Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Luckylady View Post
Congrats on your job!
Sooooo right! We just need more of these jobs opening up for others as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Sooooo right! We just need more of these jobs opening up for others as well.
Amen! I think it is a good sign that they needed to hire more than they thought they would, though my boss admitted to someone that the sales were up and down a bit this weekend.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Wow! Thank you all from the bottom of my green thumb! I mean heart!

I have now worked five days. The first day, four hours... I thought my legs/ feet would give out. The second day, with six hours, was a bit better but boy! Was I glad to get home and put my feet up! I have pins in my right ankle from breaking it, surgery and breaking my leg. My leg was swollen the third day (eight hours) and hurt despite the small cloth brace I wore.

So, I tried my hard plastic full leg brace to see if it would fit in my tennies. It did! Yeah! Much less swelling. But I was still sweating and sweating... almost my whole front was wet! Then, one of the office workers found two fans and the fifth day I had no problems! I looked much nicer and felt the part more!

It is really fun working with the public again. I joke with the customers, even their children. Somehow I joked about the flowers having feelings with a little girl, about 9 yrs. old. Then, a small box with flowers tipped over and dirt fell out. "See?" I said. Look, tears! Oh, look... (pointing to all the dirt in the box) at all the tears!

I met someone with my sisters name too! Nancy L..., only my customer's last name was one vowel off! (My customer has two i-s and my sister's name has an i and an e, same place, pronounced the same.)

I am just having so much fun! Example! At one point I excused myself to visit the ladies room. I came back and there were three plants about up to my knees next to my register. I told one of the other cashiers, that I knew I'd been gone a while but wow! Was I gone so long (for the plants to grow?!)! She laughed and joked along with me!

Too bad you all can't visit me at the greenhouse! NOW that would make it perfect. Thanks for your kind support here.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,107 times
Sounds like a fun job, Wild Flower! Customers love you, especially the kids! Glad your brace is helping and took them long enough to find the fans! Rock on, Wild Flower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Wow! Thank you all from the bottom of my green thumb! I mean heart!

I have now worked five days. The first day, four hours... I thought my legs/ feet would give out. The second day, with six hours, was a bit better but boy! Was I glad to get home and put my feet up! I have pins in my right ankle from breaking it, surgery and breaking my leg. My leg was swollen the third day (eight hours) and hurt despite the small cloth brace I wore.

So, I tried my hard plastic full leg brace to see if it would fit in my tennies. It did! Yeah! Much less swelling. But I was still sweating and sweating... almost my whole front was wet! Then, one of the office workers found two fans and the fifth day I had no problems! I looked much nicer and felt the part more!

It is really fun working with the public again. I joke with the customers, even their children. Somehow I joked about the flowers having feelings with a little girl, about 9 yrs. old. Then, a small box with flowers tipped over and dirt fell out. "See?" I said. Look, tears! Oh, look... (pointing to all the dirt in the box) at all the tears!

I met someone with my sisters name too! Nancy L..., only my customer's last name was one vowel off! (My customer has two i-s and my sister's name has an i and an e, same place, pronounced the same.)

I am just having so much fun! Example! At one point I excused myself to visit the ladies room. I came back and there were three plants about up to my knees next to my register. I told one of the other cashiers, that I knew I'd been gone a while but wow! Was I gone so long (for the plants to grow?!)! She laughed and joked along with me!

Too bad you all can't visit me at the greenhouse! NOW that would make it perfect. Thanks for your kind support here.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM

5,585 posts, read 984,194 times
Congrats & Happiness to you Wild Flower, user name is very fitting, Can you put layers of card board or foam cushions under your feet for comfort stability? Sounds like a fun job minus the heat. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,011 times
Congratulations. Cashiering can open doors for you. Handling money is a good skill, imo.

Six weeks can turn into 6 months, and so on and so on.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,162 times
Good for you Wildflower. That is way cool, you working in a Greenhouse,
you are sooo lucky. All that new life and beauty.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,324,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Good for you Wildflower. That is way cool, you working in a Greenhouse,
you are sooo lucky. All that new life and beauty.
Well said

Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Congratulations , wildflower (what a perfect name for you). Have fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker Freesia View Post
Congrats & Happiness to you Wild Flower, user name is very fitting, Can you put layers of card board or foam cushions under your feet for comfort stability? Sounds like a fun job minus the heat. Keep up the good work.
It must of been fate that sent a Wild flower to the greenhouse! Hahaa

It was rainy and cold today, that was okay!

I met the resident cat! Appropriately named Kitty. She jumped up on my counter when we opened Tuesday, let me pet her a couple of times and jumped down, trotted off the greenhouse again. My sister said she was glad I was making friends! HA Everyone there is friendly and it is fun to be there!

Yes, this could turn into more- though they have about 5-6 other temporary cashiers ahead of me. But it is all good- the shortness of this.

I am looking into having cataract surgery- the clinic I went to (the RAM-Rural Area Medical) clinic will help me with the cost! Just have to coordinate it with the end of this employment AND the next job!! Crossing my fingers!

You all are the best, just so you know it!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Another thing this job has/is doing is helping my work ego! They hired me during their busy, busy season, with no slow time to learn the ropes and i am holding my own! It feels really good to have been chosen for this job now. Like, my background told them i could handle the pressure of learning everything quickly!

Rah rah! There is a future for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics