Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Counting juice, coffee, tea, wine and soft drinks, I'd say about 4 to 6. Kobber, your doctor's ideas are out of date if he thinks you need to drink that much water. That was recently debunked. Also, did you know that the water in food also counts toward your daily allowance? That means you are actually ingesting significantly more fluids than whatever you are drinking from a glass or cup. The new rule of thumb is that if you drink enough to keep from being thirsty, you are adequately hydrated.
^^^ Very true. Sipping on fluids all day long and carrying a bottle everywhere, fearing to die of dehydration is a national obsession. I never saw this in any other countries.
Drinking eight glasses of water a day has never actually been shown to do a thing for your health. If your urine is pale yellow or clear in color you are drinking enough.
Google

Last edited by elnina; 06-17-2014 at 03:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I do about 4 loads of laundry a week.
I well eat about 3 eggs a week, but that doesn't include what I use in baking.

Happy Tuesday everyone.....

Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Hello all,

Today’s question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? - No.

If yes, please share a little about your plans. - N/A

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? - 2-4

Eggs do you eat in an average week? - 6

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis? - 3-5

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)? - D/K. Haven't been to a movie in about 5 years. No plans to go anytime soon.

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day? About 7-8.

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today? - Daily salad has plenty. Planning steamed broccoli for tonight.

Thanks, Kobber.
Best wishes to all for a good Tuesday!

Old 06-17-2014, 04:52 AM

400 posts, read 750,056 times
Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? Not planning on leaving home
If yes, please share a little about your plans. If/when my health improves, I'll spend more time strolling on the beach and taking pics.

How many –
Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? I use washer/dryer almost every day.
Eggs do you eat in an average week? About half a dozen
Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis? I visit certain sites and from those look in on links so it varies. Also lots of clicking with work I do from home.

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)? Don't know. I stopped going to movie theatres several years ago.

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day? A lot! The bottled water I have is 16oz per bottle. A "glass" is 8oz (I think) and I drink at least six of those 16oz bottles per day so 12 glasses!

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today? cole slaw (just diagnosed with hyperthyroid and uncooked cruciferous veggies are good for that), carrot/raisin/pineapple salad, black beans, spring salad

National Apple Strudel Day
National Cherry Tart Day
National Eat Your Vegetables Day
Stewart’s Root Beer Day

Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, June 17th 2014. Too much on my plate today, so let’s get straight down to the questions…

Today’s question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? yes I do

If yes, please share a little about your plans. nothing is planned in details,for sure to the West Coast of BC/Canada and visiting my daughter and her fiance

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? at least 5 to 7

Eggs do you eat in an average week?5

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis?

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)? none..quite a distance to drive

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day? it depends ..sometimes 6 glasses or less or sometimes more..I drink every day my 6 cups of Jasmine green tea and the fluid adds up and than water that is quite a bit

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today? leek..I will make a leek soup probably and a green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers

Thought for the day:

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it’s having the phone number of somebody who does! (Anonymous)

Today is:

Husband Caretaker Day
National Cherry Tart Day
Stewart’s Root Beer Day
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought

Thank you Kobber for the Q's and a good day to you all

Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer?
A vacation, to me, means not working & not necessarily going away. Today is the kids' last day of school, or actually half a day. They leave at 12:30 & we have a lunch to thank our paras. Then organizing and cleaning rooms for the rest of today and tomorrow. The only "away" time planned for the summer is a week at a nearby lake with my daughters and their families. I choose this lake because my grandfather and dad built a camp on it in the early 1950s. Pop's heart broke when grampa sold it. Also, it's close enough so that those family members who still need to work can easily travel back and forth.

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? Three or four

Eggs do you eat in an average week? Sometimes none, sometimes half a dozen or more.

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis? Three

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)? Three that I can think of.

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day? Six to Eight

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today? Broccolli, peas, green & red peppers, onions, mushrooms..... Could be any combination of....

Off for the kids last day, saying goodbye to fifth grade.... I hate that part.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
[QUOTE=Kobber;Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, June 17th 2014. Too much on my plate today, so let’s get straight down to the questions…

Today’s question

Do you have a vacation planned for this summer? No.

If yes, please share a little about your plans.

Extra credit question

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? Between 2-4

Eggs do you eat in an average week? 0

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis? 3-5

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)?Too many to count.

Bonus question

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day? Not enough.

Just for fun

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today?If I have a salad then lettuce, grape tomatoes, cukes, peppers and onions.

Thought for the day

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it’s having the phone number of somebody who does! (Anonymous)

Today is

Husband Caretaker Day
National Cherry Tart Day
Stewart’s Root Beer Day

Have a good day, everyone.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:51 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s question:

Just a couple of camping trips.

The first trip is a group camp out, about 40 or so people, in the Indiana Dunes. The second is just hubby and I, probably somewhere in Michigan or Wisconsin.

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week?

Less than 10. There's just the two of us.

Eggs do you eat in an average week?
As actual eggs, maybe 4? I have reasonably good chlesterol levels, so I don't pay too much attention to how many. But I know there are eggs in other things I eat.

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis?
Three or less. I thought, when school was out, I'd have more free time, but now I'm playing catch-up on things that need to be done around the house.

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)?
At least 4.

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day?
Not a whole lot. I've never been a water drinker.

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today?
I'll probably finish off the dill and garlic brown rice with onions, peppers, mushrooms and asparagus from last night.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Husband Caretaker Day
National Cherry Tart Day
Stewart’s Root Beer Day

Thanx for the Qs Kobber. Hope you get everything done that you need to do, and have some time left at the end of the day to relax.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:10 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,672,964 times
Today’s question:

I'm retired and on permanent vacation

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week?
One load. I think I have posted my laundry plan months ago. Basic thought is that all dirt is the same and is removed at the same time, in the same machine.

Eggs do you eat in an average week?
If I have eggs it's a 3 egg omlet. I do that every 2 or 3 weeks

7 or 8 that I visit regularly

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)?
15 - 20 theaters, over 100 screens. I haven't been to a movie in at least 15 yrs

Bonus question:

My doctor wants me to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (to help prevent more kidney stones). I would normally only drink 4-6 glasses. How much water do you usually drink per day?
Not enough. My doc keeps telling me to drink more water

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today?
Potato chips

Thought for the day:

anyone want my niece's phone number,

Old 06-17-2014, 06:35 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Today’s question:

Daughter and granddaughter are coming here in August, I'm not going anywhere
^^

Extra credit question:

How many –

Loads of laundry do you wash in an average week? 2

Eggs do you eat in an average week? 0

Websites (not counting those you might use for work) do you visit on a daily basis? 4-5

Movie theatres are there in your area (within about a 30-minute drive)? 1 in the whole town.

Bonus question:

Good days, 4 (16oz) bottles, bad days, not much

Just for fun:

It’s Eat Your Vegetables Day! Which vegetables do you expect to eat today? None
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics