the council will love them!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting?

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver?

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of?

Just for Fun:

‘Cheerios’ were introduced on this day in 1941. Do you eat Cheerios…..

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Today in History:

1707 England, Wales and Scotland form United Kingdom of Great Britain
1840 First adhesive postage stamps ("Penny Blacks" from England) issued
1844 Samuel Morse sends first telegraphic message
1931 Empire State Building opens in New York City
1935 Canada's first silver dollar is circulated
1941 General Mills introduces Cheerios
1947 Radar for commercial and private planes first demonstrated
1971 Amtrak Railroad begins operation
2011 President Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden was killed by American military operatives

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;
1. A scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Keep Kids Alive! Drive 25 Day
Batman Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 AM

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,371 posts, read 6,016,227 times
Today’s Question: Yayyyyy! It's a Kobber Tuesday! Hiya Kobber!
.....Hi everybody! It's the first day of May today! Time for a new beginning.....some changes! Anybody with me on that?

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march?
~ Nopey dopey!

If so, what you were protesting?
~ I would march to stop people from killing animals!

Extra Credit Question :Yayyy! I will buy something for dinner! (DAM all this stupid underlining! You're ruining my day! My whole month!

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver?
~ A watermelon tree!

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of?
~ The Empire State building in New York City. It sucks more than anything has ever sucked before.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never <~~~ Never ever. And the carbs in them suck, suck, suck-o.

Today's History is history.

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;
~ Not many orts around my house! Me and the cats (don't tell me about grammar!) eat 'em up!

Today Is:

Mother Goose Day ~ Yayyyyyy!
Batman Day ~ I'd like to beat the snot out of him and Robin.

*** Thank you, Kobber, and all of our friends and families and pets!
HappyWishes to you all, along with changes for the better, starting today, good eats and miracles for all that need them! ***

Last edited by rainroosty; 05-01-2012 at 04:55 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,143,473 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting?
No I never have

Extra Credit Question :

Orange would be nice

Bonus Question:

The Empire State Building, it was awesome

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Today Is:

May Day.....................................yay I love May! But it's already too hot
Global Love Day.........................I'm not feeling it
World Asthma Day.....................asthma sucks
Stepmother’s Day......................I had one that I liked very much
Mother Goose Day.....................duck duck goose!
Keep Kids Alive! Drive 25 Day.....drive 25?? No way!
Batman Day...............................does Robin get a day too?

Old 05-01-2012, 04:44 AM

131,636 posts, read 42,778,166 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? Nope

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? A July Elberta peach

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? I have no clue.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally-right out of the box
Hardly ever
Never

Today in History:

2011 President Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden was killed by American military operatives

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Batman Day

Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 AM

6,365 posts, read 5,778,767 times
Today’s Question:

No....

Extra Credit Question :

Apple Tree - Please

Bonus Question:

Empire State Building..

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 AM

44,227 posts, read 5,922,782 times
[quote=Kobber;24105248]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for the first day of May! I’m still messing about with plans for the garage conversion but have found a guy who has produced a much more detailed set of plans – they make me cross-eyed, but I’m sure the council will love them!

Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? No

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Carmine Jewel Dwarf Cherry Tree.

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? The Empire State Building.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Ort \ awrt \ , noun;

Today Is:

May Day
Global Love Day
World Asthma Day
Stepmother’s Day
Mother Goose Day
Batman Day

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:58 AM

408 posts, read 318,171 times
In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? I protest work daily...

Extra Credit Question :

Lemon or lime please!

Bonus Question:

CN tower in Toronto --the glass floor is pretty cool.

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever - but when I do, it's honey nut
Never

Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 AM

Location: Going back to the forest to be with nature's goodness.
14,371 posts, read 6,016,227 times

Jethro Tull: Mother Goose (07/09/2005) - YouTube

Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 AM

1,739 posts, read 272,709 times
Good Morning to You! Good Morning to You! Good Morning Everybody! Good Morning to You!
(sorta imagine that in a song...and a wonderful voice - (insert eye roll) :O) )

Today’s Question
:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? Nope, sure haven't

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Plum

Bonus Question:

On this day in 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? Think it was Union Station..we went to the roof..think that was it. Was a long time ago. I was a teenager and a friend knew the back way to the roof. (where you were NOT supposed to go)..tsk tsk...shame on us. We didn't stay, just went up and came straight back down. (maybe the door was locked and we couldn't get actually onto the roof just up the stairs to the door.) :O)

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never

Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 AM

1,734 posts, read 461,828 times
Today’s Question:

In many countries May Day is traditionally a day for protest marches. Have you ever been part of a protest march? If so, what you were protesting? Protest march, no. I did participate in a sit in once in high school. We were protesting the admins letting one of our favorite teachers go.

Extra Credit Question :

Fiona the Fruit Tree Fairy will bring you a fruit tree that will magically produce fruit, regardless of your climate and even if you have to keep the tree inside your apartment. What kind of fruit tree would you like her to deliver? Since climate is not a concern I would like a mango tree, please.

Bonus Question:

No idea.... I've had dinner at the Top of the Hub in Boston. How many floors is the tower?

Just for Fun:

Regularly
Sometimes
Occasionally
Hardly ever
Never ************** Ick....Blech....Phooey!

Rainy day here in Vermont. Indoor recess this morning, oh joy.

Enjoy your day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 05-01-2012 at 05:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics