U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:59 AM

22,743 posts, read 26,106,044 times
Competitiveness at the office. Aren't we all on the same side??
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM

14,813 posts, read 6,763,646 times
I have also posted about this in the "Quirks" thread......but I hate glasses and pop cans sitting on a table without a coaster or napkin under them. I don't even like them sitting on magazines either.

The wildly immodest clothing worn by mainly young women is also something I hate----knit shirts cut down to there and showing everything but the nipple, flabby belly fat hanging over the waistline of shorts and jeans; fat women wearing tight jeans and shorts.

Guys who won't take their baseball caps off while indoors. Guys who come out to greet people they barely know without a shirt. This didn't bother me when I was much younger but today it seems a bit disrespectful.

Excessive PDA's in public. (Holding hands or a modest greeting is fine but the hanging all over each other I don't.)

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM

8,519 posts, read 4,146,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
People who when hearing your whistling immediately start to whistle a different tune to your one.
Or sing a different tune!

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM

2,471 posts, read 676,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Not often do you find team work in an office setting anymore. There's always one or two who can't be team players.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM

12,044 posts, read 7,041,566 times
powdered donuts and ice cream sandwiches and washing silverware

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM

4,487 posts, read 1,973,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
LOL! I love it! I sometimes cringe silently when eating with family or friends. But I tell myself: YOU are making the same noises, so stop it!

<mmph, scrummph, slurp, mmm>

When people baby talk to their kids and say things like You want NUM NUM? for food and You want ba-ba's? for baby bottle. Arrgh! Stop the cutesy baby talk!
I never used baby talk with my kids!

What's even worse is when adults use it with each other. ewwwww!

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM

4,487 posts, read 1,973,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Sometimes I feel I am the only one disgusted by;

1) Entertainment news, why do people even care, many people must though it does make me wonder.

2) The total sheep mentality. If some celebrity wore underwear on their head as the new hat style, pretty soon you'd see kids and people that are supposed to be adults doing it too.

3) People that don't even realize they are part of the sheep mentality and claim to be an individual.

4) People that do nothing at all to help others in anyway (I'm talking about beyond their own family and friends), and there are a lot of them in this country.

5) Women that wear so much blush on their cheeks it looks like its a bruise. You got to know what I mean.

6) The rude and crude culture that is now the norm. If the masses hated it why is it so prevalent everywhere and so accepted today.
No Sweetie, you are NOT the only one!

Unread 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM

3,104 posts, read 2,225,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You would think so, but never underestimate the neuroses and/or hidden agendas of co-workers, bosses, etc. One thing I want to discuss with my psychiatrist is the issue above and how it contrasts sharply to happy/sunny gameshows like "The Price Is Right", where everybody roots for everybody to win. In many offices, you'll find people rooting for their co-workers to lose. In the workplace, why oh why can't we root for each other to win? Why can't we be like "The Price Is Right" ? Maybe it's partly because a gameshow is only an hour but jobs in theory last a lifetime.

Unread 06-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post

Aw! I love whistlers! I'm just jealous because I can't whistle melodiously!
I love good whistlers, too. "The High And The Mighty" theme song has always been a favorite of mine. Good whistlers just are not appreciated anymore.

Unread 06-07-2012, 01:46 PM

I hate orange and purple together. Those two colors CLASH!

A nasally, whiny voice--like the way Willy Nelson sings. Cher's singing voice. Ditto Madonna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics