Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

Advertisements

If you think the economy is bad and want to invest in precious metals I’ve got a little helpful hint on how to make money.

Gas is going up, the cost of goods is going up as well, and the cost of delivering those goods is climbing high. Precious metals is the answer. I’m buying beer in large quantities all in aluminum cans from discount houses. I store the beer ~ and when the news gets bad I’ll consume the contents (my life seems better already) then I save the can and with the higher prices paid for the aluminum ~ I’m made a killing on the market and enjoyed myself.

When the wind blows my backyard rattles! Can I get some help with this part of the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,441,429 times
Duct Tape!!!!!!

Rolls And Rolls Of Duct Tape!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
awwww.... I opened this thread hoping to make some extra money.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 11-01-2007 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Has anyone seen da jammer's sad walkin smiley? nope, me either!!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,920 times
I am guilty of this myself.

I live rurally. We do not have garbage/recycle pickup.
So we kind of sort our garbage. Aluminum is a good place to start.
All cans go into a separate container, when filled goes into garbage bags, then every once in a while (once or twice a year) we take them into town.
Aluminum is currently paying 65 cents per pound
17 cans makes a pound.
We drink a good amount of soda.
NOW if I could only find someplace to recycle glass .......... I only drink bottled beer (I'd make a killing).
I have heard that glass pays 5 cents a pound. Those bottles have some weight to them.

You are not going to make a living on this. I believe in recycling, and around the holidays, every penny helps.
Fortunately I have enough land, that once they are bagged, I do not have to see them until I take them into town.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:05 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
Ebay! Or there are many places where you can advertise for free and try to see things you have, like Craigslist.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:38 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,728,087 times
Default Banks is where it is @.........

All the money is in banks. That is why Pretty Boy Floyd always went there with his machine gun.

When asked why did he rob banks, simple the answer is that is where the money is. Times were bad but he always made good money. Jesse James also knew the secret.

I saved aluminum cans for two years. Got $37.50 on my first big score. Would have been better off hitting the local bank.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:04 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If you think the economy is bad and want to invest in precious metals I’ve got a little helpful hint on how to make money.

Gas is going up, the cost of goods is going up as well, and the cost of delivering those goods is climbing high. Precious metals is the answer. I’m buying beer in large quantities all in aluminum cans from discount houses. I store the beer ~ and when the news gets bad I’ll consume the contents (my life seems better already) then I save the can and with the higher prices paid for the aluminum ~ I’m made a killing on the market and enjoyed myself.

When the wind blows my backyard rattles! Can I get some help with this part of the problem?
See now ya already have 1 brilliant idea. Just need to take it a step further. Put an ad in the paper asking peeps to send ya $19.95 and you will tell them your secret to making money in hard times

And once ya get that off the ground and cash is rollin' in we (yes notice we? hee hee) will sell tickets to the public to spend an eve with Aksarben. Which will include dinner and a show. Not a fancy show, maybe just like a puppet show, you need to keep expenses down. And dinner will be maybe just like a cocktail sandwich or something And 1 can of beer each so we get some money back on them
Yup we will market you friend

Old 11-04-2007, 05:35 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
See now ya already have 1 brilliant idea. Just need to take it a step further. Put an ad in the paper asking peeps to send ya $19.95 and you will tell them your secret to making money in hard times

And once ya get that off the ground and cash is rollin' in we (yes notice we? hee hee) will sell tickets to the public to spend an eve with Aksarben. Which will include dinner and a show. Not a fancy show, maybe just like a puppet show, you need to keep expenses down. And dinner will be maybe just like a cocktail sandwich or something And 1 can of beer each so we get some money back on them
Yup we will market you friend
CHA-CHING!!! Count me in!!! Oh, and could it be a sock puppet show? Recycle our oldies, for the sake of creativity and entrepreneurship?

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 11-04-2007 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: oh, this is gonna be BIG!!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

excellent plan. i was just wondering. i know this is way off the wall but
would working, i mean especially doing those jobs that nobody else wanted to do, i mean really negative experiences, like getting yelled at, hostile angry people, hard labor, lots of stress, would this be of any value to you? it is what has worked for me moneywise. i tried metals once and lost my shirt.
i tried drinking but i stopped because it made my hands shake.
nothing in this post is an attempt to demean or belittle or insult the thread maker. there appeared to be humor in the post, but responding in kind can be risky and has been known to backfire.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:53 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Here's another idea for you, read "Metal detecting under the bleachers", by Seymour Butts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics