U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 15,601,695 times

Advertisements

Out of the blue, I felt like describing my idea of a perfect summer. I also know that most North Americans have many fond memories of summer, whether it be the weather, the time off activities they like doing etc. I thought it'd be fun to here other people dreams of our most popular season.

For now, I'll just stick to describing my idea of a perfect, imaginary summer weather pattern.

Daytime highs between 85-103 F, morning lows never below 65 F, afternoon relative humidity between 35-55%, sustained wind speed at 5-8 mph with gusts below 15 mph. I'd like it to be sunny and dry 6 of the 7 days in a week. On the seventh day, it pours 1-2" for maybe 4-6 hours (to keep everything green) then the sun comes back out again. This weather pattern would start by mid May and would be repeated, as if by a computer program and finish no sooner than Sep. 21st.

Just thought it'd be fun to day dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,429,799 times
CC--I thought you were describing where I live (just kidding!)
You described the perfect weather, but not what you'd do with that perfect weather. What would you do during you perfect summer?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM

10,010 posts, read 12,226,034 times
I am an outdoorsy girl so lots of camping in the mountains, swiming in a lake, some hiking, smores!!!!!!!! and hot dogs on a stick

Old 09-25-2006, 01:48 PM

20,048 posts, read 21,026,858 times
For me the perfect summer has changed a lot. When I was a kid it was great NO SCHOOL, I went swimming thought life was wonderful. Now I really hate summer because of the very hot humid weather, it really bothers me now. Now the perfect summer for me would to escape to the mountains with a high around 75 or below if possible, low of about 55 or lower. I love cold weather.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:51 PM

21 posts, read 66,261 times
during the summer I love to go out for night drives when the weather is just right with a perfect 80 degrees with not too much humidity just driving down the turnpike to the shore to hang out on the boardwalk.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:24 PM

5,682 posts, read 10,504,262 times
Default Perfect Summer

Hook up the ski/fishing boat to the back of the Durango and heading to the water.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
CC--I thought you were describing where I live (just kidding!)
You described the perfect weather, but not what you'd do with that perfect weather. What would you do during you perfect summer?
Is it really that dry in Florida? It just surprised me because they way people describe summers down there it seems you would be lucky to get below 65% relative humidity and any breeze at all. Maybe I visit central FL go get relief from the occaisional Canadian summer 'cool.'

I have experienced that weather once in a blue moon up here, and during most of my annual Auguest vacations to Myrtle Beach.

I like to do water sports like surfing, body boarding, waterskiing, tubing, waterskiing, boating, scuba, etc. as well as bike riding, bike stunts like ramp jumping and tow-skateborading, baseball, volleyball, any kind of climbing (plus many other activities) as well as just general relaxing.

I only described weather that I never need sleeves to not feel cold, don't get my skin burnt by heat, maybe sweat a little but don't sweat a whole lot without heavy excersize. I also love to see the sun and like a constant breeze, but gentle enough so that nothing gets knocked over. I suppose by my definition in this paragraph, most people would like a summer like that. I just seem to sense hot and cold a little differently than most people.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,429,799 times
No, I'm afraid you've got me on the humidity, but everything else sounds like where I live. Being from central FL it only takes an hour and a half to get to a beach for surfing, body boarding, or diving. I live right on a lake that has some awesome bass fishing, but I also live close to Winter Haven--waterskiing capital of the world! FL is full of skate parks and look how many baseball teams come down here for practice. And when the afternoon heat hits--just jump in the pool. I moved here because this is my idea of the perfect summer (and it lasts all year.) I'm from Lake Erie and summers there just kept getting shorter and shorter. I guess the only thing I could add here to make it absolutely perfect would be my family, but they do visit and when they do we have a blast.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:16 PM

I love hearing all these ideas, like camping in the mountains, hot dogs on a stick, nice evening drives etc. Keep 'em coming!

grammy164: I believe I could handle the extra humidity, what I was talking about was ideal, not neccessarily realistic conditions. In Myrtle Beach in August it seemed to be between 55 to maybe 65 % RH most afternoons and I thought it was simply delightfull for relaxing. Since I'm not American, the only thing that would make it better is to a have Canadian part of central FL so I wouldn't be a foreigner having to deal with immigration. (still being unrealistic, *grin*)

Old 09-25-2006, 03:39 PM

8,192 posts, read 19,794,530 times
I like the summer thunderstorms at night. And the fireflies.

The rest of me prefers late fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics