Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM

400 posts, read 750,183 times

Advertisements

Inexcusable! A 95 year old veteran killed by police because he didn't want to go back to the hospital.

95-Year-Old Man In Nursing Home Resists Going To Hospital . . . Police Arrive And Shoot and Kill Him With Stun Gun And Bean Bag Rounds | JONATHAN TURLEY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times
If someone doesn't like the way I do something at "work" maybe they should politely tell me to my face what they think I should be doing better, instead of ranting about it behind my back like a gutless idiot. Pathetic.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,974 times
I worked at a place for 10 years ( good job) that demanded perfect attendance.

If you ever called in sick, the head boss would question you the next day as to what illness you had and react with a funny expression saying..........." I never heard of that before. You sure must get sick easily"

One time he contacted the flu and missed 5 days. He came back and tried to convince us his type of flu was so much more severe than the type we ever got.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
After years of unsuccessful searching, I finally found an apartment complex that meets pretty much all my criteria at a reasonable price so I've been excited and nervous about the upcoming move (nothing set in stone yet as the apartment that's being reserved for me won't be vacated until November 7th. I won't sign any leases or rental agreements until I've actually seen the unit so it's all up in the air.

Last night, I was visiting with my friend who lives there and she mentioned that the complex does have roaches. Although she takes efforts to keep them out of her unit. Despite being terrified of roaches, my friend is happy at this complex. I'm seriously at a crossroads here as I've been trying to relocate since 2008 and, up til now, have not found a place that meets my needs. I'm not comfortable with the idea of roaches as they can be difficult to keep under control even if I try to keep clutter at bay and keep the unit clean. All I know is that I can no longer take where I'm living now as my allergies are so bad living next to a freeway and dealing with a tiny place ... I really have to move and was so happy with all the transit and amenities that is available at this complex

Last edited by Chatteress; 10-19-2013 at 07:45 AM..

Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Chatt is the new place closer to your work & easier to take public transit? I'd ask management how often they fumigate that would be a problem for me as well as once you have them you fight them forever. Especially if they don't fumigate on a regular bases found that out when I lived in FL with palmetto bugs.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:24 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
After years of unsuccessful searching, I finally found an apartment complex that meets pretty much all my criteria at a reasonable price so I've been excited and nervous about the upcoming move (nothing set in stone yet as the apartment that's being reserved for me won't be vacated until November 7th. I won't sign any leases or rental agreements until I've actually seen the unit so it's all up in the air.

Last night, I was visiting with my friend who lives there and she mentioned that the complex does have roaches. Although she takes efforts to keep them out of her unit. Despite being terrified of roaches, my friend is happy at this complex. I'm seriously at a crossroads here as I've been trying to relocate since 2008 and, up til now, have not found a place that meets my needs. I'm not comfortable with the idea of roaches as they can be difficult to keep under control even if I try to keep clutter at bay and keep the unit clean. All I know is that I can no longer take where I'm living now as my allergies are so bad living next to a freeway and dealing with a tiny place ... I really have to move and was so happy with all the transit and amenities that is available at this complex
Roaches would definitely be a problem for me, Chatt, especially if the management doesn't keep up on things but if they do, find out if they fumigate ALL the apartments not just the ones that they get complaints from. Did you leave some kind of deposit? If so, is it refundable? Good luck in whatever you decide.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:23 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post

Here are a few natural mixtures for getting rid of roaches. Good luck with the move.
Roach and Pest Infestations

Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Here are a few natural mixtures for getting rid of roaches. Good luck with the move.
Roach and Pest Infestations
Thanks Todd ... I prefer more natural remedies versus the toxic insecticides so these are handy

Old 10-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Chatt is the new place closer to your work & easier to take public transit? I'd ask management how often they fumigate that would be a problem for me as well as once you have them you fight them forever. Especially if they don't fumigate on a regular bases found that out when I lived in FL with palmetto bugs.
I'll have to check with them on that ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Roaches would definitely be a problem for me, Chatt, especially if the management doesn't keep up on things but if they do, find out if they fumigate ALL the apartments not just the ones that they get complaints from. Did you leave some kind of deposit? If so, is it refundable? Good luck in whatever you decide.
Thanks Lucky

Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Thumbs up Boric Acid

Boric acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boric acid was first registered in the US as an insecticide in 1948 for control of cockroaches, termites, fire ants, fleas, silverfish, and many other insects. The product is generally considered to be safe to use in household kitchens to control cockroaches and ants.[18] It acts as a stomach poison affecting the insects' metabolism, and the dry powder is abrasive to the insects' exoskeletons.

Cockroach Elimination | University of Kentucky Entomology

Boric acid sounds bad but it’s harmless to humans and pets. It works great on most common insect pests in homes and restaurants and places that handle foods.

You can buy it at Walmart or Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics