U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 AM

10,452 posts, read 5,267,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'll start my list:

Window Blinds (Curtains >> Blinds)
Voice Mail
You're not alone! I hate voice mail too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Injustice of any kind.
Animal cruelty.
Acts of unkindness.
Child Abuse.
Bigotry.
Entitled mentality.

Christmas.
Socially retarded people.
Parents who abandon their kids.
Mean people.
So many wonderful pets being destroyed for lack of homes.
Random things you don't think other people hate...pretty sure most people hate these things.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 06-06-2012 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 AM

I hate when customers are rude to customer service people. I also hate when customer service people are rude to customers! Why is being polite so hard? Last night, for example, I went to dinner with my friend.

During the process of the dinner the waiter first assumed that my friend couldn't read--just because she's in a wheelchair and deaf. I should mention, this is while she had her phone on the table, which clearly has text on the screen.

Then he kept telling her that the food would get cold cause she wasn't eating fast enough. Her reply was just "okay, thank you"--again and again. Then when she was done eating, he stood there, waiting for her to finish all the food on her plate. It's not like she only ate 1/3 and he was expecting her to request to take the rest home--there were literally a few bites left, and even though she politely said she's so full she can't eat anymore, he still stood there. "Thank you, I'm fine." Basically my friend was super polite about it all. In fact, we were trying not to laugh cause we just couldn't believe what was actually happening.

Seriously, customer service people. I'm sorry if you had a bad day or whatever. But if you can't put it in a box and leave it at home, then customer service isn't for you. And if you can't handle the fact that you are going to have a wide variety of customers, and that you still have to treat them equally as customers, then customer service isn't for you. If it's hard to be cheerful or whatever, fine, I can understand that. But there's a basic level of "don't be completely rude" that you should be expected to adhere to--especially when your customers are being polite to you.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,550,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
People who are rude to cashiers, waitresses or waiters .

If you have ever read the book Nickeled and Dimed : On (not) Getting By in America , you would never be rude to a person who works at a "menial" job again. Heartbreaking.
Sounds like someone I know. He is rude to wait staff 95% of the time because he thinks he's better than they are. Um, how? He has an arts degree from a rinkydink college based in his home state Bumfuq Square State U., his grandparents pay his rent as they harp on him to get a job. Oh yeah, he's an alcoholic and shares with 2 men (3 total) in a 750 sq. foot apartment (all rent). I see right through his rudeness to wait staff. Reason: He's miserable and knows he could be in their exact position of waiting tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I hate when customers are rude to customer service people. I also hate when customer service people are rude to customers! Why is being polite so hard?
Here's the quasi-profound morsel of the day: For people who don't have politeness naturally in them, politeness is hard work! But for those who have it naturally in them, it's pretty much effortless.

Last edited by grimace8; 06-06-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM

14,716 posts, read 16,909,266 times
GARLIC *in everything*
ferrets
microfiber sheets
businesses that are closed on Sunday
restaurants that stop serving before 11 pm
overpriced yard sales and thrift shops
women who use too much makup
stores that keep their temps at 50 degrees in the summer (why?)
jerks who drive BMWs that think they don't have to follow traffic laws
people who pass in no-passing zones
people who are stoned out of their minds and don't think you notice

just a few LOL
20yrsinBranson

Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

4,487 posts, read 2,297,964 times
People who unleash their kids on store patrons.

Pressed paper egg cartons. Can't stand the way they feel!

Milk

Margarine

Voice mail

Mispronounced words

Thai food

Fish, except cod, tuna and salmon.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM

7,640 posts, read 3,010,630 times
The smell of fish.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:02 PM

2,522 posts, read 833,198 times
The sound of someone smacking and popping gum...........drives me crazy!!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,550,913 times
popup boxes on my computer screen with teeny tiny little "close" boxes (x's) in the upper right corner the size of a pinhead. make that friggin x bigger . you need a microscope to see most of them

Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 PM

24,931 posts, read 11,078,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
People who unleash their kids on store patrons.

Pressed paper egg cartons. Can't stand the way they feel!

Milk

Margarine

Voice mail

Mispronounced words

Thai food

Fish, except cod, tuna and salmon.
LOL! Your list is good. Except the milk. I love milk, but it has to be whole milk from braums. And margerine is just unsightly.

And never EVER nuke anything with tuna in it at WORK!!! ha ha. I did that once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
GARLIC *in everything*
ferrets
microfiber sheets
businesses that are closed on Sunday
restaurants that stop serving before 11 pm
overpriced yard sales and thrift shops
women who use too much makup
stores that keep their temps at 50 degrees in the summer (why?)
jerks who drive BMWs that think they don't have to follow traffic laws
people who pass in no-passing zones
people who are stoned out of their minds and don't think you notice

just a few LOL
20yrsinBranson
Good ones, 20yiB.

Mine is those weird super thin eyebrows that are 99% penciled in, wow, freaky. Especially on those guido's.

Speaking of which, (I'm on a roll here), those oompa loompa looking kids with the fake orange tans, pencil thin eyebrows and pursed lips.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics