U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 02:10 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,149,163 times

Advertisements

This isn't much of a debate, I just don't know where to put this post.

I'm fairly old fashioned when it comes to ettiquette, etc but I can't figure out how to word an invitation. My spouse and I are hosting a casual
co-ed pool party (almost all family) get together for my sister in law who is having her 3rd and last child, a boy. She doesn't need any big ticket items or any pink stuff, toys, etc....she has 2 girls. How in the heck do you word an invite suggesting they only need newborn clothes and diapers since they are not registered anywhere. Should I just leave it off? Any help would be much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:24 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,288,384 times
I would suggest that you do register her somewhere, even if it's online.

Say something like

y and y would like you to join us celebrating the imminent arrival of a baby boy to x and x.

In lieu of gifts, a registry has been set up on www.xxx to help x and x welcome their new son.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 AM

25,953 posts, read 26,751,476 times
Baby Showers for a second child are called 'Sprinkles' If you look up 'Sprinkle Showers" you may find some wording which is appropriate for your shower.

Moms-to-be always need things like diapers and wipes, undershirts, bath accessories, and feeding supplies. Second baby showers could actually be a “sprinkle” shower. A "sprinkle" shower is where guests buy only the necessities rather than having a full-blown shower.

It could also be a “Bear Necessities” theme decorated with all sorts of bears for the shower for second baby.

For moms-to-be who already have enough for the baby, you might consider having a “mom” baby shower where everyone brings a baby shower gift for mom-to-be instead of for the baby. These can be items with which she can pamper herself, or items that she may need while she is in labor. I got one of my friends a knee length yellow pajama dress type thing with buttons. She loved it because it made breast feeding easier and she could also answer the door in it. Things like that are appreciated.

Find a way to incorporate the other child into the invitations such as 'so and so is excited about his/her new brother or sister."

Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,589,257 times
At least you are caring about etiquette.
I'm so bossy, I would probably call everyone and tell them what gifts were needed.
This may be why no one wants me to throw them a shower......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics