Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,999,509 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s): (This underline is for you rainroosty )
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)?
We have had a couple of cockatoos and kept hundreds of cocktails for a friend while going thru quarantine.
Had a desert tortoise that showed up and stick around for awhile.
A few abandoned barn owl babies until the fledged and flew off.
Kids had some lizards and snakes for awhile.

If so, which animals have you kept?
OOOps, see above.

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth?
While they first were around, but after awhile with work and other issues some of them became a PITA.

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep?
The Super Chief would like a mountain lion or bobcat. Her parents had a ocelot for a pet when I first met her.

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others?
Absolutely none.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people?
A few,
Our local congressman.
Bo Derek and Bob Eubanks at his ranch where they were directing traffic from horseback.
Roman Gabriel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)?
Nope, I have not.

None, really, although vicuñas are really cute.

Just for Fun:
I can look at a partially constructed, 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle from several feet away, zero in on one piece off in the jumble to the side, and put it where it needs to go.

Bonus Question:
That sounds so naughty. Alas, no.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:21 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
[quote=PatsCats;25114326]Mornin’ all!

I met a woman last week who lives on an organic farm where she grows vegetables, and raises some small livestock, not too far from my house. She inspired the following questions.

Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? no

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? The only thing I can think of is that I can cross my eyes.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? Weird Al Yankvic.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? One time when I was a kid.

If so, which animals have you kept? A rooster, I named him Rusty...lol. My dad and I built a chicken wire pen for him. A short while later we left the house for a few hours and some animal had broken into the pen and Rusty was gone. We lived out on the edge of a smal town and there were plenty of coyotes in the area so they probably took him.

Did you enjoy them, or were they more trouble than they were worth? More trouble than he was worth...lol.

Just for Fun:

I can't think of any.

Bonus Question:

One time I was in a department store at a mall here in Texas and I saw the legendary tennis champion Martina Navratilova. At first I didn't recognize her but when I walked closer to her and said "hi, how are you?" she smiled and said "just fine how are you doing?" When I saw her face up close and heard her voice I knew for sure it was her. I wanted to talk to her some more but she was shopping so I didn't bother her any further. One time in Las Vegas I got on the elevator in a hotel and the singer Tom Jones stepped off the elevator just as I was getting on. It hapened very quickly so I didn't say anything to him. When I was a kid my family and I were in a hotel lobby in Oklahoma City and we saw the actor Billy Dee Williams (he had recently starred in the Star Wars movies Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi). He was checking into the hotel and seemed to be quite busy so we didn't bother him. Finally, one time the country music star Garth Brooks came here to Abilene to perform at a local country and western music club. This was before he was famous so nobody knew who he was. I saw him offstage briefly between music sets and he was very friendly to everybody. Even though he was nearby, I didn't talk to him since I was busy dancing with some women at the club . I wish I had at least shook his hand because two years later he was the most famous person in C&W music...lol.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:13 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Mornin’ all!

I met a woman last week who lives on an organic farm where she grows vegetables, and raises some small livestock, not too far from my house. She inspired the following questions.

Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? No DH was a kid who was always stealing baby animals and raising them...owl, fox, raccoon, geese, goats. His mother was a saint (a lot like myself).

If you did not keep any non-pet animals, which would you *like* to keep? I've always wanted to have a few chickens for eggs, but I could never kill any animal I "knew" for food. We used to live in the country, but now my chance is gone.
Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? I can chat up anybody. DH says I could have dinner with Queen Elizabeth, or a bunch of hookers, and by the end would be fast friends with either of them.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? John Candy in the Toronto Airport. Also, we went into the back door of the Bellagio at the same time as Charles Barkley, so he held the door for us. He is very big and handsome.

Last edited by gentlearts; 07-11-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Have you ever kept animals other than those thought of as pets (cows, bees, etc.)? -
If so, which animals have you kept? - A cockroach that kept visiting my kitchen... - I'm only kidding, no I've never had any such animals.

Just for Fun:
What silly little talent do you have that sets you apart from others? - I'm a talented silly guy.. I guess.. - Seriously, I have various talents, but I don't boast about it, and even those talents don't set me apart from others, I'm human just like everyone else.

Bonus Question:
Have you ever had a chance encounter with well-known people? - Well.. some well-known people from City Data.. Actually, as far as chance encounters are concerned, I remember seeing Charles Bronson, or somebody that looked exactly like him, at a grocery store near Beverly Hills, California, this was in the late 1970s while I was visiting out there.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM

76 posts, read 79,686 times
no rabbits were as close as it got.

well i think anything i kept would end up as a pet. I always wanted to keep a a miniature horse.

Just for Fun:

as a real talent I can draw well but just for sillies I can bend my pinky finger at the first joint not much of a talent but it's all I got.

Bonus Question:

Nope.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:43 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Just for Fun:
Recently, I have gotten quite good at painting my nails in funky designs with fun colors!
Painting nails... Well, I tried to paint my nails one time but they were too rusty..

Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Oh gosh, no! Oh wait a baby bird I rescued and my DD and I fed it cream of wheat with a toothpick Serious, then I took it to a bird sanctuary, it was a baby sparrow.

^^

Oh none that I can think of.

Just for Fun:
I can walk and talk at the same time Really, nothing that I can think of.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrinka View Post

as a real talent I can draw well but just for sillies I can bend my pinky finger at the first joint not much of a talent but it's all I got.

[/b]
Hold on~~I can do that too with pinky and ring finger, thanks for the reminder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics