Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,860,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Hey everyone! there are no Jumping Frogs!! just kidding! lol!
Oh.. Izzy, I think there was a band called The Jumping Frogs.. and they all.. Croaked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,814,635 times
Today's Question:
Who are your favorite rock and roll musicians or bands?
Eagles
Steppenwolf
Doobie Bros.
BTO
Elton John
Bad Company
Cranberries
CCR
Jackson Browne
Journey
Foreigner
Kansas
Moody Blues
Neil Young
Carly Simon
Steely Dan
on and on......

Bonus Question:
Last weekend Queen Elizabeth II and millions of Britons celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, 60 years as queen of the United Kingdom.
Do you follow new stories about the British royal family:
With a lot interest or
Kinda, sorta or
Not so much?

Caught a minute or two of footage. Wasn't looking!

Foodie Question:
Have you enjoyed any watermelon yet this season?
Do you ever use watermelon in recipes or just eat it straight? Straight!
Ever salt the watermelon? Always

Just for fun:
Did you ever fall asleep in school?
If so, did you get caught?

Today in History:
1340 City of Rotterdam, the Netherlands founded
1494 Treaty of Tordesillas, Spain and Portugal agreed to divide the Americas. Portugal got Brazil. Spain got the rest.
1769 Daniel Boone began exploring what later became the state of Kentucky
1775 United Colonies changed name to United States
1896 Fishermen George Harpo and Frank Samuelson left New York harbor to row the Atlantic in an open 18ft boat. They landed off the Cornish coast of Britain after 55 days.
1939 1st king and queen of England to visit the U.S., George VI and Elizabeth, aka the Queen Mum
1942 Japanese troops landed on Attu in the western Aleutian Islands of Alaska
1970 English author E.M. Forster, who wrote A Passage to India and Howard's End, died in London
1993 Cleveland broke ground for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Today’s Word:
bollard [bol-erd] noun
originally a post for fixing mooring ropes; since mid 20th century, a post used as a traffic control device

Today Is:
Chocolate Ice Cream Day
Freedom of the Press day
June Bug Day
Native American Appreciation Day

A Picture for Today:
Today's picture is courtesy of Mrs. Nomadicus, also known as Rambling Iris. This shot is called "Stately Cypress on the Banks of Peace River."
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 912$sx1333$s.
Thanks Rambling Iris and Nomadicus.

Have a good Thursday, everyone.
Nice photo Thanks BJH and the "Nomads"!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
I dont really have one favourite band, I like several types of music and artists to name just one.
I havent bought any watermelon yet but bring on the salt, I put salt on all fruits. Apples, watermelons, mangoes, bring it on!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:31 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,030,752 times
Today's Question:
Who are your favorite rock and roll musicians or bands?

Foreigner, Journey, ZZ Top, The Eagles, Van Halen, AC/DC for sure, but also many other musicians and bands from the 70's and 80's.

Bonus Question:
Last weekend Queen Elizabeth II and millions of Britons celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, 60 years as queen of the United Kingdom.
With a lot interest or
Kinda, sorta or
Not so much?

I don't follow the Royal Family on a regular basis but I did like Princess Diana a lot. I've watched a few TV specials about her life and death. I think she really cared about people that were less fortunate than she was and she was very charming. Her untimely death was so tragic and sad.

Foodie Question:
Have you enjoyed any watermelon yet this season? No, I'm not very fond of watermelon.
Do you ever use watermelon in recipes or just eat it straight?
Ever salt the watermelon? Yes, it's better with salt IMO.

Just for fun:
Did you ever fall asleep in school? One time.
If so, did you get caught? Yes...lol.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,765,365 times
Nineteen years ago today in Cleveland, Ohio construction began on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so tell us:

Today's Question:
Who are your favorite rock and roll musicians or bands? Elvis and the Beach Boys

Bonus Question:
With a lot interest or
Kinda, sorta or
Not so much? Not so much

Foodie Question:
Have you enjoyed any watermelon yet this season? Had a good one last week
Do you ever use watermelon in recipes or just eat it straight? Straight
Ever salt the watermelon? Sometimes

Just for fun:
Did you ever fall asleep in school? yes
If so, did you get caught? No

Today in History:
1340 City of Rotterdam, the Netherlands founded
1494 Treaty of Tordesillas, Spain and Portugal agreed to divide the Americas. Portugal got Brazil. Spain got the rest.
1769 Daniel Boone began exploring what later became the state of Kentucky
1775 United Colonies changed name to United States
1896 Fishermen George Harpo and Frank Samuelson left New York harbor to row the Atlantic in an open 18ft boat. They landed off the Cornish coast of Britain after 55 days.
1939 1st king and queen of England to visit the U.S., George VI and Elizabeth, aka the Queen Mum
1942 Japanese troops landed on Attu in the western Aleutian Islands of Alaska
1970 English author E.M. Forster, who wrote A Passage to India and Howard's End, died in London
1993 Cleveland broke ground for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Today’s Word:
bollard [bol-erd] noun
originally a post for fixing mooring ropes; since mid 20th century, a post used as a traffic control device

Today Is:
Chocolate Ice Cream Day
Freedom of the Press day
June Bug Day
Native American Appreciation Day

A Picture for Today:
Today's picture is courtesy of Mrs. Nomadicus, also known as Rambling Iris. This shot is called "Stately Cypress on the Banks of Peace River."
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 912$sx1333$s.
Thanks Rambling Iris and Nomadicus.
Nomadicus had to watch for gators and snakes!
Have a good Thursday, everyone.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:33 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,722 times
Hello... sorry I haven't been around lately....

Today's Question:
Who are your favorite rock and roll musicians or bands? well.... I'll answer from the 70's perspective. Chicago, Three Dog Night, ELO

Bonus Question:
With a lot interest or
Kinda, sorta or
Not so much? not really.... I pay a little attention

Foodie Question:
Have you enjoyed any watermelon yet this season? I'm not a watermelon lover

Just for fun:
Did you ever fall asleep in school? yes... I do during break and lunch time lately
If so, did you get caught? no.. I don't think so

Old 06-07-2012, 09:50 PM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Today's Question:
Who are your favorite rock and roll musicians or bands? Way too many to document. I love the 60s through early 1980s New Wave bands. I love big band-swing, early 30s jazz, native american and other traditional cultural music from around the world. Too many to be pigeon-holed. Of course, if I had to pick ONE BAND, I would say the Beatles.
Good points by Redbird! I think it's safe to say I'm a big Moody Blues guy. After memorizing their catalog and other groups songs that I love from the Association to ZZTop and lots of groups and soloists in between, these days I get into lots of musical genres.

I'm comfortable with listening in a few hours time music by Doc Watson, the Who, Aretha Franklin, the Weavers, the Clash, Toots and the Maytals, Carlos Akkai, Mike Oldfield, Henry Mancini, Hank Thompson and the Brazo Valley Boys, Miles Davis, Beausoleil, and umpteen other artists!

Like I've always said in my profile- "Listen to more music and less talk radio."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics