Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,907,997 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s): (This underline is for you rainroosty )
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)?

no

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep?

If I didn't live in an apartment, chickens. They have personality.

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others?

Egads, talent again - no talent.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people?

I've met/talked to several celebrities (because I'm old) but the only ones that were "chance" were Doctor Spock (not Mr Spock ), Ted Kennedy and Pat Sajak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:05 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,439,512 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? We had llamas at one time.

If so, which animals have you kept? Llamas

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth? We enjoyed them.

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? I can wiggle my ears.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? Yes, I have met some famous people over the years.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:06 AM

27,293 posts, read 27,346,036 times
Ive had dogs, cats and pet rats. My rats were so tame, so trained....
Ive met celebrities a few times, actually I didnt know 2 of them were actually popular people at the time. Steve Sax and Ben Murphy.
Have a great day everyone!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,598,853 times
I met a woman last week who lives on an organic farm where she grows vegetables, and raises some small livestock, not too far from my house. She inspired the following questions.

Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)?
No, but I had a neighbor when I was very little who had sheep and geese/ducks, I got to feed the baby sheep with a bottle

Oh I don't know, I think I'll stick with cats and dogs

Just for Fun:
I can wiggle my ears and nose

Bonus Question:
Only one, several years ago with Peter Coyote but it was in Texas

Today’s Word:
femme fatale
Pronunciation: (fem fuh-TAHL)
plural femmes fatales (fem fuh-TAHLZ)
Meaning: noun: An attractive and seductive woman, especially one who leads others into disaster. Etymology: From French, literally fatal woman. Earliest documented use: 1879.
Usage: "The film sees Depp's math teacher character falling for Jolie's femme fatale as she spins a web of mystery." Interesting, I just watched this movie...."The Tourist".
John Irish; A Minute With: Angelina Jolie; Reuters (UK); Dec 9, 2010.

Today is:
Bowdler's Day................................
Day of the Five Billion....................
Cheer up the Lonely Day...............
National Ranier Cherries Day........not a big fan
Slurpee Day...................................
World Population Day....................

Quote of the Day:
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~ J. K. Rowling ~

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 07-11-2012 at 04:26 AM..

Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,663,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
[b]Mornin’ all!

I met a woman last week who lives on an organic farm where she grows vegetables, and raises some small livestock, not too far from my house. She inspired the following questions.

Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? I have to change my answer from No to Yes!

If so, which animals have you kept? I had several pet rats when I was younger.

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth? My first rat,Sammy was the best...he was like a pet dog whowould greet me at the door each day I came home from work. I kept his 55 gallon "penthouse" close to the doorway so he could scurry out on his ramp to greet me. Miss that critter.

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep? A pot-bellied pig

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? I can throw my voice like a ventriloquist.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? Yes

Today in History:
2010 Colton Harris-Moore, a 19-year-old fugitive known as the 'Barefoot Bandit' is captured by police in northern Eleuthera, The Bahamas
1984 Government orders air bags or seat belts would be required in cars by 1989
1969 David Bowie releases 'Space Oddity'
1950 17th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-3 in 14 at Comiskey Park, Chicago Ted Williams breaks his elbow; 1st extra inning All Star Game
1924 Moslem-Hindu rebellion in Delhi
1905 Niagara Movement founded by W. E. B. Dubois
1892 U.S. Patent Office says J. W. Swan, rather than Thomas Edison, invented the electric light carbon for the incandescent lamp
1859 Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" is published
1789 U.S. Marine Corps created by an act of Congress

Today’s Word:femme fatale
]Meaning: noun: An attractive and seductive woman, especially one who leads others into disaster. Etymology: From French, literally fatal woman. Earliest documented use: 1879.
Usage: "The film sees Depp's math teacher character falling for Jolie's femme fatale as she spins a web of mystery."

Today is:
Bowdler's Day
Day of the Five Billion - Dollars?
Cheer up the Lonely Day
National Ranier Cherries Day
Slurpee Day
World Population Day

Quote of the Day:
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~ J. K. Rowling ~

You too.

Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by Lucky Lady123; 07-11-2012 at 05:10 AM..

Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 AM

11,343 posts, read 9,241,586 times
Good morning all,

Quote:
Mornin’ all!

If so, which animals have you kept?

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth?

N/A. I'm not a pet person.

Just for Fun:

Quote:
Not silly but I can park a car or a van better than anyone, within a couple of seconds. Also, parallel parking in the tightest of spaces, without looking backwards too! I only use my mirrors.

Bonus Question:

Quote:
I met Muhammad Ali once when he was in his prime and I got to talk with him for about a minute when he did a promotion for an upcoming fight at The Capital Centre in Largo, MD. I still have his autograph but I wish it was on something better.

I've met sports figures Reggie Jackson, Wes Unseld, and Jaromir Jagr. A few others as well. I have a picture of me shaking hands with Jagr.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 AM

10,160 posts, read 11,137,173 times

No

If so, which animals have you kept?

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth?

Just for Fun:

What might be silly to you, might not be silly to me!

Bonus Question:

Yes..

Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 AM

1,738 posts, read 766,685 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? ~ No

If so, which animals have you kept? ~ N/A

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth? ~ N/A

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep? ~ Not sure

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? ~ Can't think of anything

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? ~ Yes, Music people/singers

Old 07-11-2012, 05:39 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,271,100 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? No

If so, which animals have you kept? Cattle

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth? They are pretty when grazing in the pasture but they can be a real pain in the a$$.

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep? I want sheep because I think they are cute.......hubby does not think they are cute.

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? Does being able to pick something up with my toes count?

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? No

Today in History:
2010 Colton Harris-Moore, a 19-year-old fugitive known as the 'Barefoot Bandit' is captured by police in northern Eleuthera, The Bahamas
1984 Government orders air bags or seat belts would be required in cars by 1989
1969 David Bowie releases 'Space Oddity'
1950 17th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 4-3 in 14 at Comiskey Park, Chicago Ted Williams breaks his elbow; 1st extra inning All Star Game
1924 Moslem-Hindu rebellion in Delhi
1905 Niagara Movement founded by W. E. B. Dubois
1892 U.S. Patent Office says J. W. Swan, rather than Thomas Edison, invented the electric light carbon for the incandescent lamp
1859 Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" is published
1789 U.S. Marine Corps created by an act of Congress

Today’s Word:
femme fatale
Meaning: noun: An attractive and seductive woman, especially one who leads others into disaster. Etymology: From French, literally fatal woman. Earliest documented use: 1879.
Usage: "The film sees Depp's math teacher character falling for Jolie's femme fatale as she spins a web of mystery."

Today is:
Bowdler's Day
Day of the Five Billion
Cheer up the Lonely Day
Slurpee Day
World Population Day

Quote of the Day:
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~ J. K. Rowling ~ That's for sure.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 AM

8,875 posts, read 13,874,301 times
Good morning to all!

Today's Question(s):
Nope. Not me.

Can't really think of any. I don't like critters in my house.

Just for Fun:
Wow, these are tough today! I can't think of anything special.

Bonus Question:
I've had several over the years with some cool celeb's and some lesser knowns. The latest was about 2 weeks ago in a Food Lion store in Blowing Rock, NC with a minor TV celebrity. My family stopped in to pick up a couple of things we needed while we were in the area. My DS was walking with me as we looked for the rest of my family in the store. We came across a young lady in one of the aisles and my DS said he thinks he knows her from home or somewhere. She looked familiar to me too. We continued on and then it dawned on me as to who it was, but I didn't tell him. We met the rest of our family out at the car and I scanned the lot for anyone that may have been with the mystery woman. I saw her husband standing next to their vehicle doting on someone (?) in the back seat. Sure enough, it was the guy I thought it was. They were Ron & Amy from the tv show Lizard Lick Towing. I just gave a wave as we drove past. Then DS gave the family a complete rundown of the show.

Today is:
Bowdler's Day
Day of the Five Billion
Cheer up the Lonely Day
Slurpee Day I remember this from when we lived near 7-11's.
World Population Day

Have a great day everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics