Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 AM

18,750 posts, read 11,723,165 times

Advertisements

[quote=bjh;27641045]Today's question only knows three chords, but it's having fun.

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away?........Use it myself

If gifted, who to?

If learning an instrument, which one?........The organ. My MIL has a beautiful antique organ sitting in her basement. I clean all the antiques and condition them every year. I lust after that organ and this one parlor table she has.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in?.....Something haunting and spooky for Well you know. I'm obsessed.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Probably John who used to play the flute but the dog always howled so he stopped playing, and my friend Lucille who is taking harp lessons and plays the flute as well. A few glasses of wine and it should be a laugh a minute.

Bonus Question:
How are you with punctuation:
People come to me for help
I get by <------------
Comma splices are my friends

Foodie Question:
It's Apple Tree Day. So how do you like them apples?
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples?.......In home made apple crisp with butter pecan ice cream.

Which kinds of apples do you like best?.......Honeycrisp.

Just for fun:
Tell us one of your favorite episodes of:
SchoolHouse Rock? Never saw it.
The Brady Bunch? Never really watched it.
Another TV show?.........All the Simpsons Halloween specials. I have them all on tape. Doah Halloween again. Sorry.

Today in History:
1066 King Harald of England crowned
1535 City of Lima, Peru founded by Francisco Pizarro
1663 Large earthquake in New England
1759 George Washington married Martha Dandridge Custis
1893 Great Northern Railway connected Seattle with east coast
1958 Gibson patented Flying V Guitar
1958 bollingen prize for poetry awarded to ee cummings
1963 "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" with Marlin Perkins began on NBC
1973 "Schoolhouse Rock," premiered on ABC-TV with Multiplication Rock
2010 Extreme cold temperatures across Europe

Today’s Word:
wobbegong [WOB-ee-gong] noun
Australian carpet shark, an Aboriginal word for a shark that is camouflaged to appear like the rocks and
plants of a shallow ocean floor while lying in wait for prey

Today Is:
Apple Tree Day
Bean Day
Epiphany, aka Twelfth Night
Shortbread Day

This week is:
Celebration of Life Week Birthday coming up soon.
Lose Weight/Feel Great Week <-----------Can you make that a year please
Office Safety and Security Week
Someday We'll Laugh About This Week

Today's Quote:
"I still get so much fan mail addressed to Carol Brady. And I always answer it, if it's legible."
~Florence Henderson, Brady Bunch actress

Today's Picture:
. . . is an example of today's word - a camouflaged shark!

This photo was taken by Richard Ling and made freely available on wikipedia.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable Sunday! Thanks bjh. This is always a fun part of my day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 AM

4,036 posts, read 2,894,401 times
Gorgeous day in the NV desert -- sunny and 55 degrees.

Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? I'd give them away.

If gifted, who to? My grandson -- he's an excellent trumpeter but is disappointed with his middle school music teacher.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? I'm thinking classical or jazz.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Wynton Marsalis

I get by

Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? Fresh is good.

Which kinds of apples do you like best? Fuji.

SchoolHouse Rock?
The Brady Bunch?
Another TV show?
I'm sorry, I just don't remember episodes of TV shows. I think it's a "guy thing". I worked with a couple of guys who could remember and deliver every line from movies and TV shows!

Thanks for the questions bjh and happy Sunday everyone!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM

4,704 posts, read 3,265,843 times
Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? Give them away.

If gifted, who to? My three year old nephew and any other kid that would enjoy them.

If learning an instrument, which one? Any instrument that they would enjoy.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in? Any type of music would be fine with me.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be? Some person that the student admires.

Bonus Question:
I get by

Foodie Question:
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? All kinds of ways......apple salad ~ cooked apples ~ apple pie or just a plain apple sliced.

Which kinds of apples do you like best? Red and golden delicious and gala are some of my favorites.

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?
The Brady Bunch?
Another TV show? I love the new series of Dallas. I can't wait for the 2013 season to start. The season finale was a full of suprises.

Today in History:
1066 King Harald of England crowned
1535 City of Lima, Peru founded by Francisco Pizarro
1663 Large earthquake in New England
1759 George Washington married Martha Dandridge Custis
1893 Great Northern Railway connected Seattle with east coast
1958 Gibson patented Flying V Guitar
1958 bollingen prize for poetry awarded to ee cummings
1963 "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" with Marlin Perkins began on NBC
1973 "Schoolhouse Rock," premiered on ABC-TV with Multiplication Rock
2010 Extreme cold temperatures across Europe

Today’s Word:
wobbegong [WOB-ee-gong] noun
Australian carpet shark, an Aboriginal word for a shark that is camouflaged to appear like the rocks and
plants of a shallow ocean floor while lying in wait for prey

Today Is:
Apple Tree Day
Bean Day
Epiphany, aka Twelfth Night
Shortbread Day

This week is:
Celebration of Life Week
Lose Weight/Feel Great Week
Office Safety and Security Week
Someday We'll Laugh About This Week

Today's Quote:
"I still get so much fan mail addressed to Carol Brady. And I always answer it, if it's legible."
~Florence Henderson, Brady Bunch actress

Today's Picture:
. . . is an example of today's word - a camouflaged shark!

This photo was taken by Richard Ling and made freely available on wikipedia.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable Sunday!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM

8,746 posts, read 8,997,553 times
Today's Question:
If you had 100 free music lessons - instrumental or vocal - at your disposal, would you take them yourself or give them away? Take them myself.

If gifted, who to?

If learning an instrument, which one? The piano. I played trumpet in concert and marching band in junior high and high school and I also played trumpet in a jazz band one time, however, I've always wanted to learn to play the piano too.

From opera to country and everything in between - what styles of music will the lessons mostly be in?

Classical. If you can play classical music on the piano you could probably play any other type of music on the piano.

At the end of the hundred lessons, the student gets to perform a duet- instrumental or vocal - with the musician of their choice. Who do you hope it will it be?

Yo-Yo Ma would be great. I can't think of any other prominent classical musicians at the moment.

Bonus Question:
I get by <<<<This

Foodie Question:
Srsly, fresh or cooked, sweet or savory, how do you like apples? In a Dutch Apple Pie!

Which kinds of apples do you like best? Red apples

Just for fun:
SchoolHouse Rock?
The Brady Bunch? The one where Marsha gets hit in the face with a football and her nose swells up, right before she's about to go out on a date...lol.
Another TV show? Seinfeld-The Soup Nazi.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM

38,659 posts, read 22,651,839 times
For those of you who have never watched "Schoolhouse Rock," here's "Conjunction Junction" from YouTube. People like me who grew up in the 60s and 70s watched these every Saturday morning.

Conjunction Junction....Best School House Rock - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics